Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,742 members, 7,827,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9280811 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
monshow25:
I just bought my xiaomi redmi note 5 prime today nd I set my glo to 3G only but it automatically change to E by itself
Your what? Note 5? Show us the way...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 6:38pm On Mar 29, 2018
monshow25:
I just bought my xiaomi redmi note 5 prime today nd I set my glo to 3G only but it automatically change to E by itself
Anyway, dial *#*#4636#*#* select the sim, then set it to WCDMA only
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dalek(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2018
moris01:
Pls who else Is in the same canoe with me?

dispatch since 5th of March
that's unfair
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Richhard(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2018
jboixxx:
Folks, don't forget to check my xiaomi troubleshooting compilation. Link is available on my signature.
Newbies take note.

You did a great job
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ajog1: 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2018
ubev01:
Seriously, all these "don't update yet", "wait for reviews first", "miui update may ruin your battery life" etc started with u guys to the point that people must first table their update here and start asking whether to upgrade or not. I don't understand why a single person will now be made a Scapegoat. This issue is heading towards HATRED (as I'm seeing it) and we should be better than that. Thanks
One thing I have noticed with this thread is an incomprehensible matter with which issues of others are catered for but with an iota of sarcasm- even customer care reps of most other brand wey they package with correct pay no dey this passionate. so all this your talk of hatred is unfounded- someone has to be a little pinchy once in a while.

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Segunhife(m): 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2018
vower:
waiting for reviews on camera,ba3,weight,build and all.
am new here so just accept how I will be starting the review.
Camera is ok. It's also a brightness adjustment when taking pictures in a dark area.

The weight of the phone is wonderful. It almost seems as if you are not holding anything, so you have to be careful with it.

The design is also wonderful. It so sleek in the hand.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2018
fantilopezzy:
boss no note 5���

Need it??

Contact us,cheers smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
Richhard:

You did a great job
Thanks, boss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2018
Segunhife:
Camera is ok. It's also a brightness adjustment when taking pictures in a dark area.

The weight of the phone is wonderful. It almost seems as if you are not holding anything, so you have to be careful with it.

correct flash,nice pic,but is ur own the snapdragon 450 or 625 and I heard the plus version is heavier than the normal 1
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2018
Dalek:

Global version 3/32gb
I thought redmi 4x is 8.5mm thick and i think it's the snapdragon 450 version of redmi 5 that's 7.7mm thick
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Wagasigiungu(m): 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
Well i am pleased to inform you guys that i just got delivery of my mi max 2 beast courtesy of @Holuwaxheun.

The guy is surely legit, good inter-personal relationship, commendable communication skills, polite and ever willing to help out in answering questions if need be . I was confident enough to recommend and also use his service as an ESCROW in another deal i am currently transacting here on NL, and he was magnanimous enough to agree to help out.

Keep it up bro. More grease to your elbows.

Meanwhile i need redmi note 4x screen protector and case pls. Mention me if you hv any up for sale. Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by monshow25(m): 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
gsparks01:
Your what? Note 5? Show us the way...
bros na note 5 prime ni
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2018
monshow25:
bros na note 5 prime ni
Actually note 5a prime grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2018
ajog1:
One thing I have noticed with this thread is an incomprehensible matter with which issues of others are catered for but with an iota of sarcasm- even customer care reps of most other brand wey they package with correct pay no dey this passionate. so all this your talk of hatred is unfounded- someone has to be a little pinchy once in a while.
a stranger's corpse may look like a log of wood, but if it's the corpse of a relative, story changes.
Cheers Bro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:44pm On Mar 29, 2018
Gptech:

See wetin Xiaomi don cause, even Jumia dey advertise am as Redmi 5a prime. grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2018
Gptech:

Naaa, there is no scape goat and no hatred at least from me, this issue of updating or not has been here from day one, but we never had a case where someone was like an authority over any form of update. We have actually discouraged people from updating to some particular roms here, miui 8.2.10.0 comes to mind, but not from updating at all. We don't need to even make this an issue, what must be said must be said.
i get your point bro. We are humans, 10 people who received the message can never relay it the same way and the cycle continues, that's what happened here
Cheers Bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
vower:
waiting for reviews on camera,ba3,weight,build and all.

First impressions have really been good tbf, it's surpassing my expectations and sd450 is pretty snappy in its own way. Phone is sleek.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 7:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
jboixxx:

In addition, at some point, such advice was given but
with a caveat: "if your current ROM isn't buggy, you might as well, ignore." This is either cuz there's no much difference between the queried ROM and the previous OR cuz the queried ROM is buggy. Besides, as the queen earlier said, who will control me over my phone!
peace bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by monshow25(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2018
gsparks01:
Anyway, dial *#*#4636#*#* select the sim, then set it to WCDMA only
thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Name and shame.
this not a blame game ma'am. Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Segunhife(m): 8:01pm On Mar 29, 2018
vower:
correct flash,nice pic,but is ur own the snapdragon 450 or 625 and I heard the plus version is heavier than the normal 1
it is actually Snapdragon 435
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
ubev01:
this not a blame game ma'am. Cheers

Ok but the way you went about you guys started it thingy shows you were really blaming some people. It's all good though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
fibonacci2526:

First impressions have really been good tbf, it's surpassing my expectations and sd450 is pretty snappy in its own way. Phone is sleek.
oh God, I'm still angry mine won't be as sleek like the snapdragon 450,i almost opted for the snapdragon 450 just for that reason
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Madam 48hrs is too long now pls do d needful we wan see d fone remember say we dey track am togeda. Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2018
vower:
actually the promo is for 3days and I placed it today this afternoon,ive ordered phones from aliexpress b4 but non of them has stayed this long b4 the buyer confirms my order,i guess my question is does anyone have idea of when it will be confirmed as it was placed during promo sale. Thanks 4 the quick response

Your payment has been confirmed but not shipped.

It is either the seller is playing game on buyer probably because the phone is not readily available for immediate shipping or that phone is still or pre-sale.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2018
vower:
oh God, I'm still angry mine won't be as sleek like the snapdragon 450,i almost opted for the snapdragon 450 just for that reason

Haba sd450 is an under clocked sd625 na, performance will be better in yours.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2018
Gptech:

Xiaomi is confused....
Redmi note 4x
Redmi 4A
Redmi 5a prime
Redmi 5
Redmi 5 plus
Redmi note 5
Redmi note 5 pro
Redmi 4x
You can add yours grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pyrex23(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2018
Demour:
they told me that it has been activated and receive a mail as well and my access point is set, just that the 10gb sim is not browsing that means no gb on it

Just got my 5a prime from jumia today..
Here is the remaining data balance.. incase I forgot to mention earlier.. I was given 20gb not 10...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2018
pyrex23:

Just got my 5a prime from jumia today..
Here is the remaining data balance.. incase I forgot to mention earlier.. I was given 20gb not 10...
Flexing don begin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
iliyande:

Xiaomi is confused....
Redmi note 4x
Redmi 4A
Redmi 5a prime
Redmi 5
Redmi 5 plus
Redmi note 5
Redmi note 5 pro
Redmi 4x
You can add yours grin
The list is endless bro, one who is new to Xiaomi needs to do a proper research before making the right decision, even Gsmarena and other notable sites still get confused sometimes grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
Gptech:

The list is endless bro, one who is new to Xiaomi needs to do a proper research before making the right decision, even Gsmarena and other notable sites still get confused sometimes grin.
Am telling you grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
Segunhife:

Is bingo for sale? I still dey find Easter meat..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.