Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9282663 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) (6218) (6219) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2019
jboixxx:
it depends on tariff plan
I need the tariff that gives bonuses and also allow share and sell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
genius43:

That is your phone's OS and UI bundled together

ok .... this phone never reach 2 days for my hand... Hope it's safe I download the update.

I no won hear, them shoot bird im mama fly

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

In all, I stil love my RN7, will choose it over any other device any day. I only wish it had dedicated mmc tray and also wish apps can be moved to mmc, without forming as internal storage.. Sometimes I try to drain my battery to 0% and start charging afresh but it seems like an impossible task. Since I bought the phone, the batter y has never died.
Moving apps to sdcard will only make your fone much much slower

The read/write speeds of an sdcard, no matter the quality, can never be compared to that of your internal emmc 5.1 storage.. And this is very crucial for app execution speeds

Sdcards are ok for media and general files tho

But am used to the internal storage life now, don't want anything slow in my fone wink

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by missiles: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
jboixxx:
MIUI 11 crew, over to you
It's there on mine, rn7pro running on miui11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
flawless911:

The read/write speeds of an sdcard, no matter the quality, can never be compared to that of your internal emmc 5.1 storage.. And this is very crucial for app execution speeds

But am used to the internal storage life now, don't want anything slow in my fone wink

Which phone are you using boss?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
flawless911:

The read/write speeds of an sdcard, no matter the quality, can never be compared to that of your internal emmc 5.0 storage.. And this is very crucial for app execution speeds

true... I plan to keep all my videos, pictures and music on the sd card, while apps on the internal storage.

do you have any idea how I can I get SdMaid pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
flawless911:
I had same experience with my former 3GB RN5.. MiUi is very heavy on RAM, as such I recommend minimum of 4GB ram for new users

If u are tech savvy u can try flashing Xiaomi.eu, it's a very lightweight Miui based rom.. With a lot of optimisations and better ram management

Otherwise u can try going into Settings/Apps/Permissions/Autostart and disable Autostart for all apps except your social media apps like WhatsApp.. Check my screenshot for an idea of what I mean
Gracias. I am not tech saby kan-kan to flash any ROM... I have lost all my skills. Wish I have someone to help me with it. Thank you for the guide. Will play around it. You have been helpful
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
kallmemrB:
I know.. The Camera, sound and battery lol

I haven't really used the camera but the sound and battery is worth it.

I got the phone for my programming cos of the speed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
flawless911:

What happens when you need a file urgently and the phone is dead, and nowhere to charge it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Yes to both. The sim extender makes the phone slightly elevated from the pouch and it makes the IR blaster not align perfectly. So using it as a remote, I have to either really press the phone against the pouch for the IR blaster to set well or I kukuma remove it frm the pouch. And I don't too like to remove the phone frm the pouch cos I am finich abt the sim extender getting damaged

Are you using an armoured pouch?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
wamiikechukwu:

true... I plan to keep all my videos, pictures and music on the sd card, while apps on the internal storage.

Abeg don't forget to inform me when you get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2019
EseAbed:

Which phone are you using boss?
RN7 4/64
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2019
wamiikechukwu:

I can't share links here due to NL bot so u have to just google for d apk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2019
EseAbed:

Are you using an armoured pouch?
Yes ke.. Can't use any other pouch apart from an armoured one, no matter how ugly looking it is. It is cheaper to buy a pouch than fixing a screen

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PETUK(m): 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
ityP:

On which phone? Cos Mi A3 na SD 665 o

Redmi 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
flawless911:
RN7 4/64

Cool... I'm looking for who will sell his own O.. 4/64gb.. Make I get small rest of mind
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:
Sometimes I try to drain my battery to 0% and start charging afresh but it seems like an impossible task. Since I bought the phone, the batter y has never died.
okikiosibodu:

What happens when you need a file urgently and the phone is dead, and nowhere to charge it?
Sir how is that possible? I mean u said it best, almost an impossible task
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Yes ke.. Can't use any other pouch apart from an armoured one, no matter how ugly looking it is. It is cheaper to buy a pouch than fixing a screen
Lol..

Xiaomi screens are strong sha.. My RN5A prime suffer for falls sha, but no scratch till I sell am..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
wamiikechukwu:

ok .... this phone never reach 2 days for my hand... Hope it's safe I download the update.

Very safe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Abeg don't forget to inform me when you get it

It is not difficult to find, just Google SD Maid Pro you will get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
EseAbed:

Cool... I'm looking for who will sell his own O.. 4/64gb.. Make I get small rest of mind
Lol.. To rebuy same Note 7? Just get a Note 8 4/64 it's cheap
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
EseAbed:
Redmi Note 8 users that upgraded from RN7, how far? How is the performance? Better or worse? Make una help us O...

Redmi Note 8 users, we need your response(s)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
flawless911:
Sir how is that possible? I mean u said it best, almost an impossible task
The battery is really strong. After more than 3 hrs of constant pressing and the batter stil dey 60%, and time is arnd 10pm, only me one go go sleep, to prep for the next day. I plug the phone and sleep off, I don't worry about overcharging since the phone has an anti-overcharge mechanism, plus nepa is highly unpredictable (make e no be say na when the battery drain finish transformer go blow or rain go fall and dem go need dry cable for 7 working days). . I don't abuse it anyhow though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
flawless911:
I can't share links here due to NL bot so u have to just google for d apk
I for get interest o... Make we do PM things?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2019
EseAbed:

Lol..

Xiaomi screens are strong sha.. My RN5A prime suffer for falls sha, but no scratch till I sell am..

All those mumu-mumu test on YouTube... Esp one idiot that was using hammer to operate his phone.. Na hammer he dey knack on top the phone, and the phone dey respond like finger touch. Me no get liver... I no do... Better safe than sorry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
genius43:

It is not difficult to find, just Google SD Maid Pro you will get it
Gracias
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PETUK(m): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
wamiikechukwu:

just updated my own
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Yes ke.. Can't use any other pouch apart from an armoured one, no matter how ugly looking it is. It is [b]cheaper to buy a pouch than fixing a scree[/b]n
Experience talk.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Umarzy(m): 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2019
is it that airtel data is getting weaker or my xiaomi device is zapping data too much. I don't usually use Instagram and Twitter.

Just WhatsApp, Nairaland, Gmail , LinkedIn (seldomly)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
flawless911:
Sweet Jesus I never knew of this feature.. Holy molly MiUi is fokin awesome shocked shocked

Thank u for this bro
You didn't check the →Xiaomi compilation post← then. It's bn there since 2017/2018.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
Just2endowed2:
Romoss Sense 8+30,000mah grin
God bless our hussles, bro but ads are not allowed on this thread. Just use the thread store and you'll get your buyers wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) (6218) (6219) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.