Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? (13467 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants / How To Identify Scam Interview Invitations / How To Detect Job Vacancy Scam In Nigeria (be Safe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by donGotze(m): 1:13pm On May 05, 2016
Dear friends,

I have received so many job invitations most of which I deliberately ignored with this feeling that the prospective employer cares nothing about their candidates for job positions considering the fact that most of this job invitations comes just one day to the day of their test/ assessment as most of them call it.
I know fully well that drug marketing firms and GNLD do invite people only to tell to register with up to #10,000 before they can start making their earning.

I recently received this job invitation, please I need help to ascertain if this one real or not.

Message Header: ADT HR-HEAD

Message Body: Your CV profile impress us, you're invited for work chat on FRI 6/5/16 by 9AM @ 16 Ondo Street, behind Keystone Bank, Mashalashi B/Stop, Apapa Rd, Costain, Lagos. ADTU

Sender: ADT HR-HEAD

Please friends, your candid advice and opinion is welcomed.

Thanks.
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by ednut1(m): 6:48am On May 07, 2016
google d address. almost fell for 2 of such adverts in d past. oremeji, toyin street, karimu laka and so on. hungry looking GNLD mofos.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by marlockj: 6:49am On May 07, 2016
Here is full details how:::::::

Am a PDP supporter....personally I Dnt care weda all pDP members are arrested.... I bliv if EFcc storm ur house if ur clean u will b let alone....

Efcc storm akpabio and he was clean..he was let alone...

So other blivin it is witch hunt is wasting their tym.....

Those that are in Efcc net are not clean....

Though am a pdp man, I Hv Neva benefited from their share of wealth,Jst Lik some of us who cum here to call it a witch hunt....... wen this Ppl were eating d money they Neva remembered you...some of u only got biscuit n drinks during election n campaign......

Their children and wife are not crying that their father is being arrested, is common us who has not benefit from the arrested Ppl,Dat are making noise up n dwn.....

I Dnt care if Efcc arrest all pdp members.... the truth is that d judgement will b made public....they will all Hv options to push to higher court,this Ppl Hv good lawyers,they Hv excess money.....Evn if they are jail for 5years they will cum out n still b richer Dan you.....

So why do we complain,as if buhari, deny dem right to lawyers..... why are we crying as if they are tortured in cell.... why are we crying as if they Dnt eat good food in d cell,,,why are we crying as if,if Dey release them they will tell all of us to go n get fuel free.....

This same Ppl will b in government by 2019 n we will complain that Dey r not fulfilling their promises....

We cry over how Nigeria is one of the most corrupt country in d wrld.. yet someone wnts to jail this Ppl we are complain....

How mny cup of rice did u get during election?..... wen wike won in supreme court,youth celebrated, jubilated.... ask those youth now how much has wike given you?

the same thing hppn in akwa ibom state......

To me if the only thing buhari can do is to jail this Ppl,I will b satisfied.....

Sometimes I wonder why our youth are foooolish, ask yourself is corruption not suppose to b sentence to death?

Rev king was sentence to death yet....Lagos governor refused to sign it.....some years ago all of us were shouting how Rev king is wicked, now he was sentence to death,he is still alive....

Yet we are not pressuring d Lagos gov, d media is quite...

13 Likes

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by redgem(f): 6:49am On May 07, 2016
I also want to know....cos I receive such invites everyday
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by livinstone8(m): 6:50am On May 07, 2016
How can one pay for a job that is real? Ignore them bro
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by Nobody: 6:50am On May 07, 2016
it is fake. real companies contact most of the time via email
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by canalily(m): 6:50am On May 07, 2016
When they give you the number you will call and the director ask you to pay certain amount into one useless account for formundecided
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by nmreports: 6:50am On May 07, 2016
Simple.
It's the simplest thing to discover.

1) Search the number that sent you the invite on Google if it's not a customized number.
2) Type the address in the search tab of any search engine and put is it scam at the end. It will bring results.
3) Create a topic on it on NL. You can never miss it with the tons of ideas you will get here.

As simple as above can help you.

6 Likes

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by lonelydora: 6:51am On May 07, 2016
Once they ask you to pay a certain amount of money into any account or anywhere, its a scam.

Job seekers do not spend for a company they will wpek for, instead the company spend for job seekers. There's a reason MNCs give you lunch and pay transport fare.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by Joshuahunpe(m): 6:52am On May 07, 2016
And also to scammed the job scammers..and let buhari know about it so dey will nt get share in budget!! grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by DaBullIT(m): 6:59am On May 07, 2016
i will tell you ,

let me sip this coffee
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by wayodude(m): 7:02am On May 07, 2016
I guess a very easy way of spotting scams is when you are invited for an interview without first of all making an application or being invited to a second stage interview without having attended a first!

Most importantly a genuine employer will never ask you to make any payments via cheque, bank transfer, cash, Western Union etc towards yours recruitment.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by ANBAKO: 7:03am On May 07, 2016
If you are in Lagos and you have the time and money, go and hear what they want to offer.
Make sure you don't pay any money and don't give anybody you document etc.
I believe it is part of learning.
My personal opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by darkenkach(m): 7:04am On May 07, 2016
marlockj:

Am a PDP supporter....personally I Dnt care weda all pDP members are arrested.... I bliv if EFcc storm ur house if ur clean u will b let alone....

Though am a pdp man, I Hv Neva benefited from their share of wealth,Jst Lik some of us who cum here to call it a witch hunt....... wen this Ppl were eating d money they Neva remembered you...some of u only got biscuit n drinks during election n campaign......

Their children and wife are not crying that their father is being arrested, is common us who has not benefit from the arrested Ppl,Dat are making noise up n dwn.....

I Dnt care if Efcc arrest all pdp members.... the truth is that d judgement will b made public....they will all Hv options to push to higher court,this Ppl Hv good lawyers,they Hv excess money.....Evn if they are jail for 5years they will cum out n still b richer Dan you.....

So why do we complain,as if buhari, deny dem right to lawyers..... why are we crying as if they are tortured in cell.... why are we crying as if they Dnt eat good food in d cell,,,why are we crying as if,if Dey release them they will tell all of us to go n get fuel free.....

This same Ppl will b in government by 2019 n we will complain that Dey r not fulfilling their promises....

We cry over how Nigeria is one of the most corrupt country in d wrld.. yet someone wnts to jail this Ppl we are complain....

How mny cup of rice did u get during election?..... wen wike won in supreme court,youth celebrated, jubilated.... ask those youth now how much has wike given you?

To me if the only thing buhari can do is to jail this Ppl,I will b satisfied.....

Sometimes I wonder why our youth are foooolish, ask yourself is corruption not suppose to b sentence to death?

Rev king was sentence to death yet....Lagos governor refused to sign it.....some years ago all of us were shouting how Rev king is wicked, now he was sentence to death,he is still alive....

Bros,get sense nah.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by rexfada(m): 7:05am On May 07, 2016
OP I think the first thing to do is to ask yourself if you applied for the job in the first place, if not, then don't think it's a miracle a company is inviting you for an interview for a job role you didn't apply for. Then, you can also Google the company name and address as suggested by the other nairalanders
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by EduRegard: 7:07am On May 07, 2016
Nice one From the OP

The ate of scamming these days is alarming

You might also want to see

How A Nigerian Graduate Got Scammed While Looking For A Job

And

4 Most Common Educational Scams Nowadays
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by Nobody: 7:11am On May 07, 2016
[b]The fact is this, if you are an ardent prospective emoloyee, your resume could be in several databases with HR department and Consultants, so you will likely get 'unsolicited' job interview. Find below some of the issues to watch of for:

1. The addresses of the Company or the Consultant will always be a suspect, when the prospective employer is in say Ajegunle, this should ring an alarm! i am not saying there are probably not good companies in Ajegunle, but watch out

2. They would at one time asked you to pay money for something, at this point you should discontinue, NO prospective employer or Consultant will ask you to do this

3. The consultant's office does not match. You will not expect Coke to hire a consultant whose office is possible undignified and in a slum environment!

4. Interview letter. Badly worded and poorl spellings are clear signs of employment fraud.

5. Do a google search of the the name on the letter. If the names on the letter and letterhead does not come up in anywhere reasonably professional, don't waste your time going!

6. The minimum professional standard is that when a person is being invited for an interview, he must be called on phone, sent an email and possibly followed up with a text, at the minimum, if the first two are missing, that is enough sign that a quack or fake agency is at work

7. Be wary of Consultants without offices, social presence (website, twitter, LinkedIn profile etc), this is the era of internet, if your recruiter failed this test, be wary!

8. Lastly, compare notes with your friends, they might know one or two fake recruiters

Good morning [/b]

1 Like

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by Skywalker5(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2016
Never believe a job offer that ask you for money.that is scam.
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by shakurkings(m): 7:39am On May 07, 2016
Funny enough I live in Ondo Street. Ebute metta (west) . There's no company on my street. Beware.
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by oblo(m): 7:43am On May 07, 2016
When you are a job seeker and you apply for so many jobs at a stretch....you loose count and also jobs that you applied for. When you get such invites you are not sure or remember if you actually did apply for that job. Its ok if you forget... wink.. major pointers to note when you get job invites like this

1) bad grammar: some if not most of these text messages are ill composed. I am not saying that genuine invites are devoid of errors but that is just an indication for you to be warry.

2) like someone earlier noted...real companies send you invites via calling or mail with company email address. E.g dotun@dangote.com. If you get an invite from a masked email address like the scam email addresses one gets asking for your BVN angry be cautious.

3). You should also be cautious and take due diligence when such invites come with very short notice..i.e a day or two days notice. Normally a genuine coy would give at least a week except in some cases which I can testify to.

4) another pointer though not in all cases is the very obscure addresses given for such locations. E.G
"16/35 Ondo Street, behind Keystone Bank, beside mallam sanni, infront of Mashalashi B/Stop, adjacent to Apapa Rd, beside Costain, Lagos. "

grin grin to get there na wahala.... you go ask questions tire infact short of you passing the corridor of a "face me I face you" to locate the place. Those of you who got such invites and actually went would identify with me grin > lipsrsealed

Finally...and most importantly... ask questions!!!

Them talk say person wen dey ask questions no dey miss road o(if you ask person wen no sabi road OYO) grin

Google and indeed forums like this are your best bets here In getting first-hand world class information wink

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by Lexusgs430: 7:44am On May 07, 2016
Always listen to your inner conscience
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by Olurinade10(m): 7:52am On May 07, 2016
It's GNLD
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by Femolacaster(m): 7:55am On May 07, 2016
I've fallen for this crap before. Crystalite Care Venture Ibadan to be precise. I even learnt police arrested them along with their affiliate in Agodi gate ibadan(GOLDEN CARE RESOURCES) recently. I learnt B.C.O.S broadcast the news. Useless people.
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by OlujobaSamuel: 7:59am On May 07, 2016
shakurkings:
Funny enough I live in Ondo Street. Ebute metta (west) . There's no company on my street. Beware.
e fit be one of those powerbike part dealers wey wan employ am.
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by blessingee: 8:22am On May 07, 2016
Its easy to detect these scammers. They have the same format.

1. lines like you are invited for a "job chat/job briefing/interview is what they are used to.
2. They will always put a number you can call at the end of the invite, no standard organization will ask you to call back for inquiries.
3. The Interview/Job Chat date is usually same or next day, abeg na scam.
4. The sender's name is always customized, meaning they simply use bulk sms, reason they out their numbers so u could call back grin
5. ALWAYS google their name and address

1 Like

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by Nobody: 8:40am On May 07, 2016
Op LISTEN CAREFULLY!
ONCE YOU ARE SENT A TEXT ASKING YOU TO REPORT FOR AN INTERVIEW THE NEXT DAY WITH A STRANGE NAMED COMPANY WITH STRANGE ADDRESSES WHICH YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT. JUST BE ASSURED THAT IT IS [b][/b]GNLD !!! THOSE GUYS ARE THE GREATEST PESTS ON THIS PLANET! THEY COME IN VARIOUS NAMES!

IN LAGOS ITS USUALLY 15 YUNISA STR IKEJA, CELE, OR SOME OBSCURE PLACES

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by thecultivateur(m): 8:42am On May 07, 2016
Although I'm no expert at the field of office work, but one thing I do know is that they will most likely offer you a venture that seems too good to be true

1 Like

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by uvalued(m): 9:14am On May 07, 2016
marlockj:

hmm i agree with you oh
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by deife(m): 9:15am On May 07, 2016
donGotze:
Dear friends,

I have received so many job invitations most of which I deliberately ignored with this feeling that the prospective employer cares nothing about their candidates for job positions considering the fact that most of this job invitations comes just one day to the day of their test/ assessment as most of them call it.
I know fully well that drug marketing firms and GNLD do invite people only to tell to register with up to #10,000 before they can start making their earning.

I recently received this job invitation, please I need help to ascertain if this one real or not.

Message Header: ADT HR-HEAD

Message Body: Your CV profile impress us, you're invited for work chat on FRI 6/5/16 by 9AM @ 16 Ondo Street, behind Keystone Bank, Mashalashi B/Stop, Apapa Rd, Costain, Lagos. ADTU

Sender: ADT HR-HEAD

Please friends, your candid advice and opinion is welcomed.

Thanks.

OP. it's fake. You can take it to the bank. I got same too.
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by babs01(m): 9:15am On May 07, 2016
Na GNLD, their msgs full my phone

Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by armadeo(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2016
When the hungry wants to devour the hungry.

The wild wild jungle. Interesting place. The hyenas and lions want to feed.
WWanting to scam someone who is looking for a job is the lowest of the low IMO.
Re: How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? by Philcool(m): 8:12am On May 08, 2016
uvalued:

hmm i agree with you oh
Please, take this elsewhere and probably create a thread to discuss this rather than misleading the main focus of this thread which relates to the knowledge of scam job invites.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drivers Wanted In Lagos(Lekki axis,surulere,ikeja,ajao estate / Schneider Electric Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.