Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) (19629 Views)

Armed Robbers Using Nails Covered In Polyethylene Bag To Rob Victims - Picture / Armed Robbers Use POS Device To Rob Victims / Lady Shot Dead In Ikorodu Traffic Robbery, Daughter Kidnapped... Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by dre11(m): 7:27am On May 05, 2016
A 48-year-old man, Henry Ate, yesterday told police in Lagos that he and other pickpockets usually operate in shifts – morning and evening – in the Lagos metropolis. Ate and seven others were arrested by officials of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) as pickpockets. The RRS also arrested seven others as “one-chance” robbers.

All the suspects were arrested at Ajegunle area and Mile 2. The RSS gave the names of the suspects as Ate, Akeem Fatai (42), Jerry Nwokoro (24), Olayinka Tadius (29), Lucky Thompson (36), Stanley Augustine (31) and Ubah Kenneth (25). Others are Habib Narudeen (17), Oyemi Ilesanmi (23), Kenneth Okojie (30), Chinedu Uzubi (24), Ajakaiye Christopher (30), Samson Uwaneze (23), and Wasiu Kazeem 24; while Chinedu Godwin (32), a suspected pickpocket, was apprehended at Mile 2.

The police also recovered two commercial buses with registration number KTU 716XS and GGE 532XL used by the suspects.

According to RRS, the arrest was made possible following a tip-off from the members of the public about the incessant attacks of the suspects.

According to Ate, after their operation they retire to hotel in the afternoon and then regroup later in the evening. He said: “As at the time we were arrested, more than half of us had gone out for the morning operation, but seven of us were arrested at various bus stops along Oshodi-Mile 2 routes. As pickpockets, we know one another. We have no other jobs than what we do; it is what we depend on.” The suspect added that, occasionally, the pickpockets work with “one-chance” robbers.

According to him, the operation involves a bus driver, conductor and a pickpocket who seats mostly at the back seat of the bus. He added: “Whenever we are going on operation, we only pick about two to four passengers and dispossess them of their belongings and drop them by the roadside before speeding off.

But we don’t push down any passenger we have robbed. “If I decide not go out with my gang, I always prefer to pickpocket alone at Shoprite and Governor’s Office area.”

Six of the suspects confessed to the police that they operate from Mile 2 to Oshodi and Oshodi to Iyana-Ipaja routes. Pastor Emeka Ndukwe, one of their victims, narrated how his phone was removed from his pocket inside the bus at Iyana-Ipaja area.

He said: “I only noticed my phone was removed when I wanted to buy something at the bus stop.” The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Dolapo Badmos, who confirmed the arrest of the suspects, said there would be no hiding place for criminals in Lagos. She, however, said the suspects would soon be charged to court.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/run-shifts-say-pickpockets/

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by ibkgab001: 7:33am On May 05, 2016
They use meta physical power too

1 Like

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by madridguy(m): 7:43am On May 05, 2016
May God help and protect us against bad people.

1 Like

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by Adebola02(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2016
The police should castrate those bastards.
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by pendusky(m): 8:05am On May 05, 2016
Good or Bad Igbo must always lead grin

11 Likes

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:48am On May 05, 2016
All the name checker i guess would go on strike on this thread cos every one of them is well represented. Thank God for their apprehension. At least a certain amount of sigh of relief would be heaved by people in that area.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by ShitHead(m): 12:01pm On May 05, 2016
Satan will soon arrange your shift duty in hell...idiots.
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by tommykiwi(m): 12:01pm On May 05, 2016
Shakara done end oooo
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by SmithHumble50: 12:02pm On May 05, 2016
Seems name checkers will be confused here as d names seems mixed..

Nawa for una Sha..

4 Likes

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by MadCow1: 12:02pm On May 05, 2016
I hope they get judged under Sharia Law and have their Arms chopped off... angry

2 Likes

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by Babyphinas(f): 12:03pm On May 05, 2016
Endtime boys
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by Smartsyn(m): 12:03pm On May 05, 2016
Asin day and night shifts like in a normal job!
Ok, continue..
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by MadCow1: 12:03pm On May 05, 2016
pendusky:

angry

grin
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 05, 2016
Great ...i have given a good snapshot (Y -7, I - 6, B -1)
I have arranged the people in order of seniority....

Ate, Akeem Fatai (42), Y
Lucky Thompson (36), Y
Chinedu Godwin (32), I
Stanley Augustine (31), I
Ajakaiye Christopher (30), Y
Kenneth Okojie (30), B
Olayinka Tadius (29), Y
Ubah Kenneth (25), I
Chinedu Uzubi (24), I
Wasiu Kazeem (24), Y
Jerry Nwokoro (24), I
Oyemi Ilesanmi (23), Y
Samson Uwaneze (23), I
Habib Narudeen (17), Y

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by hob(m): 12:04pm On May 05, 2016
Bloody thieves
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 12:05pm On May 05, 2016
So it's a factory that they run shift? Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by kaziblake(f): 12:05pm On May 05, 2016
Why won't they steal?
Stupid country with useless leaders
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by miccheck58: 12:06pm On May 05, 2016
Lagos and thieves.....
Then, some IPOD yoots and crime

4 Likes

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by AlexCk: 12:06pm On May 05, 2016
Nawa o.

Una be ocean's eleven ni??

3 Likes

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by Negroqee(m): 12:06pm On May 05, 2016
See dat one wearing United Jersey grin

2 Likes

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by hahn(m): 12:06pm On May 05, 2016
ibkgab001:
They use meta physical power too

Stop being ignorant. They practice a lot. That's all undecided

1 Like

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by kaziblake(f): 12:06pm On May 05, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
All the name checker i guess would go on strike on this thread cos every one of them is well represented. Thank God for their apprehension. At least a certain amount of sigh of relief would be heaved by people in that area.
grin
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by bastien: 12:07pm On May 05, 2016
Over to the name checker association of Nairaland

When West collabo with East

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by bayinq25(m): 12:07pm On May 05, 2016
Name checking postponed,tribe affected,I repeat!tribe affected!!copy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by Negroqee(m): 12:07pm On May 05, 2016
kaziblake:
Why won't they steal?
Stupid country with useless leaders

Dx x nt an excuse..........

We are in d same country with dem or are you stealing too

2 Likes

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by gbens2000(m): 12:08pm On May 05, 2016
Adebola02:
The police should castrate those bastards.
because?
Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by kaziblake(f): 12:08pm On May 05, 2016
pendusky:
The major tribes are represented well there so which one is igbo again undecided

4 Likes

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by Eneze1(f): 12:08pm On May 05, 2016
@Hahn LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) by Negroqee(m): 12:08pm On May 05, 2016
.... undecided....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank / NDLEA Arrests Man Who Sells Illicit Drugs In Wheelchair / Customs Seizes 1017 Bags Of Cannabis Worth N16 Million In Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.