Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,694 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Kashamu: I’ll Mobilise South- West Delegates For Sheriff - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kashamu: I’ll Mobilise South- West Delegates For Sheriff (366 Views)

Operation Crocodile Smile To Start In South South And South West / Political Decadence And The Task Facing Apc Delegates / Kashamu VS Fayose,ogd,bode George,iyiola Omisore And Amateurish Ladi Adebutu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kashamu: I’ll Mobilise South- West Delegates For Sheriff by Onayigaazeez(m): 8:24am On May 08, 2016
Kashamu: I’ll mobilise South- West delegates for Sheriff

Senator representing Ogun-East, Buruji Kashamu, yesterday, said he will mobilise delegates from the South-West to vote for the National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, at the planned national convention of the party. Kashamu said though he had been called names over his support for Sheriff, he would not be deterred from whatever he believes is in the best interest of the PDP.

He spoke in Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State even as the controversy continued over the zoning of party positions ahead of the May 21 National Convention of the PDP.

The senator had last Wednesday at the expanded executive committee meeting of South-West PDP in Ijebu-Igbo, also said he had no apology for supporting Sheriff’s ambition.

But justifying his decision yesterday, Kashamu pointed out that it was in accordance with resolutions of the South-West PDP stakeholders’ meeting held in Ibadan in March and the 70th meeting of the National Executive Committee (NEC) held in April.

He said, “The NEC has also zoned the offices of the National Secretary, National Auditor and National Publicity Secretary to the South-West.

“We would mobilise delegates from the South West to support the incumbent National Chairman to continue in office if he indicates his interest in contesting for the position of the national chairman at the convention in Port Harcourt. “Although we have been called names over our proposals and actions, we remain committed to whatever we believe is in the best interest of our party, the good people of the South- West and Nigeria.”

Kashamu urged all interested aspirants and stakeholders to return to their various domains for consultations.
Re: Kashamu: I’ll Mobilise South- West Delegates For Sheriff by ramdris(m): 9:18am On May 08, 2016
Yeah right! Just d same way u mobilised pple for GEJ during d last election...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: 251 Task Force Intercepts Escaping Boko Haram Terrorists Families / Communal Clash Claims 8 Lives In Ebonyi, Cross River States / Lagos State Government; It's Not All About Taxing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.