Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Those Little Buttons On Your Jeans Are Actually There For Important Reason - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Those Little Buttons On Your Jeans Are Actually There For Important Reason (736 Views)

Will You Rock This N60k Cut-Out Jeans? / 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer / Why Are Women’s Shirt Buttons On The Left? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Those Little Buttons On Your Jeans Are Actually There For Important Reason by tosam(m): 9:28am On May 06, 2016
The front pocket of your jeans is a mysterious place – there's that weird little pocket that we only just figured out had a purpose, there's a bigger pocket that usually isn't even roomy enough to fit your phone (why even be a pocket then?!), and there are those random little silver buttons that have always been stuck to your pocket seams, but no one really knows why.

On our quest to solve the Pocket Mystery, a groundbreaking fact that puts us one step close to unraveling all the denim enigmas had been uncovered.

Those little metal buttons aren't actually buttons at all. They're called rivets and they're not meant to snap onto anything, even though they really look like they should. Apparently, rivets were put in place to prevent wear and tear on the corners of pocket seams. Since pockets go through a ton of strain when you sit/put things in them, the rivets are supposed to prevent what we'll call a "SpongeBob moment."

Thank you, rivets, for all you do!

Re: Those Little Buttons On Your Jeans Are Actually There For Important Reason by Qaisar1: 9:53am On May 06, 2016
Yeah... the "small pocket" is where I put my SD memory cards or SIM cards. I fold note/money in there too

1 Like

Re: Those Little Buttons On Your Jeans Are Actually There For Important Reason by SuperSuave(m): 9:54am On May 06, 2016
OK now I know

(1) (Reply)

Cream And Soap-making Seminar!!! Don't Miss Out / Glow In The Dark Zipper Earpiece / Michelle Obama! When People Were Focus On Her Speech,dress,was On Her Hair. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.