Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice (16113 Views)

Who Can Explain This Salary / I Need An Advice Urgently About Npower Verification / Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by fweshh(m): 2:30pm On May 05, 2016
Hello nairalanders, am about to secure a job by the special grace of God as a graphic designer in a printing firm, now the problem lies on the salary choice, i was asked by my employer to choose between 15k a month for a start with an option of increment of salary and a daily incentive of #300 per day and #1000 every weekend(saturday) against my initial demand which was 30k before i agreed on 25k as my final pay..so guys the bottom line is "15k + an option of increment + 300naira per day and 1000naira per week OR 25k a month with no option of increment and no daily/ weekly stipends" I was a bit confused and i told my employer i will get back to him for an answer, i was thinking of 25k cos 15k is just small, but those little benefits attached to the 15k are making it difficult for me to make a choice.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by izutex007(m): 2:44pm On May 05, 2016
I will suggest you go wt the first option. Here are my reasons:

300 naira/day * 24 working days ---->N7200

15000+ 7200= N 22200(ur total take home) + an option of increment.

11 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Chidizman(m): 3:22pm On May 05, 2016
izutex007:
I will suggest you go wt the first option. Here are my reasons:

300 naira/day * 24 working days ---->N7200

15000+ 7200= N 22200(ur total take home) + an option of increment.

Where is the 1k per week?

20 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by emmanuelbrown26: 3:57pm On May 05, 2016
Hello nairalanders, am about to secure a job by the special grace of God as a graphic designer in a printing firm, now the problem lies on the salary choice, i was asked by my employer to choose between 15k a month for a start with an option of increament of salary and a daily incentive of #300 per day and #1000 every weekend(saturday) against my initial demand which was 30k before i agreed on 25k as my final pay..so guys the bottom line is "15k + an option of increament + 300naira per day and 1000naira per week OR 25k a month with no option of increament and no daily/ weekly stipends" I was a bit confused and i told my employer i will get back to him for an answer, i was thinking of 25k cos 15k is just small, but those little benefits attached to the 15k are making it difficult for me to make a choice.[/quote]

if i should understand u, 15k +300/24 = 22200 + 1000/4 = 26200,,, then 25k without any increament, well for now go for the former

3 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 05, 2016
fweshh:
Hello nairalanders, am about to secure a job by the special grace of God as a graphic designer in a printing firm, now the problem lies on the salary choice, i was asked by my employer to choose between 15k a month for a start with an option of increament of salary and a daily incentive of #300 per day and #1000 every weekend(saturday) against my initial demand which was 30k before i agreed on 25k as my final pay..so guys the bottom line is "15k + an option of increament + 300naira per day and 1000naira per week OR 25k a month with no option of increament and no daily/ weekly stipends" I was a bit confused and i told my employer i will get back to him for an answer, i was thinking of 25k cos 15k is just small, but those little benefits attached to the 15k are making it difficult for me to make a choice.

You are working for 5 weekdays a week, 20 weekdays a month x 300 n =6000 per month.

Four weekends (saturdays) × 1000 = 4000

Total = 25, 000.00

No difference assuming you'll work every day except Sundays. Take the 25 k per month. It's more certain than the conditional wages. And there is an advantage of being paid monthly.

30 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by gidimasters(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2016
Ok
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by emmaoyes(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2016
Just go for your 25K and dont leave certainty for uncertainty. See the truth of the matter is if those daily incentive and weekly stiped where so certain he wouldn't av offer u a choice to choose.. U av got to be wise... All the very best

17 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Nobody: 12:04am On May 06, 2016
fweshh:
Hello nairalanders, am about to secure a job by the special grace of God as a graphic designer in a printing firm, now the problem lies on the salary choice, i was asked by my employer to choose between 15k a month for a start with an option of increment of salary and a daily incentive of #300 per day and #1000 every weekend(saturday) against my initial demand which was 30k before i agreed on 25k as my final pay..so guys the bottom line is "15k + an option of increment + 300naira per day and 1000naira per week OR 25k a month with no option of increment and no daily/ weekly stipends" I was a bit confused and i told my employer i will get back to him for an answer, i was thinking of 25k cos 15k is just small, but those little benefits attached to the 15k are making it difficult for me to make a choice.

Why taking this offer. If u r good in graphics designs. I wil offer u something better than dis. If u ar interested plz indicate

12 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by izutex007(m): 12:57am On May 06, 2016
Chidizman:

Where is the 1k per week?

sorry, I omitted that. he stlll on the + side.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by fweshh(m): 10:52pm On May 06, 2016
angelusbrut:

Why taking this offer. If u r good in graphics designs. I wil offer u something better than dis. If u ar interested plz indicate
I'm interested boss

6 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Nobody: 6:15am On May 07, 2016
fweshh:
I'm interested boss

3 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Frank3n2(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2016
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by SmithHumble50: 9:51am On May 07, 2016
The only reason i will give u is to take the 25k..

Reason being... Those side incentives are not guaranteed, Nigerian employers are not to be trusted.

Will there be an appointment letter?

GoodLuck in anyone u pick

6 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by kaymp: 9:52am On May 07, 2016
shocked
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Babyphinas(f): 9:53am On May 07, 2016
U wear d shoe so h knw where it hurts if u can b able to forego the daily allowances 25k is not a bad idea.depends on ur need though
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by JesusmyGod1: 9:53am On May 07, 2016
grin

buhari

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by ogawisdom(m): 9:55am On May 07, 2016
fweshh:

This is stipend not salary, go with 25k per month and start looking for work elsewhere. There is no future in this work

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by kelvyn7: 9:56am On May 07, 2016
angelusbrut:

PLEASE I AM INTERESTED

I AM VERY GOOD IN GRAPHICS DESIGN
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Pavarottii(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2016
Naija which way? And am sure u r a graduate.
How much is ur feeding and transport? To get a good meal a day, even if u eat once is about 500naira. Plus ur transport; and d stress attached.
Except u are working from home. My dear....
This is Modern Day Slavery.

2 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Nobody: 9:57am On May 07, 2016
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Dujardin(m): 9:57am On May 07, 2016
settled, case closed!!!
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Vince77(m): 9:58am On May 07, 2016
angelusbrut:

fweshh:
I'm interested boss
angelusbrut:

call me=08053155386
Any need to advise u again?
E be like u don get anoda job sef.
Take the 25k own sha.

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Chiefpriest1(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2016
God, 15k in this harsh economy . I have always said that underemployment could be deadlier than unemployment.

How on earth would a human being survive on 15k when a paint container of tomatoes is 7k.

Now, your relatives will think 'brother' is working and they 'll start bombarding you with requests for money, not knowing he's just struggling.

Anyway, go with the 25k. All these promises of future increments might not materialise in the nearest future.

A piece of meat at hand is better than a whole elephant in the bush

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by JesusmyGod1: 10:00am On May 07, 2016
Babyphinas:
U wear d shoe so h knw where it hurts if u can b able to forego the daily allowances 25k is not a bad idea.depends on ur need though
yaga

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by stainlessnature: 10:01am On May 07, 2016
Option 1 = 15,000 + 20days(300) + 4wks(1000) = 25,000 + an option of increment

Option 2 = 25k month no increment option

I advise you go with option 1. This will allow you to have a daily inflow to meet your basic needs while you save your 15,000 at the end of the month.

As for the 25,000, you may end up with no savings when you start spending it all on your basic needs

2 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by onohme(f): 10:04am On May 07, 2016
Go 4 d 15k cos the little amount that will be given to u everyday and during d weekends can help in places u won't imagine smiley be wise. xoxo onohme

1 Like

Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by trizzy123: 10:05am On May 07, 2016
undecided
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by dridowu: 10:05am On May 07, 2016
Insha Allahu Our hustle must be bless
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by galantjoe(m): 10:05am On May 07, 2016
Please go for 25k salary. because the first option is likely to be uncertain.
Even no much difference. with 25k salary u re certain to be paid
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by DeKen: 10:06am On May 07, 2016
Both options end up with approximately the same amount at d end of d month. Money received in piecemeal does not have much value as bulk money. Bulk money allows for better planning and makes it easier to save/ invest ( assuming the amount was big enough to invest).

So I'll say take the bulk payment.
Re: I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice by Google63(m): 10:07am On May 07, 2016
emmaoyes:
Just go for your 25K and dont leave certainty for uncertainty. See the truth of the matter is if those daily incentive and weekly stiped where so certain he wouldn't av offer u a choice to choose.. U av got to be wise... All the very best
If you are good in graphics, and you have access to internet and you have a PC. send me a pm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? / Wow!!! Finally Got A Job After 5 Years / Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN) Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.