Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin (26183 Views)

Family Of Late Oba Of Benin Are Tenants In The Kingdom-ogiamen Family / A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. / Pics:Benin Palace Chiefs Break The Native Chalk As Mourning Continues 4 Late Oba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Ewatomi26(f): 11:11am On May 07, 2016
It all boils down to culture and loyalty... Which defines us as an African.
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by queenoflafia(f): 11:20am On May 07, 2016
basingstoke:
Now listen, Binis don't make noise over things, they just do it. Do you know how many abobaku or what ever you call it has gone. It is alleged that it takes 42 abobaku before you can even announce the death of the Oba !. Does the Oba really Die, ? No, he only joins his ancestors.
U even know so much about it.please tell me more
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 11:26am On May 07, 2016
bebe2:

My brother, old age Don dey worry me oo grin

I go check

You are damn funny Mrs. Lol
When are you coming to Naija, Siluko road? *wink*
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by bebe2(f): 11:50am On May 07, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

You are damn funny Mrs. Lol
When are you coming to Naija, Siluko road? *wink*

Lol, August I hope.

Make God bring money for ticket and spending expenses smiley
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by tammie24: 11:58am On May 07, 2016
With her ugly face
Wide mouth
Hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by lazeal: 12:06pm On May 07, 2016
buskie13:
oba wey don die since last year...na now una dey wake up
You can't blame them. You know the benin custom is different from what is obtainable in other climes. My was a benin woman and I know how they roll. You don't announce the death of the oba until after a while. It's a tradition and the Oba hardly leaves his palace... in the olden days, about 10 generations ago, you don't see the oba of Benin smile, you don't see his teeth but you know what civilization does to us...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by ebudera(f): 12:22pm On May 07, 2016
:oU 4 shave am complete skin,2 show real loyalty
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by swiffy(f): 12:30pm On May 07, 2016
She must be a relation
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by romance247(m): 1:27pm On May 07, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Is this culture,madness,loyalty or______ ur opinion?
it's norms and traditions, abituation to the laws of the land
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by MarieSucre(f): 2:48pm On May 07, 2016
haywire07:
Liar. D lady been looking fr excuse for the reason y she shaved her hair . Its definitely not because of the late Oba .

Attention seeking f.ool

Is that why you have to insult her? Is it your business? Na your hair she shave? You're the attention seeking whor.e coz no one forced your hands to comment on this topic. Unnecessary hate wey no dey pay.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by haywire07(m): 4:40pm On May 07, 2016
MarieSucre:

Is that why you have to insult her? Is it your business? Na your hair she shave? You're the attention seeking whor.e coz no one forced your hands to comment on this topic. Unnecessary hate when no dey pay.[url]

Is that why you have to insult her? Is it your business? Na your hair she shave? You're the attention seeking whor.e coz no one forced your hands to comment on this topic. Unnecessary hate when no dey pay.[/url]

Is that why you have to insult her? Is it your business? Na your hair she shave? You're the attention seeking whor.e coz no one forced your hands to comment on this topic. Unnecessary hate when no dey pay.

It seems she's ur mum dats y e dey pain u. Cos I don't know ur business with my comment . BTW, call ur mum a whor.e cos that's Wat she is
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by MarieSucre(f): 8:07pm On May 07, 2016
haywire07:

It seems she's ur mum dats y e dey pain u. Cos I don't know ur business with my comment . BTW, call ur mum a whor.e cos that's Wat she is

My friend you better leave my late mum out of our unintelligible rants before thunder will strike you from the great beyond, you insolent, disrespectful piece of loquacious trash. Your words say very little about your mother. She must be ashamed of you.
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 07, 2016
bebe2:

Lol, August I hope.

Make God bring money for ticket and spending expenses smiley
Lol, on your behalf, I wish you same thing, Mrs.
We all crave to see the ever pretty you.
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Biospnx(m): 10:08pm On May 07, 2016
Whp ahe epp wt her skodo
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Maryojoma(f): 11:26pm On May 08, 2016
Rip to d dead

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Idioms (Ilu) / Oluwo Of Iwo Walks Out Of Yoruba Event In Port Harcout As Organizers Omit Photo / Little Oyinbo Girl Presents Yoruba Cultural Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.