Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer (27604 Views)

What You Probably Didn't Know About The Small Pocket In Your Jeans / If You Want Your Jeans To Last Longer Don't Wash Them, Do This Instead. / Do You Know That Freezing Your Jeans Can Help It Not To Fade And To Smell Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by magazineguy(m): 8:09am On May 31, 2017
Jeans is one of the clothing materials that people commonly wear. Both male and female, you’d find people looking adorable in jean wears almost everywhere you go. You probably have some yourself. They help you look smart, classy and that’s why people have preference for them among other wardrobe items.

But despite the common nature of jean wears, the knowledge of caring for them is not so common. A lot of people who get charmed by the beauty of jean wears, only know little about how to care for them. This is perhaps why your jeans do not last as long as it should. Here are some tips to help you care for your jeans so they last long:

Spot Clean Your Jean

It is safe and completely acceptable to clean small stains on your denim with damp cloth and mild soap. It is a stress free way to prepare your jean for the next wear. This method is recommended as it reduces the frequency of subjecting your jean to harsh washing condition and by this, you’re caring for your denim to last longer.

Turn It Inside Out When Washing

You cannot spot clean your jean forever. After about ten wears, your jean is ready for a proper wash. Turn your jeans inside out to prevent it from losing its color. They say the way you dress is the way you are addressed. So the fade of your jean reflects your personal style. To keep your jean looking fresh and not badly faded, avoid having an aggressive spin cycle for it.
Remember to clean the pockets! Ink stains should not mess up the pocket of your jean. Also make sure sand and other dirt materials are not trapped in the pocket of your jean.

Use The Right Detergent

Have you been told, that the choice of your detergent is one way to show how you care for your clothes? Learn which washing material best suits your cloth.
For jeans, its best not to use harsh soaps, especially those jeans with indigo blue tint. Harsh soaps wash out the indigo blue tint of your jeans. Preserve the look of your jeans with the right detergent. Most detergents are concentrated, so apply little when washing your jean.

Use cold water and avoid using bleach

I’ve heard that some people soak their jeans in steaming water to take out the stains. But it isn’t the best, especially if you plan to maintain the color of your jean for long.
Cold water is preferable in washing your jeans, as it protects it from fading. You should also avoid using bleach to maintain the nice look of your jean.

Air Dry Your Jeans

It is preferable to air dry your jean after wash. Another option is using dryers, but dryers are not the best for your jeans. They cause your clothes to give out lints. It is better to use the natural means of air drying, as it helps to preserve the cloth’s fit and to avoid possible shrinkage or fabric warping.
Also, keep your clothes, not only jeans, turned inside out when spreading them out in the sun. This helps to prevents fading of the cloth and to ensure the interior parts get dried.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/5-things-always-make-jeans-last-longer

cc
lalasticala, mynd44, dominique, kandiikane

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Qudbell(m): 8:23am On May 31, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by lovelove2323: 8:25am On May 31, 2017
nice op wink wink wink wink
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Chiefly(m): 8:25am On May 31, 2017
Whayasay?? Jeans was NEVER ment to be washed. undecided

Goodmorning folks. kiss

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Nobody: 8:26am On May 31, 2017
You mean we should stop washing our jean. How are we going to deal with the odours?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by mokaflex(m): 8:26am On May 31, 2017
I'm here to observe.

15 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by panegyrics: 8:27am On May 31, 2017
Original jean did u mean?
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by ZACHIE: 8:27am On May 31, 2017
How long will you live for that you are elongating the life of a pair of jeans?
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by softMarket(m): 8:27am On May 31, 2017
Am still rocking my Dad's 1976 jean!! grin

He said he did not wash it up to 10times when he was still wearing it!....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by hucienda: 8:27am On May 31, 2017
wow, 10 years??
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Nobody: 8:28am On May 31, 2017
Eeyah...poverty at it's peak

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by rockerbolla(m): 8:28am On May 31, 2017
Nice one... Am sending to my wife
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by oshe11: 8:29am On May 31, 2017
I see this post bt leave am go comment for anoda post.... nw im dn reach here?

Chaiiiiii.......

My Lost FTC lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by oshe11: 8:29am On May 31, 2017
I see this post bt leave am go comment for anoda post.... nw im dn reach here?

Chaiiiiii.......

My Lost FTC lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by OtunbaBlack(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2017
dry with towel dry by placing it under ur bed dry by spreading it in the bathroom dry by putting it close to the stove
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by simplyhonest(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2017
OK sir....
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by loobby(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2017
Plz who wan sell infinix hot 4 pro
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Vicolan: 8:32am On May 31, 2017
Great one OP...

It works....

Funny enough some people will still ironed their jeans
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by crazyABO(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2017
Who on earth uses bleach on a jean ehn shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Nobody: 8:41am On May 31, 2017
as for me I give my jeans and clothes to 1 woman to wash and just quietly pay 300 or 200. and when I'm home I use the washing machine
and it turns out awesome
all stains gone an looks brand new
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by phiszo(m): 8:43am On May 31, 2017
6. Buy quality Jeans

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Bensam5060(m): 8:46am On May 31, 2017
nice man
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Houseofglam7(f): 8:49am On May 31, 2017
Faded and torn jeans is back in fashion....
So if it goes bad, I'll switch up the style.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Mhissgaga(f): 8:56am On May 31, 2017
Nice!
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by lollmaolol(m): 9:03am On May 31, 2017
Thought I would see something like

4. Apply caution before climbing a bike.
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Nobody: 9:04am On May 31, 2017
How much is original jean sef undecided
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by Repairnigeria(m): 9:14am On May 31, 2017
nice one
Re: 5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer by teegrams(m): 9:32am On May 31, 2017
Some jeans will not obey this rule o due to quality of materials though

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr And Miss Nigeria International Contestants In Their Swim Wears / Kate Henshaw In Black Lovely Dress / Lorriane Nadal, Miss Mauritius Wins Miss University Africa Contest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.