Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? (19399 Views)

CLOSED ADVERT- Sales Girl Needed, Ssce/school Leaver, 25k / What Job Can I Do To Raise 40k For The Next Three Months / What Job Seeker Needs To Learn From Jobberman Recent Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Briona(f): 6:45pm On May 04, 2016
[b][/b]After the recently concluded WAEC, I have been at home doing Nothing. So I was wondering what a secondary school leaver can do that can fetch money in Nigeria? possible until my post UTME.

Please your opinion and comments is necessary.

1 Like

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by MarysMeal: 6:47pm On May 04, 2016
Briona:
[b][/b]After the recently concluded WAEC, I have been at home doing Nothing. So I was wondering what a secondary school leaver can do that can fetch money in Nigeria? possible until my post UTME.

Why not apply as a sales girl?

10 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by chikel2000(m): 6:50pm On May 04, 2016
Go for a computer diploma

3 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by finalboss1(m): 6:51pm On May 04, 2016
you cn teach in all this primary schools around yo.. like 16,000 or 10,000 per month..

7 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Briona(f): 8:35pm On May 04, 2016
Based on teaching in primary schools.. Can they accept me without WAEC certificate.
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Pidggin(f): 11:09pm On May 04, 2016
You can be a child minder

10 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:53am On May 05, 2016
Why don't you go for your A levels. At least if you intend to apply to a university, you can go through direct entry am talking about Cambridge A levels and it's just a year. Come on there's no time to waste o.

2 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Briona(f): 5:43am On May 05, 2016
tensazangetsu:
Why don't you go for your A levels. At least if you intend to apply to a university, you can go through direct entry am talking about Cambridge A levels and it's just a year. Come on there's no time to waste o.
Can you throw more light?
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:22am On May 05, 2016
Briona:

Can you throw more light?
Am saying in case of waiting and throwing a whole year, you should commenced your Cambridge A levels. You do well in it and you don't even have to write jamb, just apply directly to the university you wanna go and you will be admitted. I don't know where you live but there are lots of good A level prep schools in lagos and ibadan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by babythug(f): 9:36am On May 05, 2016
There are many options depending on your interests and proposed career path.

Child minder/ nanny - check with neighbours and family friends. You can also check some pre-schools and nurseries I.e creche

Cleaner- offices or homes

Front desk officer/ receptionist of a small organisation. For eg laundry outfits.

Cashier or sales person - supermarkets and other shops

Office/admin/clerical Assistant in a small organisation.

Just ask around and be humble.

Remember there is dignity in labour and the Lord says we should not despise humble beginnings.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by tonyot(m): 2:45pm On May 05, 2016
contact me if u r in calabar. Presently my research project need that cadre of staff for field work
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Kazrem(m): 2:45pm On May 05, 2016
Briona:

Salesgirl. Teacher in a mushroom nursery school. Receptionist in small establishment.
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 05, 2016
trading
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 05, 2016
Teaching is the easiest, though the pay is small...

Its going to give you some teaching experience, and it keeps your brain 'hot' too. wink

I will suggest that you should learn a trade...

3 Likes 1 Share

Security guard, mechanic, agbe kpo, bricklaying, photocopy, cyber cafe attendant, opening and running a cybercafe, acting, singing, selling of recharge cards, online freelancing etc.

3 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by macaranta(m): 2:47pm On May 05, 2016
Plenty lipsrsealed
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by tolexy007(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2016
Sunday school teacher angry

5 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2016
Briona:

If yoy where my sister my advice to you would be to learn a trade that can fetch you money when you get admission to sturdy.you can learn how to fix hair. Or make clothes. Or do nails. There are loads you can invest your time on unless you need the cash like now. I will advice do that.

13 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 05, 2016
Briona:
Based on teaching in primary schools.. Can they accept me without WAEC certificate.
yea
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by NwaNimo1(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2016
Akara seller.. or farming
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by allthingsgood: 2:49pm On May 05, 2016
Masquerade grin grin

No seriously, there are ample opportunities in African arts and culture!

2 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by eddyslim(m): 2:49pm On May 05, 2016
tonyot:
contact me if u r in calabar. Presently my research project need that cadre of staff for field work
Are you in Calabar?
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by StepTwo: 2:49pm On May 05, 2016
Briona:

hello Dear Sis, you must not go after money right now, have you done ur computer programme yet?

iyou should if you have not, i boycotted d idea so many years ago when i had d chance but now i can really see d effect.

pls, do enrol for d 6months computer diploma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by yomalex(m): 2:50pm On May 05, 2016
Sales girl/boy, computer training, vocational training

1 Like

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by EduRegard: 2:50pm On May 05, 2016
Briona:
[b]After the recently concluded WAEC, I have been at home doing Nothing. So I was wondering what a secondary school leaver can do that can fetch money in Nigeria? possible until my post UTME.

There are loads of opportunities for you, especially online.

If you have access to good and cheap internet, you might consider freelancing with any kill you have, most probably, writing skills. Signup on websites like fiverr or upwork and get started with your writing profile.

If that sounds too complicated for you, you might go to webmaster section of Nairaland and open a thread making known your interest to be writer for blogs.

These aforementioned are basically underrated but tested and trusted means of making some income at the comfort of your home and even when you gain admission.

Also 'Teaching' might be a good consideration for you considering your academic level.

'Sales girl' isn't advisable at this point, because this will hardly add to your formal knowledge or augment your skills.

All these opinions are just based on my preferential picks and might differ from your or any other person's opinion.
[/b]

But no matter what you choose to do, make sure you are improving yourself in some ways so the time will not be wasted.

In case you might be interested, check out these posts

16 Surest Ways To Make Money As A Student

AND

How To Earn Extra Income As A Student
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by BEEGOLD797(m): 2:51pm On May 05, 2016
If u stay in Ibadan I can give u a secretary job in a Travel & Tours coy. Mind u the pay is nt much 10,000. And no weekend job, just Mon-Fri.
Briona:

1 Like

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by MadCow1: 2:53pm On May 05, 2016
Join the Nigerian Police & Army..

2 Likes

Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by ammyluv2002(f): 2:53pm On May 05, 2016
A whole lot! Check for jobs online...there are some good jobs that minimum requirement is SSCE. You can draft your cv and apply

All the best!
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by apotek: 2:55pm On May 05, 2016
Clean hotel rooms.
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by bidecolee: 2:55pm On May 05, 2016
Secondary school can only do a sales boy or go to learn any work of his/her choose
Re: What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? by Sleekyshuga(f): 2:56pm On May 05, 2016
Briona:
The chances are very slim, save you are applying as a cleaner which will not boost you up academically...

It's not always all about the money (save you are saving up to finance yourself in the university)..

Try running skill acquisition programs such as fashion designing, cake baking, bead making, soap, cream & candle making, computer diploma training, catering etc..

Trust me.. They will come handy after your tertiary education while awaiting NYSC, and you will make good money from it/them..

Even if you choose to work, you will make money through them as a side business..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shell Recruitment Day 2011 / I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials / MTN TEST ( Sales Representative)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.