Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

God Has No Religion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Has No Religion. (425 Views)

I Believe In God, I Believe In No Religion, What Am I ? / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me / God Has Ordained Orji Kalu To Speak For The Igbo –prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Has No Religion. by lawani: 9:30am On May 07, 2016
There is a difference between how Earthlings used to connect with God before the rise of Abrahamic spiritualities and how the people of Abrahamic spiritualities connect with God. The difference is very noticeable. Christians, Muslims and their ancestor, Jews hold other humans, other Earthlings separate from themselves and call them Gentiles, unbelievers, Kaffirs or infidels and such classification is based on their belief that they are somewhat better than these people. It is so bad that in Nigeria, confraternity initiates in Nigerian higher institutions call non frats 'Jews'. Despite that there are no indigent Jews in Nigeria, possibly the practice is a spillover from Europe and North America. While blaming Hitler and the Nazi regime for the crime of the Jewish holocaust, it must be noted that it was also a result of centuries of European Jewry holding themselves separate, having different places of worship, dismissing others as Gentiles even while not being a proper nation for not having a homeland. It piled up resentment that has played out in several places in Europe over the centuries. Jews were expelled from Britain and Spain. Shakespeare wrote a play to spite Jews and etc. All because Jews do not fraternise with others, holding themselves separate. The Nazis merely brought to a head what was brewing for centuries and it was a huge success because Jews had no state, no platform upon which to project themselves and their values. The lesson there is if you are a nation, you need a state urgently to protect your interests. Igbos, Hausas, Yorubas and etc need a nation to protect their interests. This is why I support the establishment of the state of Israel. They deserve their spot. No matter their excesses. Their spirituality is for their people and they are not obsessed with conquering the world the way Christians and Muslims are obsessed with that, making them more sensible by far. I digress.

We can not say we are practicing a religion if we are sensible and do not see other humans as infidels, Kaffirs or unbelievers. If our brains are open and working, that is not a religion. If we are not in spiritual bondage, we can not call it a religion. If we dont see a fellow human, a Jesus or Mohammed as something we can never become, then we have no religion, if our vision of God is not that of a savage beast burning people in hell for unbelief, then we are not hooked on the drug called religion. If we embrace other human beings, that is not a religion. I am an Aborisha but I have no religion. Only Abrahamic people have religions, in my opinion. Shintos, Wiccans, Buddhists, Hindus, Aborishas and etc have no religion. They embrace all humans. God has no religion.

There is always shades of everything. So Jews somewhat have religion that stops them from fraternizing with others but they are not going about trying to convert others viz a viz threatening children and weak minded folks with hell fire. So they are within tolerable limits since they are not terrorizing other humans as Christians and Muslims are doing.

(1) (Reply)

A Short Sermon / Good Or Bad? See What The Bible Is Being Translated To / Only A Fool Will Say There Is No Go d

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.