Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9201554 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) (2969) (2970) (2971) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:28am On Jun 09, 2018
addictiv:
i am currently using a samsung galaxy note 3 neo which have served me well since 2014 when i got it. i wanted to upgrade to samsung galaxy A8+ but someone told me to try xiaomi redmi 5 plus or mi max 2. So i need opinions from people who have used both devices.

I will advise you go for the Note 5 (4gb Ram 64gb ROM).

U can chat me up for your ordering

Cheers grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:31am On Jun 09, 2018
Elslim:
yes or no

This is Android O update for Ur phone... What deceive is that bro ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:33am On Jun 09, 2018
Holuwaxheun:
What are u waiting for? Start placing ur Order (free case and glass screen protector available) using cheap $$$$$$

Redmi note 4 global version (4gb ram 64gb rom SD) #68,400

Redmi note 4x (3gb ram 32gb rom) #54,000

Redmi note 4x (3gb ram 16gb rom) #48,600

Redmi 4x (2gb ram 16gb rom) #41,500

Redmi 4x (3gb ram 32gb rom) #49,300

Redmi 5a (2gb ram 16gb rom) #33,900

Redmi Note 5a (2gb RAM 16gb ROM) #35,500

Redmi note 5a (3gb ram 32gb rom) #47,000

Redmi 5 plus (3gb ram 32gb rom) #56,000

Redmi 5 (3gb ram 32gb rom) #50,400

Redmi 5 (2gb ram 16gb rom) #45,000

MI max 2 #79,000

D delivery is 3 to 4 weeks. Limited stock available.
(Express shipping available 7 to 10 working days - T & C Applies)
Chat me up on whatsapp for business........

Other brands like leagoo, Nokia, Oneplus, oukitel, homtom, thl, Huawei etc available for ordering too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by erobes: 6:34am On Jun 09, 2018
Please Does nipost work on satUrdays?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:37am On Jun 09, 2018
erobes:
Please Does nipost work on satUrdays?

They open on Saturday, but don't do delivery on Saturday. u have to wait till Monday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by erobes: 6:40am On Jun 09, 2018
Holuwaxheun:

They open on Saturday, but don't do delivery on Saturday. u have to wait till Monday

Thanks,even if I want to pick it myself?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 7:08am On Jun 09, 2018
Holuwaxheun:

I will advise you go for the Note 5 (4gb Ram 64gb ROM).

U can chat me up for your ordering

Cheers grin

Haba Oga, Mi Max is more imposing......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 7:24am On Jun 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Two good Naomi devices. If I was spending your money, I think Mi max 2 it is.....

It's an older device, but it's like attempting to buy a Mercedes S class 2016 model or Mercedes C class 2018 model.....
I love this explanation grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OneKinGuy(m): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2018
Oyeleye101:

Band 3? How much?
no. Band 2. got it $20

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2018
3k loading
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2018
addictiv:
i am currently using a samsung galaxy note 3 neo which have served me well since 2014 when i got it. i wanted to upgrade to samsung galaxy A8+ but someone told me to try xiaomi redmi 5 plus or mi max 2. So i need opinions from people who have used both devices.
Since you can afford the Galaxy A8 plus, go for the Mi 6x instead or wait abit, maybe you can get the Mi 8 SE.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:08am On Jun 09, 2018
Gptech:

Since you can afford the Galaxy A8 plus, go for the Mi 6x instead or wait abit, maybe you can get the Mi 8 SE.

Oga, nah onecorna u enter so o...... This quantitative exam only get A & B and no C or D option........
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:10am On Jun 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Oga, nah onecorna u enter so o...... This quantitative exam only get A & B and no C or D option........
If you read well you go see say d exam questions get options instead of alternatives, I even see option E sef, just nor like pick am wink.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 09, 2018
Dam5reey:

Since MI cloud is inbuilt with MIUI it's better, You need Google services and all sorts to use Google..

Why repeating what you already have in your OS.. just like iCloud...

Some saying use App, that's lead additional space, RAM loss, Battery drain, Google services is already draining your batterries, Why add another app undecided

Also, If your app go freeze for background that means no Back up, you loss your phone then you loss data..

I remember someone came up with Cerberus, Na so my friend Infinix wey get poor RAM management closed the app from running, Phone was lost and lost again..

Interesting points there......

Here is the configuration I settled for:

Photos and videos--- using Google photos to back this up cos Google has more space allocation and I like the way it sometimes Behind up your pictures and creates cool animations from them. cool

Contacts--- syncing this to my Gmail account cos I can access it on the web or sync it to any device. cool

Apps and app data--- Google play store all the way. There is no other option here I think grin

SMS, MMS, notes and call history--- MI cloud cos it is the only option here. I hate using third party apps angry

Documents and other files--- save as much as as possible to Google drive and/or Microsoft OneDrive.

Bookmarks, browser history and tabs--- I use Google chrome and I am signed in to it. So it automatically syncs this to my Google account.

Wifi settings, calendar--- Google cloud

Myself--- Almighty Jehovah is helping me with this grin.

Every other options are turned off so unnecessary battery and RAM usage is curtailed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Anowax(m): 8:18am On Jun 09, 2018
henryduru2:
just got my redmi 5 plus today .SG post didn't take much time to ship dis one
Were you charged any custom fee on the phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:22am On Jun 09, 2018
Does holding volume + Power Down not reboot that Redmi 5 into fastboot mode?

If you can get into fastboot mode, you can try flashing the individual partitions one by one.

You unpack the chinese fastboot rom and get all the files in a folder.

Then you fastboot flash each file going by the name.

If you have a file called system you run

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash ebr ebr.tar

Like so for each file using their file extension.

It's exactly what the flash tool does. Only that one is automatic via the gui.

Or power + both volume buttons to try get into edl or try that edl script someone linked earlier

Meanwhile sometimes you can be lucky to get into edl by setting up the whole flashing process and holding down the power button till device goes off whilst the device is plugged in.

Bottom line is that what you need is the new rom

If you need to write these things down in a piece of paper then that's what you do.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PureMe01: 8:27am On Jun 09, 2018
eleojo23:
I don't understand most of the things you guys are saying this evening...All these ROM things...
lol...Baba we dey d same lane
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Izzy2hero(m): 8:33am On Jun 09, 2018
so I've been saving up to buy a phone. concluded I'd opt for the infinix hot 4 till I found out it couldn't handle PUBG, (which Is the reason I wanted to buy the phone in the 1st place) now I'm considering the redmi 5a(seen reviews, ts pretty good) biko you people should help me. I'm based in naija state, how much do I need? how can I get it? thanks in advance.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hargbo(m): 8:34am On Jun 09, 2018
Guys this is a flashback to the days of Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I had it on my very first Android Phone in 2012 Samsung Galaxy Pocket..I was a King in my street then till Techno flood the street with KitKat on Scrap...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 8:43am On Jun 09, 2018
Izzy2hero:
so I've been saving up to buy a phone. concluded I'd opt for the infinix hot 4 till I found out it couldn't handle PUBG, (which Is the reason I wanted to buy the phone in the 1st place) now I'm considering the redmi 5a(seen reviews, ts pretty good) biko you people should help me. I'm based in naija state, how much do I need? how can I get it? thanks in advance.
It'll run it, but it'll struggle. But its way better than the hot 4. Way way better!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 8:45am On Jun 09, 2018
Hargbo:
Guys this is a flashback to the days of Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I had it on my very first Android Phone in 2012 Samsung Galaxy Pocket..I was a King in my street then till Techno flood the street with KitKat on Scrap...
Lol. Call a spade a spade. The KitKat crap is way better than that ARM processor.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hargbo(m): 8:45am On Jun 09, 2018
Izzy2hero:
a 5-inch HD screen along with a high-resolution 13MP camera, it comes also with a MIUI 9 powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor and a 3000mah power to lean on. Cost about 35000naira for the 2gb/16gb version and 45000naira for the 3gb/32gb version on Jumia but you can use any of the trusted cabals we have here or DIY on Aliexpress Where the price is 35k and 40k for the two version simultaneously so any question
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hargbo(m): 8:47am On Jun 09, 2018
daamazing:
Lol. Call a spade a spade. The KitKat crap is way better than that ARM processor.
DTS absolutely correct...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lummy87: 8:47am On Jun 09, 2018
Hi, how much to fix a redmi note 4x screen? [quote author=repairpalng post=68265100][/quote]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Izzy2hero(m): 8:48am On Jun 09, 2018
Hargbo:
a 5-inch HD screen along with a high-resolution 13MP camera, it comes also with a MIUI 9 powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor and a 3000mah power to lean on. Cost about 35000naira for the 2gb/16gb version and 45000naira for the 3gb/32gb version on Jumia but you can use any of the trusted cabals or DIY on Aliexpress Where the price is 35k and 40k for the two version simultaneously so any question
thanks.. when the money is ready I'd definitely go for it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 8:48am On Jun 09, 2018
Holuwaxheun:

This is Android O update for Ur phone... What deceive is that bro ?

RN5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hargbo(m): 8:48am On Jun 09, 2018
Izzy2hero:
thanks.. when the money is ready I'd definitely go for it
good luck bro, but you should know Redmi 5a has senior brothers with a better Specification
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Izzy2hero(m): 8:49am On Jun 09, 2018
daamazing:
It'll run it, but it'll struggle. But its way better than the hot 4. Way way better!
that game is really sumtin. are u playing it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Jun 09, 2018
cheesy
Gptech:

If you read well you go see say d exam questions get options instead of alternatives, I even see option E sef, just nor like pick am wink.

E be like say no be the same thing we read....... cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amadika(m): 9:23am On Jun 09, 2018
Initially bought this for my personal use but I'm selling now with all the accessories attached. Phone is still sealed.
- Note 5 Global version 4gb RAM/64gb Black colour
- 1 5D Tempered glass.
- 1 PZOZ full screen tempered glass black
- 2 premium cases
If you are in PHC, we can meet face2face. I can also send.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Odunharry(m): 9:38am On Jun 09, 2018
Good morning house, who knows how much I can get a charger that charge fast as the Redmi note 4x?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2018
Ifedith:

I no understand 1 thing for there
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) (2969) (2970) (2971) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.