Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection (2488 Views)

How Customers Are Reacting To Apple Iphone X Dual-sim News / Samsung To Pay $533 Million To Apple After “blatantly Copying” Iphone Design / How To Remove Frp {factory Reset Protection} On All Samsung Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Electronzeez(m): 5:25pm On May 07, 2016
Factory reset protection(FRP) a Google feature introduced march 2015, available on devices running android 5.1 and above . this feature is to discourage prospective thieves from having full access to your device function after performing factory reset on it.

Most mobile snatcher aren't aware of these android protection features , they go about resetting the phone they stole and they are stock with this message
,the device was reset. to continue, sign in with google account that was previously synced on this device.

Samsung being the first mobile original equipment manufacturer (OEM) I know of to introduce this feature in its flagship has some flaws doing so . most Samsung FRP lock devices can be unlock if the phone is connected to an OTG drive with root code .this drive gives access to the phone settings where you can disable the FRP function .

To set up an FRP function

- sign in a Google account when you are starting up your phone for the first time.
- use either password or pattern lock on your device (this is important all the time as it is the only available reason why a non authorise person would want to hard reset your phone ).

NOTE : FRP function is pre enable by OEM you can disable it through developer option.
Not all mobile brand running android 5.1 has this features , I know of Samsung ,Huawei and the nexus line..if your brand do not have this feature available yet , don't worry Google has mandated that device running 5.1 above should have the FRP lock feature .

Condition that can make your device to be FRP lock .

- anytime your phone is factory reset via bootloader I.e HARD RESET .

there is sure a work around to unlock an FRP lock device , and that is to provide the previous Google account details signed on the device .this is the easiest and owners way of passing through FRP state while starting up a just reseted phone .

I won't share a back door approach to by pass FRP lock .you can watch videos to by pass different OEM FRP lock .every OEM is are working and updating a non possible way to by pass their devices except through their accredited centers .

The good news is that an FRP enabled device is as useless as an iPhone that is lock with an i-cloud account .regular computer village thieves would find braking in difficult , especially xiaomi and Huawei .

How to avoid FRP lock .
- sign out all account ,especially Google account before factory reset.
- set your phone lock to NONE
- reset your phone via settings>>back up and reset >> erase everything .

I am a big fan of android and I believe this is a better start to achieving an android secured device .

Original writer : electronzeez.

Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by ShakaZullu(m): 5:39pm On May 07, 2016
flash the gaddem stock rom and voila it's done
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Electronzeez(m): 5:44pm On May 07, 2016
ShakaZullu:

It all goes down to flashing , show me one phone that has frp and that was successful ly flashed .
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Nastydroid(m): 6:24pm On May 07, 2016
ShakaZullu:
that won't work,except the OTG method which involve installing settings.apk
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Electronzeez(m): 6:32pm On May 07, 2016
Nastydroid:
that won't work,except the OTG method which involve installing settings.apk

Don't mind him , they believ everything android ends with flashing .
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Nastydroid(m): 6:36pm On May 07, 2016
Electronzeez:

Don't mind him , they believ everything android ends with flashing .
every solution i checked online flashing wasn't involved except OTG,i know the loop will be fix very soon.

1 Like

Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Electronzeez(m): 6:40pm On May 07, 2016
Nastydroid:
every solution i checked online flashing wasn't involved except OTG,i know the loop will be fix very soon.

The OTG vulnerability is applicable to Samsung . it does not work on Huawei and any Nexus line . I know Samsung is working towards this . a better attempt to checkmate this loop hole is the Samsung account feature .
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Nastydroid(m): 6:42pm On May 07, 2016
Electronzeez:

The OTG vulnerability is applicable to Samsung . it does not work on Huawei and any Nexus line . I know Samsung is working towards this . a better attempt to checkmate this loop hole is the Samsung account feature .
how does the samsung account feature work?
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Electronzeez(m): 6:53pm On May 07, 2016
Nastydroid:
how does the samsung account feature work?

It works like every other cloud supporting service but its security is like that of i-cloud . if you do not remember your user name or password . that's it for that Samsung phone .

You can Google to know more .
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Nastydroid(m): 7:06pm On May 07, 2016
Electronzeez:

It works like every other cloud supporting service but its security is like that of i-cloud . if you do not remember your user name or password . that's it for that Samsung phone .

You can Google to know more .
but i can bypass it with OTG
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Electronzeez(m): 7:14pm On May 07, 2016
Nastydroid:
but i can bypass it with OTG

Yes , but I think only Samsung has the bypass . they stop doing it in their ASC.
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by tomiwa20(m): 9:20pm On May 07, 2016
Electronzeez:

It all goes down to flashing , show me one phone that has frp and that was successful ly flashed .
I have successfully flashed infinix hot 2 with the FRP features, nothing new, don't scare us.
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Electronzeez(m): 9:32pm On May 07, 2016
tomiwa20:
I have successfully flashed infinix hot 2 with the FRP features, nothing new, don't scare us.

I don't scare anyone . pics OR....

Please tell us the procedure cool, which infinx ?
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Electronzeez(m): 9:34pm On May 07, 2016
tomiwa20:

Make sure you don't mention OTG .
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by tomiwa20(m): 10:13pm On May 07, 2016
Electronzeez:

Make sure you don't mention OTG .
it's infinix hot 2, the android one version, I formated and flashed the stock rom tru sp flash tools,don't do system upgrade, dazz all. It's nothing new and special, still did it with gionee m5. I have even unlock network lock mtk fone with this sp flash tools.
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by Electronzeez(m): 10:21pm On May 07, 2016
tomiwa20:
it's infinix hot 2, the android one version, I formated and flashed the stock rom tru sp flash tools,don't do system upgrade, dazz all. It's nothing new and special, still did it with gionee m5. I have even unlock network lock mtk fone with this sp flash tools.

Thanks for saving us the stress .
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by bobo65(m): 5:24am On May 08, 2016
tomiwa20:

How did u unlock network locked phones with sp?
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by tomiwa20(m): 8:22am On May 08, 2016
bobo65:

How did u unlock network locked phones with sp?
I have unlock 7 WIKO phones with sp flash tools, 4 wiko slide 2 and Lenny 2 all sent from France.
Re: FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection by bobo65(m): 11:35am On May 08, 2016
tomiwa20:
I have unlock 7 WIKO phones with sp flash tools, 4 wiko slide 2 and Lenny 2 all sent from France.

Pls I asked how n not the amt of phones u have unlocked
Pls drop ur whatsapp contact

(1) (Reply)

Get The Raw Fille Of Your Downloads Form Your Mobile Web For Symbian Phones / Glo Bis Working On Android / Help!!!! Opsson U80 Wants To Kill Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.