Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9368164 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) ... (9325) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2018
noobody:

All thanks to noise makers, and the oversabis forming ITK

Jack of all trades,experts in none

Iranu undecided
I don turn a new leaf o... No more time to waste time.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dalek(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
noobody:

All thanks to noise makers, and the oversabis forming ITK

Jack of all trades,experts in none

Iranu undecided

abasha... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
scotweezy:

Well! That was clearly an oversight and I apologize for that, but that explanation is still correct maybe not to the reply but it is. I know you're good with words and bants but you don't have to be rude in your replies cos I can't exactly remember being rude in any of my replies to you on this page.
It is all good, have a productive day ahead.

Apology accepted. Respect is reciprocal. Cheers!

scotweezy:

Can you explain what you exactly mean by that bold part? undecided
What you are failing to realise is that you are making assertions far from the fact and when others try to correct you, you end up making it a case of being attacked on the thread.
There are many newbies coming in everyday, now, imagine a case where the first post a newbie reads is one of your misguided statements undecided, the most unfortunate thing on this issue is that you are a reviewer and a lot of people will start taking your words as the correct thing whereas it is the opposite in truth.

I have once advocated for people to be able to air their opinions whether is contrary to popular ones but we should apply wisdom to this. A lot of people are way more knowledgeable than you here especially on Xiaomi matters and that is one thing you are finding hard to accept.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dalek(m): 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
noobody:
The new season,updates grin

Na waaaaaaa ooooooooo

Wetin man nor go see for dis thread grin

Screenshots, we never hear about screenshots, xiaomi phone no dey shoot the screenshot well.
For xiaomi the screenshot sound na *skraaaa* unlike other phone wey dey sound *kpiksi*

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
Dalek:

Screenshots, we never hear about screenshots, xiaomi phone no dey shoot the screenshot well.
For xiaomi the screenshot sound na *skraaaa* unlike other phone wey dey sound *kpiksi*

Permit me to lol on this.

Hahahaha grin grin grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

You mean you still didn't get this phone that you have been waiting for its price to go down during this sales? shocked shocked
de patient dog eat de fattest bone....ama chill a bit..i know xiaomi price reduction strategy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kashman04(m): 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shabib(m): 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
henry007:

And what is the point of primary information if you cannot use it to make informed decisions + I haven't even made any decision yet so what is this "operating" that you speak of?

You're revolving all your thinkings around the belief that the version your phone came with is the best, so no one else should upgrade. That's the decision you've made and it's what you're forcing down people's throat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
Shabib:

You're revolving all your thinkings around the belief that the version your phone came with is the best, so no one else should upgrade. That's the decision you've made and it's what you're forcing down people's throat.

When did i ever say or imply that the version your phone came with is the best ?

See if i was jumping into conclusion like you now, the cabal would come breathing down my neck.

All i have done is let people know that the risks they wish to know about before updating are not as high as they might think but are very much present.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shabib(m): 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
henry007:

When did i ever say or imply that the version your phone came with is the best ?

See if i was jumping into conclusion like you now, the cabal would come breathing down my neck.

All i have done is let people know the risks they wish to know about before updating are not as high as they might think but are very much present.

You've done that on many occasions, bro. Many

If anyone's jumping to conclusions, that'll be you. The thing I don't really understand is why people will come down here to listen to someone who never upgraded before when they can just check the reviews from the MIUI forum.

Answering every questions is not yours to do. You're also a newbie with Xiaomi.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
Shabib:

If anyone's jumping to conclusions, that'll be you. The thing I don't really understand is why people will come down here to listen to someone who never upgraded before when they can just check the reviews from the MIUI forum.

So you're just another person with complex issues right?

Oya come and take tfare to join the queue. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
Anybody has a hint when the next AliExpress sales will be? I really enjoyed the one that just ended. grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
Shabib:

Couldn't agree more with this statement. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2018
Gptech:

I still dey surprised ooo, wonders they say grin.

I sure say we plenty. lolll.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by monshow25(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
meritinunilag:
download quickshortcut maker install and open, click incremental search and change to normal search. type test on d search box and click search. den u see settings click it den u see testing click it den click create. u see a new settings icon on ur home screen or whatever, click it n u will see dsame thing as wen u type in *#*#4636#*#*
thank me later
thanks
I did what u stated above but I didn't see any shortcut icon on my home screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
NoDulling4here:
Anybody has a hint when the next AliExpress sales will be? I really enjoyed the one that just ended. grin grin grin

For Xiaomi phones, wait till July Xiaomi online store go do sale. After that Na 11.11 things.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
fibonacci2526

it is 48hrs Already

when will you drop the review and pictures
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

For Xiaomi phones, wait till July Xiaomi online store go do sale. After that Na 11.11 things.

Thanks alot, I think I need to start keeping a sales calendar for most of these stores. smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
People would leave the community they're supposed to be building and be forming inane factions.

So if my answer to a question is wrong, why would you leave the person asking the question hanging and be focusing your energy on someone who doesn't need it?

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
Ennyhorlar:
fibonacci2526

it is 48hrs Already

when will you drop the review and pictures

Lollll.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Lollll.
Oya naaaa.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shabib(m): 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2018
henry007:

So you're just another person with complex issues right?

Oya come and take tfare to join the queue. grin

Maybe, you are. Bye bye
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2018
So I have used the Redmi 5 as my daily driver for the past 48hrs and all have got good vibes with it. You wouldn't know it's a 720p resolution as colours reproduction and viewing angles aren't that bad tbh. The phone is much more compact ,narrower than my oneplus 5 and I could use it conveniently with one hand which was a surprise given how small my hands are. lolll.

Battery life is surprisingly good for a 3300mah capacity and I got a 7hr SOT on a my first full battery cycle even when I left Lagos and move to another state with terrible network,it still did fairly well. I used it for social medias, browsing, office mails, streamed videos. The idle time is also good as I lost only 2% battery overnight.

Camera quality isn't bad too, really took some nice pictures but for the sake of privacy wouldn't be able to upload any on here.The details are sharp and all when you zoom in.

Sd450 is really good, coming from a device with sd835 I was pleasantly surprised at how much it fared. Though occasionally it lags when using Twitter but it really did well with its snappiness being a "entrylevel-budget" chipset.

CONS;

I found out that the device doesn't play well with Nova launcher as the navigation bar was still white after using it as my default launcher so I was forced to remain with the system launcher.

No quick reply for the Redmi 5 yet but hopefully we get the 9.5x update soon.

If you are on a budget and you like compact devices, would advise you to go for this device. I really like what xiaomi did with this one and for it's price,it's a winner in my book.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
Nova launcher bug? The red case was made by cafele. grin grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omotolsy(m): 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
Nice one dearie, i hope i can give an update like this. Ouite detailed and precise.
fibonacci2526:
So I have used the Redmi 5 as my daily driver for the past 48hrs and all have got good vibes with it. You wouldn't know it's a 720p resolution as colours reproduction and viewing angles aren't that bad tbh. The phone is much more compact ,narrower than my oneplus 5 and I could use it conveniently with one hand which was a surprise given how small my hands are. lolll.

Battery life is surprisingly good for a 3300mah capacity and I got a 7hr SOT on a my first full battery cycle even when I left Lagos and move to another state with terrible network,it still did fairly well. I used it for social medias, browsing, office mails, streamed videos. The idle time is also good as I lost only 2% battery overnight.

Camera quality isn't bad too, really took some nice pictures but for the sake of privacy wouldn't be able to upload any on here.The details are sharp and all when you zoom in.

Sd450 is really good, coming from a device with sd835 I was pleasantly surprised at how much it fared. Though occasionally it lags when using Twitter but it really did well with its snappiness being a "entrylevel-budget" chipset.

CONS;

I found out that the device doesn't play well with Nova launcher as the navigation bar was still white after using it as my default launcher so I was forced to remain with the system launcher.

If you are on a budget and you like compact devices, would advise you to go for this device. I really like what xiaomi did with this one and it's a winner in my book.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

CONS;

If you are on a budget and you like compact devices, would advise you to go for this device. I really like what xiaomi did with this one and it's a winner in my book.

You are nothing but a brain washer grin a cabal gang, and we all know your xiaomi isssa scam grin

Continue with ur brain washing you hear grin

Very lovely review by the way,i like your approach.

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
noobody:

You are nothing but a brain washer grin a cabal gang, and we all know your xiaomi isssa scam grin

Continue with ur brain washing you hear grin

Very lovely review by the way,i like your approach.

Cheers

lollllll. Na scam. All scam.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
omotolsy:
Nice one dearie, i hope i can give an update like this. Ouite detailed and precise.

Thank you sir.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

CONS;

Your love for black sha, no wonder dem go still dey confuse ur gender grin. U don put 6D screen guard on dat one too abi? Considering your Nova launcher ish, even wen u customise notification panel from miui theme app, na still white e dey give out?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi4u(m): 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
iheanyi4u:
Mi 5 for sale
64gb
Spotless as it has been in a pouch since purchase
Bootloader unlocked grin but can be relocked
3 pouch and 1 screen guard

Still available
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ajog1: 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:
Nova launcher bug? The red case was made by cafele. grin grin
Ain't you making the other pro reviewers reel in fear of how you could likely get them off their game? Ehm! Nice one chairman. BTW, is it a unit of the redmi note 5/pro or redmi 5 plus you have got on hand?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) ... (9325) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.