Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,855 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage (4590 Views)

Aso Rock Cabal, Saraki Begin Sabotage Of Osinbajo As PMB's Sickness Deepens - SR / Throwback Photos Of Buhari With Serving Corpers At His Daura Home Many Years Ago / Okonjo Iweala’s Village Groans After 7 Years Without Electricity Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 06, 2016
We must not 4get the whole Nigeria once depend on Northern Nigeria for most of its electricity. Before the installation of gas turbines in Nigeria, the whole country from south to north depend on Kanji dam for electricity for so many years. We didnt hear of sabotage of d dam. Even today, abt 30% of Nigeria power is still from d North. Should Mabila dam in Taraba state be completed say in 2020 with 3000MW, d contribution of nothern Nigeria to power supply will be atleast 50%.

Kanji Dam was build in 1968 and it was supplying 800MW. The oldest Gas turbine build in Nigeria was Ughelli power station build in 1966 to supply 72MW. Before the year 2000, more than 50% of power source in Nigeria were from the North. Mainly from kanji and Jebba. During this period there were various gas plants which were not fully operational.

Yes i know we niger deltan want resource control. But what dis millitants are doing is crime and not emancipation. They are evil and are against the progress of Niger delta people.

Niger Delta Avengers does not represent the interest of Niger Delta. The shallowness of Niger Delta Avengers is becoming alarming. The truth is dat the average Niger Deltan in d street dont neccessary support sabotage. And this so called millitant does not have the interest of Niger Delta people at heart.

They are just greedy bunch of selfish people who does not care about the overall interest of Niger Delta people.

South South states are loosing billions to lagos because of all this stupidity of a selected few among my people. Almost all d big oil companies have thier headquarter in lagos. Thus our states is losing cooperate tax to lagos.

Many ships dont agree to use warri and portharcourt sea port because of these saboteurs. This is because of high level kidnapping and sea pirates in d region. Most of the ships comming to Nigeria find it difficult to get insurance cover once thier destination is warri or portharcourt. This have futher slow the economy of Niger delta.

it is time our elders, traditional rulers come out bold to condemn d actions of this few saboteurs. i see no wisdom in sabotage and destruction of our ecosystem. We are being myopic, in another 40years when d oil production bcome very low, our people will suffer starvation. We are busy spilling oil on our land by ourselves. what a self destruction!!!

Pidggin:

SS people don complain to you before? If the oil was located in the North, we know what would have happened by now, NLs are not the ones blowing pipelines, go to the creeks and deliver your speech

I am from south south. And i am complaining.

I agree that if most of the oil was located in d North, South West or South East there will be no Nigeria by now. I know dat for a fact. But God in his wisdom decided to place d oil among the minority south south. If not the top three tribe Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba would have trample on us mercillessly . Yes I know dat.

But what we have today is d reality. Most of The oil and gas is in our land. For about 50 years now, our oil have been feeding Nigeria. But we must know that Oil is not limitless. it is a non renewable resources. Which means it will finish. The question is how will our children survive in Niger Delta when d oil finish? Which land will they depend on? Is it d land further polluted by dis greedy idiots called millitants? It is time we in d Niger Delta start making strategic agitation.

it is time we agitate for a trust fund for the future of Niger Delta. Niger Delta After Oil Trust Fund. This are d kind of tins we can protest peacefully for. Not blowing pipelines and further increasing our woes. Agitating for pipeline contrats, kick back will not do good to our people. Our agitation must be strategic and development oriented. Not myopic agitation just to fill d picket of criminal few today. That will not help my people in anyway.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Rtopzy(f): 8:18pm On May 06, 2016
Are u sure?

1 Like

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by alizma: 8:22pm On May 06, 2016
their parent no go call them to order now.

1 Like

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by oglalasioux(m): 8:22pm On May 06, 2016
Northerners don't trade in generators. That's why kainji has not been vandalized.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by malton: 8:22pm On May 06, 2016
You've spoken like a true son of the soil and a concerned citizen.

May God replenish your wisdom!

Some children of hate will soon come in to lambast you. be ready for the deluge of insults that will follow!

Watch carefully how they'll label you a Northerner.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Taribizy(m): 8:24pm On May 06, 2016
It should be clear; I a niger-deltan n NDA does not speak for me, I condemn their actions. I'm not for bombs n saboteurs, I am for peace n love. GEJ is my mentor

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by chikel2000(m): 8:26pm On May 06, 2016
Northrners wana start listing their contributions to Nigeria? I guess they r serious about leaving Nigeria with their mumulized fulani herdsmen, well this is good news. They should go with their Yoruba brothers too

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Pavore9: 8:27pm On May 06, 2016
The self-degradation of their environment is not even in their thoughts. The loss of fertile farmland do not bother them, they mess up the capacity of their land to produce and will be forced to buy food grown in other parts of the Country. If that system works for them, who am I to think otherwise!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Drclassic(m): 8:30pm On May 06, 2016
They should continue and let's see who will cry in the future

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by ArodeTsolaye: 8:31pm On May 06, 2016
this musleem aboki they call himself SS. lwkmd

grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by roskojo: 8:32pm On May 06, 2016
You must be high on sambisa weed

1 Like

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by malton: 8:34pm On May 06, 2016
chikel2000:
Northrners wana start listing their contributions to Nigeria? I guess they r serious about leaving Nigeria with their mumulized fulani herdsmen, well this is good news. They should go with their Yoruba brothers too

undecided

ArodeTsolaye:
grin grin grin

Are you a robot? Because it seems to me like you've been programmed to think some type of way.

Anything but reasonable!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 06, 2016
ArodeTsolaye:

grin grin grin

I am a christian. 100% south south and Niger Deltan. The fact that i dont support myopic stupidity of some of my greedy people does not mean i belong to somewhere else.

please stop all dis your you are not from south south gibberish once a niger deltan refuse to share ur myopic foolish view about d way forward for Niger Delta.

Prof Itse sagay dont agree with you? are u more south south than him?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 06, 2016
ArodeTsolaye:

grin grin grin

I am a christian. 100% south south and Niger Deltan. The fact that i dont support myopic stupidity of some of my greedy people does not mean i belong to somewhere else. because you dont have any fact to counter my view u recall to name calling.

please stop all dis your you are not from south south gibberish once a niger deltan refuse to share ur myopic foolish view about d way forward for Niger Delta.

6 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by ArodeTsolaye: 8:37pm On May 06, 2016
tuale4u:

I am a christian. 100% south south and Niger Deltan. The fact that i dont support myopic stupidity of some of my greedy people does not mean i belong to somewhere else.

Do you know that Prof Itse sagay advocated for the division of the country due to boko haram before APC came into power? Go and watch his 2014 interview with bisi olatiloo.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 06, 2016
ArodeTsolaye:

Do you know that Prof Itse sagay advocated for the division of the country due to boko haram before APC came into power? Go and watch his 2014 interview with bisi olatiloo.

Go and read most of my post. My interest remain south south . But we must not out of hatred and bitterness destroy our own land and people. If we destroy our ecosystem, by d time Nigeria divide, what are we going to rely on?

We cant be penny wise and pound foolish

7 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Aegon(m): 8:47pm On May 06, 2016
ArodeTsolaye:

Itse Sagay is currently singing a different tune.

3 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by youngeagle(m): 8:49pm On May 06, 2016
Why will they complain when they have the yam and the knife,now you have something they still want to shear and give you...bro stop sounding like a broken record,I like peace but when its not coming you take it by force.

4 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 06, 2016
tuale4u:

southsouth man continue

2 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Pidggin(f): 8:50pm On May 06, 2016
tuale4u:
We must not 4get the whole Nigeria once depend on Northern Nigeria for electricity. Before the installation of gas turbines in Nigeria, the whole country from south to north depend on Kanji dam for electricity for so many years. We didnt hear of sabotage of d dam.

Yes i know we niger deltan want resource control. But what dis millitants are doing is crime and not emancipation. They are evil and are against the progress of Niger delta people.

Niger Delta Avengers does not represent the interest of Niger Delta. The shallowness of Niger Delta Avengers is becoming alarming. The truth is dat the average Niger Deltan in d street dont neccessary support sabotage. And this so called millitant does not have the interest of Niger Delta people at heart.

They are just greedy bunch of selfish people who does not care about the overall interest of Niger Delta people.

South South states are loosing billions to lagos because of all this stupidity of a selected few among my people. Almost all d big oil companies have thier headquarter in lagos. Thus our states is losing cooperate tax to lagos.

Many ships dont agree to use warri and portharcourt sea port because of these saboteurs. This is because of high level kidnapping and sea pirates in d region. Most of the ships comming to Nigeria find it difficult to get insurance cover once thier destination is warri or portharcourt. This have futher slow the economy of Niger delta.

it is time our elders, traditional rulers come out bold to condemn d actions of this few saboteurs. i see no wisdom in sabotage and destruction of our ecosystem. We are being myopic, in another 40years when d oil production bcome very low, our people will suffer starvation. We are busy spilling oil on our land by ourselves. what a self destruction!!!

SS people don complain to you before? If the oil was located in the North, we know what would have happened by now, NLs are not the ones blowing pipelines, go to the creeks and deliver your speech

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Presbulg(m): 8:52pm On May 06, 2016
Make them know
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by madenigga(m): 8:57pm On May 06, 2016
There was no sabotage of the facility but there was sabotage of lives.
Southern lives working in it.
Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by betterABIAstate: 9:06pm On May 06, 2016
They used the Money gotten from southern oil to build those dams

5 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by EasternLeopard: 9:12pm On May 06, 2016
Op what of Enugu coal power plant

tuale4u:
We must not 4get the whole Nigeria once depend on Northern Nigeria for electricity. Before the installation of gas turbines in Nigeria, the whole country from south to north depend on Kanji dam for electricity for so many years. We didnt hear of sabotage of d dam.

4 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Stalwert: 9:22pm On May 06, 2016
Wonderful op he underscores the issues that many brain dead evil minded individuals cannot grasp, how does the greed of a few greedy fools benefit the generality of ND people?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by ArodeTsolaye: 9:31pm On May 06, 2016
tuale4u:

Go and read most of my post. My interest remain south south . But we must not out of hatred and bitterness destroy our own land and people. If we destroy our ecosystem, by d time Nigeria divide, what are we going to rely on?

We cant be penny wise and pound foolish

Your interest is SS but 99% of your posts are pro-fulani zombie narratives. You even hailed the dullard when he called SS, 5%ers.Do you review your past posts at all? Who you dey fool?

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Lessonteacher(f): 9:59pm On May 06, 2016
tuale4u:

the question is why do they vandalise pipelines?

3 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by Sweetguy25: 10:54pm On May 06, 2016
The avengers are doing a good job. Their demands are simple and highly reasonable, that the federal government call a sovereign national conference bordering on this country's unity. Is anybody afraid of that?

How the avengers are going about having their demands met is also quite resonable because the federal government judging from historical antecedents would only respond to acts of violence. It is theonly effective way to get the government to situp and listen.

Your comment about Kainji dam is funny. Proceeds from the sales of crude oil drilled from Niger Delta lands has been funding the country for over fourty years. Isn't that something that beat your Kainji Dam argument?

Aren't we tired of living like this in this country? The injustice and hypocrisy that is fuelling the corruption and stagnation that has left the country for has to end.

Whatever means it takes to achieve justice and fairness in Nigeria is highly welcome. That includes bombing pipelines and oil installations.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by ndcide(m): 11:25pm On May 06, 2016
tuale4u:

Firstly, you are not a Niger deltan so forget that "we the niger" delta bullshit. It gives you up hollow.

Secondly, that those power station were sited there, should tell you how manipulative those you are holding brief for are. The same people who insisted that we must lay gas pipeline from the point of gas deposit, hundreds of kilometers away, to power up gas powered plant whereas industries are sited with nearness to resources. You think those power station couldn't have been sited elsewhere? Both water and gradient is found in other places too.

Just like taking crude oil from ND to kaduna to refine. You think that would have happened if the oil was the other way round? Abeg go Sidon jare

Besides those structures were developed, maintained and sustained from the petrol-dollar.

Okay we never heard of sabotage of Kanji dam. But we know of Boko haram.

Who will go for Kanji dam, when you have boko haram.

Look, it will be a tragedy if we wish away this boko haram issue. It will be a great evil if a REAL postmortem on boko haram is not done and documented by PRIVATE - NON POLITICAL group.

It's absolutely weak to say the area is losing billions to Lagos. It shows your grasp of things and that underscores my point that you are not a niger deltan. Lagos did not start graining the billions instead of the ND region today. Lagos have been strategically situated. The issues with the ports is high level politics because your so called negative reasons for the loss of billions in Port revenue have not stopped the country from earning billions of dollars from oil exploration in the region.

Okay the kidnapping is stopping the ports but it's not stopping oil exploration.

I don't want to go on..... Just pass

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by csamii: 11:36pm On May 06, 2016
ArodeTsolaye:

Your interest is SS but 99% of your posts are pro-fulani zombie narratives. You even hailed the dullard when he called SS, 5%ers.Do you review your past posts at all? Who you dey fool?

See as you bust am. Very thick northerner dey claim Niger delta.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by chiefobdk(m): 11:58pm On May 06, 2016
Zombie claiming Niger deltan

9 Likes

Re: North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage by chiefobdk(m): 12:02am On May 07, 2016
tuale4u:

dude its quite easy to know you 're not from south south.

all the argument you used is same argument the Hausa fulani and thr South West side kick use to fool around online...

same line always.

no imagination

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Total War As Tinubu Declares An End To Melaye’s Political Journey (photos) / Igbo Warlord, Achuzia Reveals Origin Of 'Biafra'. / IPOB Dares Arewa Youths, Holds Massive Rally At Kanu's House Today - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.