Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Please Which Nigerian Language Uses "Zobo" And "Akara" ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Which Nigerian Language Uses "Zobo" And "Akara" ? (724 Views)

How Different People Behave When They Want To Buy Akara - Pictures / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / Food Hack NG Beans Flour For Moi Moi And Akara Now In UYO #foodhackng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Which Nigerian Language Uses "Zobo" And "Akara" ? by bongolistik(m): 9:03am On May 06, 2016
I just want to know which language Zobo and Akara emanate from.

Some say it's Hausa, but I know that Akara in Hausa is kwosei but that of Zobo I know not.

Please help out if you know the language that uses Zobo and Akara
Re: Please Which Nigerian Language Uses "Zobo" And "Akara" ? by SuperSuave(m): 9:11am On May 06, 2016
Akara is Yoruba
Zobo is Hausa
grin
Re: Please Which Nigerian Language Uses "Zobo" And "Akara" ? by Kagarko(m): 9:15am On May 06, 2016
Akara is used by Nupe, Abawa, Gbagyi and host of other tribes in the north central states. Not only Yoruba.

Zobo is exclusively used by the Hausa's. All other tribes using it borrowed from them.

(1) (Reply)

The Evolution Of Tomato Age. / Seized Rice Contaminated, Not Plastic / Why Cucumbers Should Be A Part Of Your Daily Diet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.