Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,663 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:32 AM

Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures (14892 Views)

Fully Loaded Tanker Falls At Mile 2 Lagos, Spilling Its Content (Photos) / Tanker Goes Up In Flames While Discharging Its Content In A Petrol Station.PICS / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by sinceraconcept(m): 11:34am On May 07, 2016
fison:
This is the height of poverty, I pray no fire outbreak
it's Diesel and not petrol

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Nobody: 11:43am On May 07, 2016
kenonze:
Hahahahaha.

I hope the evening news /update won't be.... .
54 people died while trying to scoop fuel from a Tanker.
I just pray nothing like dat happens and make mai shayi no near that side
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Nobody: 11:46am On May 07, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:
I passed through the scene of the incident this morning inside a cab and all I did was to shake my head over human stupidity.

Good road network anyway!
what about the fire service that got there on time,isn't that commendable
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Nobody: 11:53am On May 07, 2016
kevinberry:
what about the fire service that got there on time,isn't that commendable
That's the norms in Benin city,
But some persons thinks things only work in Lagos and Abuja.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Nobody: 11:56am On May 07, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

That the norms in Benin city,
But some persons thinks things only work in Lagos and Abuja.
you are right
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by pek(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2016
Sijo01:
A tanker fully loaded with diesel fell and spill it's content inside the drainage in Benin City. The incident occurred around 10am today, 6th May 2016 along Mission Road by Dawson Junction caused traffic gridlock as motorist were made to use one lane of the Road.

Residents of the area, passerby, and motorist rushed to the scene with their kegs, threw caution to the wind and take turn to enter the drainage to scoop diesel.

Photos after the cut
Tanker falls and spills its content in Benin City.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 07, 2016
kevinberry:
you are right
Yeah, if you are familiar with Edo state (Benin to be precises) you would agree with me that from kings square, majority of other commercial routes that leads to it are some of the best roads you would find in Nigeria, from sapele road to airport road to akpakpava road to forestry road to sakponba road, etc, they are all in good shape with street lights, drainages, and pedestrian walkways.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by erico2k2(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2016
Sijo01:
A tanker fully loaded with diesel fell and spill it's content inside the drainage in Benin City. The incident occurred around 10am today, 6th May 2016 along Mission Road by Dawson Junction caused traffic gridlock as motorist were made to use one lane of the Road.

Residents of the area, passerby, and motorist rushed to the scene with their kegs, threw caution to the wind and take turn to enter the drainage to scoop diesel.

Photos after the cut
If E happen now dem go blame Jonathan.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by rexzqcom(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2016
Live my Benin people alone. Dem dey help the tanker driver scoop the fuel back inside the tank. Hahaha.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 07, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Yeah, if you are familiar with Edo state (Benin to be precises) you would agree with me that from kings square, majority of other commercial routes that leads to it are some of the best roads you would find in Nigeria, from sapele road to airport road to akpakpava road to forestry road to sakponba road, etc, they are all in good shape with street lights, drainages, and pedestrian walkways.
yes,I reside there(benin city)
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 07, 2016
kevinberry:
yes,I reside there(benin city)
Good to know, I stay in Benin also.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by sammyclassics(m): 12:21pm On May 07, 2016
Its really illiteracy not poverty...

Hope the sun don't smile much
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by ionsman: 12:28pm On May 07, 2016
I passed through that route yesterday, and there was a dead body lying on the road close to that mission road junction close to the fallen tanker.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by rexzqcom(m): 12:46pm On May 07, 2016
ionsman:
I passed through that route yesterday, and there was a dead body lying on the road close to that mission road junction close to the fallen tanker.

Could the body have been a victim of the fallen tanker?
Were there any visible injury on the body? Must had succumbed to too much fumes inhalation from the fuel
Later. Otherwise, the fire ambulance would have picked him up.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 07, 2016
Op abeg email me the video!
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by ionsman: 1:39pm On May 07, 2016
rexzqcom:

Could the body have been a victim of the fallen tanker?
Were there any visible injury on the body? Must had succumbed to too much fumes inhalation from the fuel
Later. Otherwise, the fire ambulance would have picked him up.

I guess not because,even though my glasses were wound up,I could notice some motorists spitting obviously from the stench. And from the way the corpse was surrounded by flies,it's pretty obvious it has been there before yesterday.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by rexzqcom(m): 2:12pm On May 07, 2016
ionsman:

I guess not because,even though my glasses were wound up,I could notice some motorists spitting obviously from the stench. And from the way the corpse was surrounded by flies,it's pretty obvious it has been there before yesterday.

Unbelievable. Why will the health dept let such.thing happen? Phones with everybody everywhere. Someone must have reported. That's a shame.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by evansjeff(m): 3:08pm On May 07, 2016
All I can notice is the good roads and drainages, the street lights, early arrival of fire service, thumps up to Oshiomhole
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Blessograo(f): 3:37pm On May 07, 2016
it's so funny how they CAUTIOUSLY took the spilled content, but that's what poverty can do
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by francotunsco: 6:56pm On May 07, 2016
Nicepoker:
from a FELL tanker indeed.
You guyz spot error like anything...
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by rexzqcom(m): 9:50pm On May 07, 2016
evansjeff:
All I can notice is the good roads and drainages, the street lights, early arrival of fire service, thumps up to Oshiomhole

And they left decomposing corpse at the side of a gutter?
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by evansjeff(m): 10:42am On May 08, 2016
rexzqcom:

And they left decomposing corpse at the side of a gutter?
pics of the decomposing body before i reply you, I don't argue baselessly.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by rexzqcom(m): 10:50am On May 08, 2016
evansjeff:
pics of the decomposing body before i reply you, I don't argue baselessly.

See IONSMAN post few posts before mine.
I'm not in Benin. My comments were due to his observations at scene later, he said.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by SenatorJames(m): 11:09am On May 08, 2016
Though Diesel is less inflammable, that is life for you, the source of Joy for some people is what one business man will be counting his loss upon.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by evansjeff(m): 6:36pm On May 08, 2016
rexzqcom:

See IONSMAN post few posts before mine.
I'm not in Benin. My comments were due to his observations at scene later, he said.
good to know you're not in Benin so stop meddling into issues you can't substantiate. Good bye.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by rexzqcom(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2016
evansjeff:
good to know you're not in Benin so stop meddling into issues you can't substantiate. Good bye.

"Meddling into issues you can't substantiate" ?
Purported eyes witness account is substantial enough to warrant meddling and inquires. If you are so such of
your contrary assertion, trash it out with IONSMAN who reported the observations in his comments.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by evansjeff(m): 11:19pm On May 08, 2016
rexzqcom:

"Meddling into issues you can't substantiate" ?
Purported eyes witness account is substantial enough to warrant meddling and inquires. If you are so such of
your contrary assertion, trash it out with IONSMAN who reported the observations in his comments.
young man stop believing what ever trash any one puts up here, I learnt that long ago and since then I learnt to verify facts before taking them serious, even the person u talked about never placed any pics of it. Nigerians can do anything to ruin the other most esp when it has to do with politics. please don't quote me again Shalom!!!
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by ionsman: 5:56am On May 09, 2016
evansjeff:
young man stop believing what ever trash any one puts up here, I learnt that long ago and since then I learnt to verify facts before taking them serious, even the person u talked about never placed any pics of it. Nigerians can do anything to ruin the other most esp when it has to do with politics. please don't quote me again Shalom!!!

Mr man, read carefully. Not everything is politics okay? I am an Edo indigene, a staunch oshiomhole supporter, so i wonder what your are rambling on about. I wonder what you expect me to do with pictures of a dead man.

I saw this thread and my mind flashed back to the dead body i saw on the road which was very close to the accident scene. I wonder what i stand to gain by lying. Some of you can be so funny.
Re: Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures by Hezzyluv: 5:55pm On Feb 20
Iamlordgee:
Choi.. If fire burst naw nko

No fire go bust for where diesel dey. Even if you light matches, trow it inside the spilled substance, it will quench. Diesel no dey volatile.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air / 8 Amazing Locations To Hike In Nigeria And Their Heights / Terror Attack: NRC Suspends Lagos-kano, Ajaokuta Train Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.