Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Carles Puyol Picks The Most Intelligent Player He Played With And It's Not Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Carles Puyol Picks The Most Intelligent Player He Played With And It's Not Messi (608 Views)

Etebo Replies A Fan Who Said He Played Rubbish Against Croatia / Farouk Yarma Pictured With Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu And Puyol In Russia / Carles Puyol’s Wife Vanessa Lorenzo Shares Raunchy Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Carles Puyol Picks The Most Intelligent Player He Played With And It's Not Messi by paka2016: 5:51pm On May 07, 2016
Known as a ‘one-club man’ after dedicating his entire career to Barcelona despite interest from several top clubs, Carles Puyol is a figure that is still greatly missed at the Camp Nou.

With over 700 games and at least 21 titles won during his time at Barcelona, Puyol won the hearts of the Camp Nou fans and is one of the true legends of both Catalonia and Spanish football.

Puyol spoke with The Players Tribune in a recent interview and one answer he gave to a question has really shocked the Barcelona fans.
The former defender was asked to pick the smartest player he has ever played with and considering the great stars he played with at Barcelona (Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Messi and so many more) you would think he would choose one of them. But instead he opted for his rival and Spanish national team-mate Raul Gonazalez.

Here are some of the questions and answers

The smartest guy I’ve ever played with is:

Raúl González.

The best penalty kick taker of all time is:

Ronald Koeman.

The weirdest instruction a manager has ever given me was…

I cannot tell you.

The one player I would have loved to play on a team with is …

Maldini

The funniest guy I’ve ever played with is

Gerard Piqué.

If I was not a footballer, my dream job would have been…

Sports Director.
http://www.soccerinfomania.com/barcelona-legend-carles-puyol-picks-intelligent-player-played-choice-huge-surprise/

(1) (Reply)

25 Top Football Players Who Will Miss Euro 2016 / Highlights Of Muhammad Ali’s Ring Record..... Vanguard / Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.