Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Facebook Rewards 10-year-old Finnish Boy For Finding Instagram Flaw - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Rewards 10-year-old Finnish Boy For Finding Instagram Flaw (500 Views)

Earn Up To N5000 Airtime And Other Rewards Today! / Smartphone Buying Guide: 8 Tips To Finding The Right Phone / Google Frowns On Android Flaw Used To Gain Root Access To Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Rewards 10-year-old Finnish Boy For Finding Instagram Flaw by gustav25: 1:39pm On May 04, 2016
Oh my life,According to a report in technology website VentureBeat.com, Jani from Finland discovered the security flaw in Instagram on his own.

He found a bug in Instagram which requires you to be at least 13 before even signing up, that let him delete any comment on the social network.

"He reported the bug by email, offered proof by deleting a message on one of Facebook's test Instagram accounts and it was fixed in February. Facebook paid him the bug bounty in March," the report added.

"I would have been able to remove anyone, even Justin Bieber," the report quoted Jani as saying.

The Finnish boy wishes to become a security researcher. "It would be my dream job. Security is very important," he was quoted as saying.

He used the reward money to buy a new bike, football gear and computers for his two brothers.

The young chap was rewarded with $10,000 for his discovery

Visit http://ogatech..com.ng for more techy news daily

(1) (Reply)

Free Alcatel Phone / Perfectly Working Samsung Galaxy S4 For Sale / Asus Laptop For Sell At Ajangbadi Last Bus-stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.