Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends (19748 Views)

11-Year-Old Girl Kidnapped By Herbalist For Sex Slave Returns After 5 Years / Cameroonian University Student Found Dead In Bush After Being Raped (pics) / 15-year-old Girl Killed By Facebook Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by webaplanet(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
SEVEN months after a post-graduate student of Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Miss Cynthia Osokogu was killed by friends she met on social media, Facebook, an undergraduate of Kogi State University, Lokoja, Kogi State, Oludoyi Bamidele Samuel, has been abducted by a kidnap syndicated, facilitated by a friend he also met on Facebook.

Samuel was, however, lucky, as he is alive to tell the story of how his supposed friend, identified as Michael (surname unknown) by the Delta State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ikechukwu Aduba, lured him from Enugu to Warri, DeltaState.

A kidnap gang facilitated by Michael, currently at large, held him hostage for three days before Police officers from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, stormed their hideout at Uzor Street, Agbarho, and seized three of the suspects.

They demanded N5 million ransom from Samuel’s mother to effect his release and were relocating him to another location when the police pounced on them. Commissioner Aduba gave the names of the suspects cooling off in police cell as Anibor Oghenekparabo, Onoriode Omamowho and Kelvin Orotoma.

Cynthia was killed in a hotel in Festac, Lagos, which she was lured to in July 2012, by her Facebook friends, but the intent of Samuel’s abductors was to extort money from his parents.

Mr. Aduba, who confirmed that Samuel has reunited with his Enugu-based parents said, “He was invited by a friend, identified as Michael, who he met on Facebook for a birthday party in Warri. They have not met face to face before this incident, but have been chatting on the internet. He must have found out his background through his interaction with him on the social media.”

“So, they plotted how to abduct him and make money. Samuel, the only son of his parents, who his kidnappers believe are well to do, left his parents in Enugu without telling them where he was going to and entered a vehicle to Warri. “He (Samuel was discussing with Michael on phone and called him on when he got to Warri, but his so-called friend had ulterior motive. He had arranged with others to kidnap him and Samuel was whisked to a house at Uzor Street, Agbarho, where he was held hostage for three days,” Aduba asserted.

Saturday Vanguard was told that Samuel was dumbfounded by the entire affair, as he was kept incommunicado in a compound that had other residents.

His break came when some persons, who suspected the movement of the suspected kidnappers, got in touch with the police.

The suspects also decoded that their secret had been uncovered and arranged to move the victim, but the police struck at the nick of time.

Commissioner Aduba was, however, disturbed that people could leave their homes to visit so-called friends they met on Facebook without proper security check.

“I do not understand this; I am warning young men and women to stop this behavior. How can you leave your home to go a birthday party by somebody you do not know, all because both of you met on Facebook, this is ridiculous.

“People should help the police by being security conscious. Can you imagine, he left Enugu without telling his parents and the suspected kidnappers were using his phone to call his parents, asking for ransom,” he said.

Read more http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/facebook-friends-kidnap-kogi-varsity-student/
for moew Odd news visit http://tonykempis com

2 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
The Negatives of Social Media

He is still a Learner.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by 1shortblackboy: 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
Is wa
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by DnigerianPrince: 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
Nigeria is fuked and filled with fuked up people(government and the people), psychos(kidnappers) and dumbos (the victim)

7 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by wellmax(m): 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
Na wa
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Okijajuju1(m): 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
Please like this if you think the Victim was a fo0l.. grin grin grin grin

120 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by buccal(m): 4:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
The guy is a dummy,the police should charge him for stupidity

23 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by skales(m): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Kidnappers everywhere ... Even the poor is not safe in this country anymore

Which way out Nigeria? I'm a rich kid and scared to walk alone dis days grin
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by greall1: 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Na wa ooo
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Nasige(m): 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
Lucky him
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by SisiKill1: 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
I'm sorry but there must be a mistake in the article. . .I think Samuel supposed to be Samuella - A Girl?

According to the wisemen on Nairaland, only Naija girls with their "chicken brains" are stupid enough to go meet people from facebook. Even when they were told what happened to Cynthia could happen to anyone, they refused to listen. . .so certain were they in their belief they were adamant that only Nigerian girls have no sense.

Maybe if more time was spent warning EVERYONE regardless of gender to be cautious instead of using the opportunity to bash Nigerian girls, Poor Samuel wouldn't have felt safe under the cloak of false invincibility ascribed to his gender and would have been more careful.

Well thank God, this had a happy ending. . .we all know it could have ended badly.

SO EVERYBODY BE CAREFUL. . .BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!

15 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by ZUBY77(m): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
Just like the Pastors, the kidnappers are now going online. There is no hiding place.

5 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by kehinde1588(m): 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
Females will neva learn cos dey av deaf ears. Nigerians wit bad habit
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by dabrake(m): 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju: Please like this if you think the Victim was a fo0l.. grin grin grin grin
unfortunately, no 'likes' for your post.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Tolexander: 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
Seems the guy has a dirty motive aside the birthday party which he intentionally didn't want to disclose, but the facebook friends' intention outsmarted his.

He just use the birthday party to justify and support his intention.
I wonder why a guy will be so close with another person of the same gender with him and decides to pay him a visit in Warri from Enugu. The guy needs to be thoroughly and severly investigated.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by tessyade: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sometimes i wonder how our ungraduates think. The news of cynthia's death was all over the place and someone will still fall for such!!!
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Afam4eva(m): 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
I think people should start going to jail for being stup1d.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by trix1: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju: Please like this if you think the Victim was a fo0l.. grin grin grin grin

Bros, again I'd repeat, You are highly mouthed!!
you have experienced nearly every thing posted on every thread never lack words to drop on any thread.

1 Like

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
All though d kidnapping is wrong but d guy no tel dem d story finish.how e go comot from kogi jst to meet ur fellow guy u nvr seen before.dey must hv promised him enuf kpekus n okpo to rock dat is d only reason i can tink of.guys tink with ur head n not ur pri.ck

2 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by mcevans1(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
skales: Kidnappers everywhere ... Even the poor is not safe in this country anymore

Which way out Nigeria? I'm a rich kid and scared to walk alone dis days grin

*Tip-toeing behind him*

5 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Sweetblaze(f): 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
nigerians nd social network, God help us sha
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Odunharry(m): 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
d guy nid 50slaps on the face
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
tongue
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by dash97: 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
Popular online Jumia shopping company angry angry...... sienna delivery car hit by trailer today.... one with a broken hand... the other severe nose bleeding.... shocked
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
If nah my Papa na die be that,i cant even imagine someone going to meet a virtual friend for a party.This guy is too dumb

1 Like

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by dplomaticVal: 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
I thnk govt sh'd abolish this so-called site cald facebook to prevent this devilish mercenaries frm accomplishing there heinous act.....
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Booty4meTM: 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
nawa o first to comment
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
kehinde1588: Females will neva learn cos dey av deaf ears. Nigerians wit bad habit

Did the post said "she" . I think nigerians need to start reading twice undecided

6 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by creativemusic: 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Coldfeet(f): 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
Face ya book students! Hian! Odikwa risky o.

1 Like

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by Olalekan0(m): 5:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
His abductors must have sent pictures of big boobs to him on blackberry and promised him some fresh pussy at Warri.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi University Student Kidnapped By Facebook Friends by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
Comment Loading...96%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Kidnapped 3-Week-Old Baby Caught As Mum Raises Alarm - Pictures / Woman Fakes Pregnancy, Steals 3-month-old Baby (photo) / Man Arrested For Raping One-Year-Old In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.