Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Get That Website For Just 5k - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Get That Website For Just 5k (908 Views)

For Sale: 5gb Host Plan + Reportersng.com Domain For Just 5k / Let Me Get You An Adsense Account With Your Disapproved Site For Just 5k / Have You Ever Lied To Get That Website Contract ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get That Website For Just 5k by seyiweb: 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2009
get ur personal website,believe it or not you can also make money from ur website.call seyi 08039355562.
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by remoranger(m): 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2009
please i need something like http://www.twitter.com
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by yawatide(f): 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2009
wow! $30? How much is hosting and domain name registration? Or is that part of the $30?
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by Cactus(m): 11:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
If I have to pay someone to build me a basic 5 page site just providing information about me or my service, I will never pay 5000 Naira. I would be looking at paying 50 000 Naira.

You cant just ask people to pay you to make sites, you have not given any of your previous work, so how can they know what they may get?
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by HC: 7:11am On Aug 12, 2009
A website for 5k
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by yawatide(f): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2009
he he, this is like a mechanic telling me, upfront without knowing what is wrong with my car that it will cost me 5K to fix it. First off, he doesn't know what I want done and secondly, he doesn't know if by charging 5K, he ends up losing money, profit-wise in the process. I would be very wary of such a mechanic.

A professional will usually start, even when pressured by a client, by saying, "let's leave off pricing till I get the necessary info from you. My job is to make sure you get the best bang for your money" or something like that. Then you start asking, "what is this site for? Will you provide graphics? When do you need the site? etc".

Let's be professional folks. It is the way you dress that you are addressed.
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by dababex: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

he he, this is like a mechanic telling me, upfront without knowing what is wrong with my car that it will cost me 5K to fix it. First off, he doesn't know what I want done and secondly, he doesn't know if by charging 5K, he ends up losing money, profit-wise in the process. I would be very wary of such a mechanic.

A professional will usually start, even when pressured by a client, by saying, "let's leave off pricing till I get the necessary info from you. My job is to make sure you get the best bang for your money" or something like that. Then you start asking, "what is this site for? Will you provide graphics? When do you need the site? etc".

Let's be professional folks. It is the way you dress that you are addressed.
PEOPLE LIKE YOU NAH HIM DEY SPOIL THIS OUR INDUSTRY, WHY WILL YOU PRICE YOUR SELF CHEAP?
I CAN NEVER BUILD A WEBSITE FOR LESS THAN 50K NOT EVEN FOR MY FATHER, WEBDESIGN IS NOT FOR DESPERATE ACTS, IT IS A PROFESSION AND IT HAS VALUES
SO QUIT ALL THIS 5K WEBSITE COS THEY AINT REAL BRO
NO OFFENCE
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by yawatide(f): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2009
I CAN NEVER BUILD A WEBSITE FOR LESS THAN 50K NOT EVEN FOR MY FATHER

1) Never say never
2) Even for your father? tongue grin
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by smartsoft(m): 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
does the guy design website at all ?
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by dababex: 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

1) Never say never
2) Even for your father? tongue grin

im telling you the truth,my father wanted to build a website for his alumni, he is well educated and is familar with the IT world,i made him understand it is not cheap,he paid 80k
and he was happy with the result.the minimum i can develop a site for is 50k,because i know what im offering
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by OmniPotens(m): 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2009
I thought i was done eradicating hungry designers. Well, i'll fetch my thingy and hunt this hungry dude before he puts on a new layer of skin. Pals in here, keep dodging them. They are hungry pests. :-P
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by quadrillio(m): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2009
I don tire for dis Desperados who call dereself Designers
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by TechPros(m): 11:55am On Aug 14, 2009
wonderful grin
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2009
quadrillio:

I don tire for dis Desperados who call dereself Designers

Desperado se kini? i mean, who them be?
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by charliebiz(m): 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2009
Firstly, he made the post in the wrong board section,
there is the advert and hosting section
which he should have used.

Secondly, please before sending this guy to the gutters,
i think he should be understood.
i know we are not happy with his price but i don't think
he is competin with the gurus in the industry.
the site might be a one-page sales website witout graphics
or any programming or just to install a wordpress blog through fantastico and that is it.
By experience, he will understand at the end of these posts
what undercharge means. i can't even take a one page sales website for that amount.

@seyiweb
guy, you undercharge, when you start gettin specification on what will be on a site,
you end up saying "if to say i know i for charge high" and please do not reduce yourself or business
to a commodity in trying to be competitive, you can charge a premium value and offer premium service
to your clients.

i think i have made enough sense.
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by Cactus(m): 9:59am On Aug 15, 2009
You guys bullied him and he ran away
I am also guilty as I contributed my share of denunciation
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by dababex: 11:54am On Aug 15, 2009
charliebiz:

@seyiweb
guy, you undercharge, when you start gettin specification on what will be on a site,
you end up saying "if to say i know i for charge high" and please do not reduce yourself or business
to a commodity in trying to be competitive, you can charge a premium value and offer premium service
to your clients.

i think i have made enough sense.

yes cactus,you have made lots of sense,no matter how desperate you are,try and balance your charges, if you are a developer and you develop from the scratch,you can understand what we are talking about,
Re: Get That Website For Just 5k by sesantoke(m): 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2009
well it is actually possible. It is either it is going to be a 50 megabite site with restricted graphics. I have done some cheap website for some small schools. But the price was 10000.

sesan

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Not Listed On Paypals / I Need A Web Designer (please) / I Want The Best Jobs Portal In The Country:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.