Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

100,000 Signature Wanted For Whitehouse To Stop Cattle Herding In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 100,000 Signature Wanted For Whitehouse To Stop Cattle Herding In Nigeria (438 Views)

Man Beats His Sister For Trying To Stop Him From Cheating On His Wife / On Behalf Of Every Man, Here Are Things We Want Our Wives To Stop Doing / Mother Burnt Her Child's Hand To Stop Her From Sucking Her Fingers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

100,000 Signature Wanted For Whitehouse To Stop Cattle Herding In Nigeria by Mayflowa(m): 3:58pm On May 06, 2016
Dear friends,

I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 99,999 signatures by June 05, 2016, the White House will review it and respond!

We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets enough support, the Obama Administration will issue an official response.
You can view and sign the petition here:

https://wh.gov/iofRR

Here's some more information about this petition:

HELP STOP NATIONWIDE CATTLE HERDING IN NIGERIA THAT HAVE KILLED OVER 5,000 NIGERIANS

In Nigeria Cattle are moved nationwide in herds by local employee, mostly Fulani tribe in search of graze land. This is known as nomadic cattle rearing. Many times, these cattle graze upon farm produce of their non-permitted host land

Numerous deadly communal clashes have resulted from the authorized use of graze land by farmers who by themselves make a living from their farmland. These clashes have sometimes wiped off a full community including children and women leaving in their wake blood, hate and more hate.

Recently, in less than a year, over 5,000 Nigerians have gone to their early grave on both side of the divide. Cattle is now a harbinger of death! The taste of beef now leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Our president and National Assembly are lukewarm about it. We are dying. Help!

@Lalasticlala @seun I need you guys help on this one. I am so tired of the bloodbath. If our leaders won't help, lets help ourselves.

(1) (Reply)

7 Lies We Believe As Moms From Dates To Diapers / Tips To Build Self-confidence In Kids / Envy Is A Peaceful Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.