Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,199 members, 7,953,739 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:10 AM

Lessons From The Meeting - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lessons From The Meeting (441 Views)

Lessons From The Explanation Of Riyaadus Saaliheen Made By Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen / 5 Great Lessons We Can Learn From Surah Al-Yusuf / 3 Lessons From The Just Concluded Ramadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The Meeting by Newnas(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2016
I visited one of my Ustadhs on Monday, the meeting was short but highly beneficial, so I decided to share some of the benefits.

# Me: I heard so and so about a particular scholar, is it true.

Ustadh: It's not true, Many students of knowledge hype their teacher(s). They actually want to hype themselves but they don't want to be open about it.So they simply hype their teacher(s) and in that way they would get reputation for being student of so and so scholar.

# Me: I wish to travel out for knowledge , which country do you advise?

Ustadh: Jordan is the best now for seeking knowledge, but there is no money there and they don't give much access for permanent residence.

Saudi is good, welfare is not a problem but the enjoyment might distract you

Egypt is easy to get access to and not bad financially, but there are many deviant sheikhs and teachings there. One has to be very careful.

Qatar, UAE etc are not for the one seeking knowledge. They are for those seeking wealth.

If Allah makes it easy for you to go to Jordan, it's most likely that you will return as a scholar and I fear that the people will bombard you with envy and jealousy.

# Ustadh: many people don't actually know what knowledge is in our region. We are isolated in our part of the world.

# Ustadh: The benefits in Sheikh Mashoor's classes are abundant especially the soheeh Muslim class. And it increases with time.

# Ustadh: In my opinion, those who benefitted the most among those who travel out for knowledge are the dakaatirah (PhD holders), and it's obvious in their researches, books and classes. Even when you don't buy their opinions regarding some issues you can't but acknowledge their scholastic approach to matters.

# Ustadh: I don't like it for any student of knowledge to restrict himself to a particular teacher and make himself subservient to him.

# Ustadh: The student of knowledge should be balance and buoyant in every field of knowledge: Tafseer, Hadith, Lughah, Fiqh, etc.

I hope and pray that Allah benefits the writer and readers with this in this world and the hereafter.
Re: Lessons From The Meeting by Plaitex(f): 6:14pm On May 05, 2016
Hmm. That part about hyping the teacher in the guise of hyping touched a string. May Allah rectify our affairs. Barakallahufeekh. Jazakumllahukhayran

1 Like

Re: Lessons From The Meeting by Newnas(m): 11:15pm On May 05, 2016
Plaitex:
Hmm. That part about hyping the teacher in the guise of hyping touched a string. May Allah rectify our affairs. Barakallahufeekh. Jazakumllahukhayran

آمين و إياك

(1) (Reply)

Opposing The Sunnah / A Letter To Al-baghdadi / The Issue Of Making Takfir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.