Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:56 AM

We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers (27751 Views)

Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / Bank Workers Pull Out Of Planned Nationwide Strike / How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by SweetBoyFriend(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2016
Bbcg
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by naijaboiy: 10:38am On May 04, 2016
Why not? undecided
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by IVORY2009(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2016
Lolz, the unemployment rate is really serious, the youths should embrace this kind of business.
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by Nobody: 10:39am On May 04, 2016
Must you compare!!!
Do your taxi driving, while they do their 'banking' abeg. Life is per head.

4 Likes

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by hazyfm: 10:39am On May 04, 2016
grin
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by nonstan(m): 10:39am On May 04, 2016
All those bankers wey no even get job security..some earn less than 50k and are just contract staff...

1 Like

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by IAmshandy(m): 10:40am On May 04, 2016
RollingFellas:

I disagree with you. I know of a taxi driver who started with one car and now controls fleets of taxi in Abuja. The guy makes over 500k per month on his fleets of taxi alone. Its about being focused and determined.

You also forgot that the banker can be sacked at anytime......
u jes sed the truth, they can be sacked at anytime nt like taxi drivers who are bosses on there own.,
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by nmreports: 10:40am On May 04, 2016
The drivers in my company get paid 9k daily.
The criteria is that you come with your vehicle and you maintain it but get paid 9k daily. whether you work or not.
As long as the vehicle is on ground.

We are a heavy user of cabs etc so they felt this will reduce cost.
So yes drivers who are smart and lucky make a lot of money. Not only in Abuja.
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by Jacko1(m): 10:41am On May 04, 2016
Emmaesty:
Such hasty generalization.

5000x22 working days equals 110,000.

Assuming he works everyday, 5000x30 = 150,000.

Meanwhile for permanent staff, Diamond bank pays 247k, Access bank pays 230, Gtbank pays 209k, Stanbic pays 180k.

With a bank job, there's career growth. But as a cab driver, there's little growth as most of them remain in one spot until they are old and can no longer see in the dark.

Firstbank nko

Uba nko

1 Like

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by twinstaiye(m): 10:41am On May 04, 2016
Bank workers are sensible, use sense in doing their work, and are not in rush in doing their work, neither are they nuisance.
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by MrEdimulo82(m): 10:41am On May 04, 2016
That's so true....many of all this guys i.e artisans, traffic hawkers etc. are earning far more than some of us on regular pay jobs, the white collar shitty job undecided, you argue wt ur sef but first do the calculation on their daily earnings and make their profit deduction.
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by banmee(m): 10:42am On May 04, 2016
Emmaesty:

Meanwhile for permanent staff, Diamond bank pays 247k, Access bank pays 230, Gtbank pays 209k, Stanbic pays 180k.

With a bank job, there's career growth. But as a cab driver, there's little growth as most of them remain in one spot until they are old and can no longer see in the dark.

Lol....Stop trying to make sense. It does not work in Nigeria.
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by emmykingkong: 10:43am On May 04, 2016
kk
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by akanniade10(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2016
mrvitalis:
This even small in Port Harcourt ... . If the car is ur own and u work for say 8 hours u are show of profit of 7 to 12 thousand per day.... A serious person in 3 years can have then cars on the road bringing 200k per week let's say worst case average of 120k per week that's 480k a month

With this u can invest in a more sustainable business that can set u for life ( pig farming, large scale irrigated farms, real estate, etc)

I just gave you a "Like" for that. Trust me, you couldn't say it any better, On Point!!!
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by mayama(m): 10:44am On May 04, 2016
Emmaesty:

says who that there isn't career growth,if the cab driver works really hard and he has saved pretty well,cant he start expanding by buying hire purchase,of vehicles,and he puts drivers in charge and they come to deliver to him,either on monthly or weekly as the case may be
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by RollingFellas: 10:44am On May 04, 2016
devonpaul:

I feel u bro but that's not a career growth sha, it's just a business making sense. I call it ' Business Boom Era' every business men experiences this and there is the Doom Era too.

I disagree with you. What do you understand by career? And what does career growth means to you? Agreed every businessmen experiences ups and down in business. When does a business makes sense?...lol...Do you know that career growth to you may mean something else to another person? When the cab driver confesses that he makes a lot of money than an average banker, he makes a lot of sense. Those major transporters that churn out millions monthly, don't they have 'career' growth? Transportation industry thrives, despite its risky terrain. The man that owns fleet of cabs and makes average of 500k monthly even has a registered cab company. Banks are always eager to dish out loans to him and he also has staffs he pays.

Its high time our youths begin to change personal orientation about this white collar job thing.....and also, business and investments are pensionable. If you doubt it, please speak with pension fund managers....

4 Likes

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by firstolalekan(m): 10:44am On May 04, 2016
RollingFellas:

I disagree with you. I know of a taxi driver who started with one car and now controls fleets of taxi in Abuja. The guy makes over 500k per month on his fleets of taxi alone. Its about being focused and determined.

unemployment...

1 Like

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by lonelydora: 10:47am On May 04, 2016
Emmaesty:

People make assumptions based on Contract Staff and do not know how well permanent staff earns.

1 Like

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by mayama(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2016
Emmaesty:

for someone with so much information regarding bank renumeration,i want to believe u are quite exposed,but saying no career growth,that beats me,think outside the box dear,and believe not all that glitter is gold, I will choose several stuff to do than a bank job
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by akanniade10(m): 10:52am On May 04, 2016
Keneking:
Bank workers wear ties and high heeled shoes and cat walk in AC

that same tie they use in deceiving people and tieing down their destinies!!! Open your Eyes shocked
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by maleq(m): 10:53am On May 04, 2016
na lie. una life sef na pity. una dey cheat any person wen buy una taxi to drive.
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by AmAlbert(m): 10:53am On May 04, 2016
No be joke o, wen I dey naija port Harcourt to dey precise na drop I dey run from 8pm to 6am, before God and man I make between 15-25k everyday, my cab is not registered that means e no get any plate number, I dey carry bunkering fuel, I dey run some kind logistics wey plenty people no go gree do, but for day time I be like perfect Gentleman, wetin I dey tru talk be say beta cash dey inside cab business, I carry dat biz buy 1 plot of land for port Harcourt for D line in 5 months...

Na only if you get mind to carry runs girls, ghosts, dead body, gun and even contraband stuff na im be say you go make am pass the ordinary Normal cab man cos you go dey make between 160-200k every week, I dey tell una out of personal experience

*sips dogonyaro and aki awusa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by idu1(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2016
nmreports:
The drivers in my company get paid 9k daily.
The criteria is that you come with your vehicle and you maintain it but get paid 9k daily. whether you work or not.
As long as the vehicle is on ground.

We are a heavy user of cabs etc so they felt this will reduce cost.
So yes drivers who are smart and lucky make a lot of money. Not only in Abuja.
which conpany is that?
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by stagger: 10:56am On May 04, 2016
Emmaesty:

This is the mentality that enslaves people to paid jobs. I know hired taxi guys who operate only at night to carry drops, ferrying people from house to club, club to club and from club to house. You can't pay less than 1k to go from Wuse 2 to Gwarinpa. Such guys make up to 10k just working from 10pm to 3am.

Then there are those who run airport taxi runs. They can make up to 10k a day.

The plan is never to keep driving until old age sets in. Many of them acquire more vehicles and give out. A carefully structured taxi business can bring the operator up to 5 or 6 cars in a 10 year period. Peace Mass Transit started with the main man himself driving his one single bus from Enugu to Nsukka and back starting in 1994. Now 22 years later, is he the one driving his more than 10,000 buses?

For the bank worker, they think they are on top of the world until the dreaded sack letter shows up. Then they suddenly find they have no skills, no business acumen, NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH! I know many of them.

So between the taxi man and the bank worker, who is really on top?

8 Likes

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by whys: 10:58am On May 04, 2016
But if family wahala come, every body go dey expect white collar job person to bring. d others go say ,na only taxi ,shop i dey manage,I no get any tin.

2 Likes

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by obailala(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2016
hungryboy:
but the bank workers live better than you guys,

Na all this boast were una dey boast dey make police dey worry una for roger.
The ability to live better is just a state of the mind, it's all psychological and a thing of the mind. Some years back, I had an okada man friend and neighbour who told me he made over 100,000 on the average in a month. I engaged in the discussion with him cos I couldn't understand how 'a mere okada man' could have been living the 'basic' but comfortable life which he was living and I was astounded when he told me how much he earned. The truth is that very many white-collar office workers who appear to live comfortable lives do not earn that much.

The real reason most cab drivers and okada men tend to live shabby lives is the state of their minds; they see themselves as the poor lower class in society and also, as inferior people to the white collar office workers. This mentality drives them to sometimes live irresponsibly and from hand to mouth; peppersouping, bigstouting and ashaworising on evenings and weekends. The fact is that a prudent okadaman or cab driver can live a comfortable life, better than most office workers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by psalm121vs1: 11:03am On May 04, 2016
Emmaesty:

or they can think big and become the next young shall grow motors or even reinvent uber system of taxis

1 Like

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by Emmaesty(f): 11:04am On May 04, 2016
RollingFellas:

mayama:
says who that there isn't career growth,if the cab driver works really hard and he has saved pretty well,cant he start expanding by buying hire purchase,of vehicles,and he puts drivers in charge and they come to deliver to him,either on monthly or weekly as the case may be
It's easier said than done guys. How many cab drivers do you see that control fleet of cars? Most of them are uneducated and don't see beyond the one car that they are driving.

The 5k that they earn per day can't be seen as their real income. Remember that they pay for fuel and the vehicle needs maintainance.

Even worse still, most of the times, the cars are not theirs. Let's say that the money is shared equally between the owner and the driver, that will give us 75k at best for a month.

I'm not saying that being a Cabbie is a bad job, what I'm driving at is that arguing that a cab driver is better than a banker is rather absurd. Managers of banks earn more than 500k per month. Remember that the title says that cab drivers earn more than bankers which is a false generalization as we have different bankers on different levels in banks.

*Drops pen*

1 Like

Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by Emmaesty(f): 11:05am On May 04, 2016
psalm121vs1:
or they can think big and become the next young shall grow motors or even reinvent uber system of taxis
How many of them will think that far?
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by datigbogirl: 11:06am On May 04, 2016
emamos:

http://sunnewsonline.com/we-earn-more-than-bank-workers-fct-cab-drivers/

Please how much can one get a toks golf 2/3 for this transport business and how much litre of fuel will the car consume for a 2hour journey cos i feel these are the logistics one must think about when getting this ride.
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by akanniade10(m): 11:08am On May 04, 2016
obailala:
The ability to live better is just a state of the mind, it's all psychological and a thing of the mind. Some years back, I had an okada man friend and neighbour who told me he made over 100,000 on the average in a month. I engaged in the discussion with him cos I couldn't understand how 'a mere okada man' could have been living the 'basic' but comfortable life which he was living and I was astounded when he told me how much he earned. The truth is that very many white-collar office workers who appear to live comfortable lives do not earn that much.

The real reason most cab drivers and okada men tend to live shabby lives is the state of their minds; they see themselves as the poor lower class in society and also, as inferior people to the white collar office workers. This mentality drives them to sometimes live irresponsibly and from hand to mouth; peppersouping, bigstouting and ashaworising on evenings and weekends. The fact is that a prudent okadaman or cab driver can live a comfortable life, better than most office workers.

Lol true, but I think that mentality is gradually diminishing, C'mon it's 2016. Where we now have Uber and the likes.
Re: We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers by RollingFellas: 11:09am On May 04, 2016
Vick4rill:
brother in ur quest to encourage entrepreneurship dnt make it, look so easy, and exaggrate it. i am in abuja presently and i can tell u that most taxi driver, are on high purchase, some taxi drivers dnt evn make upto that 5k. u forgot that they also ve their own daily expences nd cost of living is vry high in abuja. a banker that earn 200K can buy taxis and give it out for bussiness.the truth is that white collar jobs is beta than most of this jobs.bt lacks of it, makes us to go for other choices... castigating white collar jobs is like a blind man who becus he doesnt ve eyes concludes, that the eyes smells. evn the taxi driver would ve gone for pensioneer job if oppurtune.

Thanks a lot for these insights. But the truth is business requires commitment, dedication, perseverance, sometimes denial of some luxuries, and focus. The man that makes 500k monthly started with one on hire purchase from someone, years back. And today he has fleets of them. I know Abuja very well, and I am also a player in the transport business and have been able to have fleets too ranging from cabs for intra city, Sienas and buses for inter city travels. I have also tasted white collar job were I rose to the very top of my career. With all humility, I can say I have tasted both world.....So, please what the FCT cab driver said is true. If any driver is on hire purchase, he still makes money. The problem with most of them is indiscipline and being economical with the truth. Some also are into women, booze and live extravagantly without planning.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Konga Sacks Workers Every Six Months / 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / "God Bless N-Power" Bike Number Plate Spotted In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.