Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen (1641 Views)

Fulani Herdmen Killing,who Remember This Predictions / Fulani Herdmen Attack Man On A Bridge In Makurdi (Photos) / Man Who Supplies Weapons To Fulani Herdsmen In Abraka, Delta State Arrested (pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen by Controversialad: 6:56am On May 08, 2016
Battle Line Drawn as Farmers Acquire Sophisticated Weapons to Combat Fulani Herdsmen
The battle line has been drawn as farmers have began purchasing of sophisticated weapons to combat and stop the incessant massacre of their people by Fulani herdsmen.
Illustrative photo

Angry farmers, youths, and some local hunters in many communities in the country said they have decided to acquire weapons against unprovoked attacks by Fulani herdsmen, Punch reports.

This is coming after the mindless massacre that has taken place in different parts of the country with the government showing a non-challant attitude to stop the rampaging Fulani herdsmen. As a result, the communities involved have now decided to arm themselves with sophisticated weapons to avoid the wiping away of their people

hey have vowed to give it back to the Fulani herdsmen the only way they will understand – violence. The angry villagers believe they are acting in self-defence.
According to them, they will no longer sit down and watch the herdsmen attack them and destroy the sources of their livelihood.

They said they decided to resort to self-help because they had lost confidence in the security
agencies’ ability to protect them against attacks.
The recent massacre of Enugu farmers by the Fulani herdsmen have made many communities in the country to wake up.

Fulani herders have recently killed hundreds in Benue, Plateau, Adamawa and Enugu states, among others, with many of the suspected killers not arrested for prosecution, despite the repeated promises by the government, especially the police, to stop the nefarious activities of the killer herders and bring them to justice.

Punch gathered that farmers in Osun State are no longer playing as many have acquired sophisticated weapons waiting for the Fulani herdsmen.
A farmer in Osun State, who spoke on condition of anonymity, revealed that they were prepared to “do battle with the herdsmen in case they extend their rampage to our state.”
A member of a vigilance group in the state, who simply gave his appellation as “D Keller,” also said that “nobody has the monopoly of violence.”

The Coordinator, Oodua People’s Congress in Osun State, Mr. Oyeyinka Awoyemi, said the problem posed by herdsmen had got to a level where it should be urgently addressed by the government.
Awoyemi said members of the OPC would no longer watch Fulani herdsmen destroy property and kill Yoruba people in their domains.
He said, “We cannot continue to keep quiet in the face of these mindless attacks. We will never allow them to drive us out of our land. We have given them general warnings and anywhere Fulani herdsmen kill a Yoruba man, deity will fight there. I will not say more than that.

Can any Yoruba kill Fulani in their domain? We will not allow that to happen again. The Yoruba will fight for themselves.”
It is the same story in Oyo State. Farmers in Otu, Igbojaye, Komu, Alapamefa, Okaka, Saki, Iseyin and others in Oke-Ogun area of the state face constant threat by the Fulani herdsmen. Some of the farmers said the herdsmen grazed on their farms, raped women and girls, as well as stole their harvest.

The story is the same in Lagun, Iyana-Offa, Atagba, Lapata and surrounding villages in Lagelu Local Government Area where about 40 herdsmen were said to have invaded three weeks ago, injured a guard and stole foodstuffs and N500, 000 cash.

Read also All Nigerians Should be Given Right to Own a Gun:Opinion Poll

The angry farmers have decided to arm themselves since security operatives seem to be in support of the herdsmen as they allow them to attack communities without freely.
One of the hunters in Komu, who did not give his name, said blacksmiths had been be contacted to assist in producing more guns to confront the herdsmen if they invaded their farmlands again.
He said, “We are ready to fight if we are pushed to doing so because we are not cowards. The Oluode (head of the hunters) will not hesitate to give members the go-ahead to attack any herdsman that grazes on farms and threaten to attack farmers.

“We will no longer tolerate their violent activities if the police or the government is not doing enough to stop it.”
Asked who would fund the production of the guns, the hunter said, “I will not reveal where the funding will come from, but we are all involved in this and no contribution is too small.”

Farmers in Ondo State said they were ready to defend themselves should the Federal Government fail to contain the incessant criminal activities of the Fulani herdsmen against them.
A member of the vigilance group in Akure North Local Government Area, who identified himself as Saheed, said members of the group were ready to pay the herdsmen in their own coin, should they invade the state like they did before.
He said, “I will not reveal how we are going to deal with them, but we are vigilant and we won’t expose our tactics.”

youths in Ekiti State have also formed an alliance against likely attack by herders. The Ekiti State Chairman, National Youth Council of Nigeria, Mr. Adedamola Gbenga, said the council met with other youth associations during the week and resolved to form a force to repel any attack by the herdsmen in the state.
Gbenga said, “We are also meeting with our chapters across the 16 local government areas on the need to stop this evil against humanity and for them to be their brothers’ keeper.”A source in the state, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the fear of being arrested, said, “The Fulani herders should know that no... http://www.controversialada.com/2016/05/breakingfarmers-purchases-guns-to.html

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen by Nobody: 6:59am On May 08, 2016
Dears famers do worst to them.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen by Flexherbal(m): 7:09am On May 08, 2016
Maybe I have not been following the news, lately.
Someone should please tell me the effort the government has made to stop the activities of these herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen by delishpot: 7:15am On May 08, 2016
Bubu, your dreams are finally coming true. Smile for the camera sir

Flexherbal:
Someone should please tell me the effort the government has made to stop the activities of these herdsmen.

Actually, NONE.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen by Oche211(m): 7:52am On May 08, 2016
Bt they shld nt use local dane guns oo. Go for better ones

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen by bholahyan: 8:39am On May 08, 2016
I remembered when a colleague of mine played a live recording of a massacre in jos plateau state.he did the recording on his it1704 .I wondered if these people are humans cus even animals. Don't kill each other like that.it was horrible but eye opening. God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen by bholahyan: 8:51am On May 08, 2016
What's the world turning into.killings here and there.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:56am On May 08, 2016
You de talk about national security threat that mumu above de advertising for IT 1740 @op post better source
Re: BREAKING: See What Farmers Did To Fulani Herdmen by Controversialad: 2:32pm On May 08, 2016
Flexherbal:

Nothing Yet my brother

(1) (Reply)

OMG! 2 Ladies Burnt To Death In Makurdi Over Lesbianism (viewers Disretion) / A Man Was Caught Wearing Nigerian Army Camo And This Happen / 3 Men Gang R@pe A Lady They Drugged; They Met Her On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.