Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9234675 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 10:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
humblesteve:
Help!!!!! Ooh, my poweramp music player automatically stop playing when am not operating the phone.
When u get solution. Lemme know pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
steevy:
My previous failed order had my bank debit me. Today is making it one week. Do i have to go to the bank or will the money reverse itself?
My sis account that I used and got a failed order is yet to be refunded for 15days now.

It reflects in Ledger/book balance, but not in Available balance. sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wheezyoung(m): 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
GrandMufti:

eBay? e be like say you want make dem send you soap instead of laptop? grin
boss..no vex..abeg email me again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
Profcamsey:

That's what I meant
Ok, cool, by then you might even increase your budget, because your options will be much. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 11:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
fibonacci2526:

You can get Redmi 4A for that price.

It's $100 per month.
No you can't.
It's over $100 now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wheezyoung(m): 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
Worksunlimited:
Successfully updated my device.... From 8.0.3.0 to 8.1.4.0, all marshmallow..

Modified: so far so good... The update is holding it's own.. The latest features I have come to notice are ;

1. It's far smoother than the 8.0.3.0
2. My device doesn't heat up as such whilst charging.. It's rather very cool.. So cool you wouldn't even know you are actually charging your device.. Even in areas that should heat up, its surprisingly cool..
3. New sounds when u put off your screen and on it..
4. Ram optimization
5. Apps open faster
6. Phone operates faster and smoother..
7. Camera appears to have improved
8. Drop down menu has been upgraded
9. Setting icons now in colour
10. Can go straight to camera mode in locked screen by pressing your volume down key twice
11. Battery life appears to be much better.. About an hour and battery life was at 92%
12. Not impressed with the charging time however.
13. Battery icon with ur phone off and charging has been changed.. Though prefer the old one to the new one

Like I said so far so good.. The 8.1.4.0 marshmallow update on my redmi note 4 pro is really holding it's own..

Do note... Based on other reviews I have read.. User experience varies...
oga boss...well done sir...no vex,i won cop note 4 too... How much in naira was everything?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 12:19am On Jan 20, 2017
wheezyoung:
oga boss...well done sir...no vex,i won cop note 4 too... How much in naira was everything?

It depends... Bought mine via a dealer buh it's cheaper when u buy it online via aliexpress by yourself...

The note 4 should be around 70k or so (via free shipping)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 6:16am On Jan 20, 2017
How many people ordered mi max or have received their devices here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by enoch273: 7:10am On Jan 20, 2017
Xiaomi launches Redmi note 4 with 4gb ram and 64gb rom, this variant happens to be a snap dragon chipset and it is reported to be sold in india, click the link below for images,full specification and price

http://www.enochtekng.com/2017/01/xiaomi-launches-redmi-note-4-with-4gb.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 7:52am On Jan 20, 2017
when will the Chinese holiday finish?
should I place an order now or wait till it ends?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:56am On Jan 20, 2017
Elxandre:

No you can't.
It's over $100 now.

LOL, meant he can get it for 40-50k as it is within his budget.

The $100 per month reference was the GTB max limit.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2017
Worksunlimited:

It depends... Bought mine via a dealer buh it's cheaper when u buy it online via aliexpress by yourself...

The note 4 should be around 70k or so (via free shipping)
have you now gotten your stuff from the post office?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Profcamsey(m): 8:25am On Jan 20, 2017
fibonacci2526:

LOL, meant he can get it for 40-50k as it is within his budget.

The $100 per month reference was the GTB max limit.
Can I fund my wallet now and fund again Feb 1?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:34am On Jan 20, 2017
Profcamsey:

Can I fund my wallet now and fund again Feb 1?

YES.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 8:34am On Jan 20, 2017
Gmajor:
when will the Chinese holiday finish?
February 2nd or so.
should I place an order now or wait till it ends?
If you don't mind waiting an extra month to receive your goods you can buy now, or else wait till February 4th.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by write2obi(m): 9:38am On Jan 20, 2017
toluwanimi07:
How many people ordered mi max or have received their devices here?
I did, yet to receive my order.
BTW mine was ship a day after yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 9:41am On Jan 20, 2017
write2obi:

I did, yet to receive my order.
BTW mine was ship a day after yours.

Okay bro sheybi e don dey dispatched sha?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by write2obi(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2017
toluwanimi07:

Okay bro sheybi e don dey dispatched sha?
I think so, thou it's been like this for 3 or 4 days now

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2017
write2obi:

I think so, thou it's been like this for 3 or 4 days now

It has not been despatched yet. its still with the airline. Mine is also the same status too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amadika(m): 10:44am On Jan 20, 2017
fibonacci2526:

It has not been despatched yet. its still with the airline. Mine is also the same status too.

My own Mi Max order also showing the same tracking status as yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 10:45am On Jan 20, 2017
Elxandre:

My sis account that I used and got a failed order is yet to be refunded for 15days now.

It reflects in Ledger/book balance, but not in Available balance. sad
Lol.. no fear which bank is it? Just go to the bank and complain or send messages to them on Twitter
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 10:59am On Jan 20, 2017
Hello House grin for those with the RN3P SE, mine keeps dropping to 2G network from 3G, even though LTE/3G is set to be ''Preferred'' undecided it will go back to 2G/EDGE and refuse H+ no matter what I do only when I reboot the phone then it will go back to H+ for few minutes, then back to 2G. embarassed
Also I have a very good network reception in my area, and I have tried several SIM cards from MTN,GLO,ETISALAT & AIRTEL angry. I have also try *#*#4636#*#* and lock it to WCDMA/LTE only but still it keeps dropping back to 2G, I updated the ROM via OTA to MIUI V8.0.....I am about to start downloading MIUI v8.1.1.0. I also try using apps like 'Network Signal Guru' to lock it to 3G but still, the problem persist. am I the only one with such problem? is there a fix?
Cc:Gptech
Cc:Grandmufti
Cc: all the important Gurus that can help.
Thank you in advance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunlaww(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2017
Who has been able to use gtb MasterCard for online transaction today? It Seems GTB has joined bad gang o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 11:26am On Jan 20, 2017
nuramohammed26:
Hello House grin for those with the RN3P SE, mine keeps dropping to 2G network from 3G, even though LTE/3G is set to be ''Preferred'' undecided it will go back to 2G/EDGE and refuse H+ no matter what I do only when I reboot the phone then it will go back to H+ for few minutes, then back to 2G. embarassed
Also I have a very good network reception in my area, and I have tried several SIM cards from MTN,GLO,ETISALAT & AIRTEL angry. I have also try *#*#4636#*#* and lock it to WCDMA/LTE only but still it keeps dropping back to 2G, I updated the ROM via OTA to MIUI V8.0.....I am about to start downloading MIUI v8.1.1.0. I also try using apps like 'Network Signal Guru' to lock it to 3G but still, the problem persist. am I the only one with such problem? is there a fix?
Cc:Gptech
Cc:Grandmufti
Cc: all the important Gurus that can help.
Thank you in advance

Just Update and forget those issues.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:43am On Jan 20, 2017
nuramohammed26:

maybe it's your location. did your previous phone detect 3G signal with all those sims?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2017
Elxandre:

have you now gotten your stuff from the post office?

Yea.. Even shared the pictures of my item put for ere ma sef..

Just waiting for the Chinese holiday to come and go.. Two weeks is a long time to wait.. embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
Yes, it does...I have been using several phones including Android,Windows Phone,and an iPad....all have excellent network except my beloved RN3P SE
Dam5reey:

GrandMufti:
will updating to 8.1.1.0 fix it??

maybe it's your location. did you previous phone detect 3G signal with all those sims?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
will it solve this issue
Dam5reey:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
nuramohammed26:
will it solve this issue
It solved for someone facing network issue with airtel

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
nuramohammed26:
Yes, it does...I have been using several phones including Android,Windows Phone,and an iPad....all have excellent network except my beloved RN3P SE

What's your current rom version?

I'm on 8.0.5.0 and I set mine to LTE preferred and my mtn signal is always on 4g 24/7 except when I'm making calls that it switches to H+ , compared to my previous phone that was hard getting 4g signal.

My experience is totally different from yours. What network are you using
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
bily:

What's your current rom version?

I'm on 8.0.5.0 and I set mine to LTE preferred and my mtn signal is always on 4g 24/7 except when I'm making calls that it switches to H+ , compared to my previous phone that was hard getting 4g signal.

My experience is totally different from yours. What network are you using
MIUI Global stable 8.0.5.0(MHRMIDG)
Is there no option for 3G/4G only?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
nuramohammed26:
will it solve this issue
Drop your email or phone number lemme send another option you can try. It will solve the problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.