Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,945 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9287225 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6215) (6216) (6217) (6218) (6219) (6220) (6221) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 7:13am On Nov 10, 2019
wamiikechukwu:
hello guys,

This is is the first time I am using a xiaomi phone and also a 4g too.

yesterday night, made it a 24hr since I got this phone and it has consume more than 500 mb.

I know It sound lame, but how do I manage to reduce the data consumption rate on this phone or how do you guys manage data.

You have to limit the amount of time you spent browsing... Or still toggle the batter saver mode. That will limit all sychrosynchroni and background working apps

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 7:15am On Nov 10, 2019
Donkelzy:

I want to confirm few things from you, does it require unlocking of bootloader and also must your region be in Hong Kong?
Cc: Mosho2good
You don't need to unlock bootloader, I don't think the region matters, mine was in Mexico at the time of update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jax1: 7:32am On Nov 10, 2019
AirVaans:
If the park is White and have pictures of the phone on it, then it's Global version... The 8 Series differentiate the Global Version from the Chinese Version by giving them Different Kinds of Packs, that's why they didn't bother writing Global Version on it... If the Pack is not white, maybe Red or Blue, and does not have the picture of the phone on it, then its Not Global Version

Thanks bro.. From your explanation, its global version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 7:32am On Nov 10, 2019
genius43:

Actually Mi A3 has a better camera setup that RN8. It comes with Sony IMX 586 48Mp sensor mostly found on flagships compared to the Samsung GM2 on the RN8, it's battery should last longer because of the resolution and Stock android.

It's performance would also be slightly better because stock android runs on lesser resources.

A little research helps. That RN8 has 4 cameras doesn't really make it better.

As far as am concern the only thing it has over Mi A3 is the display resolution, the other is MIUI which is subjective to personal taste and opinion
boss,u forgot to add amoled display

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 7:42am On Nov 10, 2019
For some days now, it feels like they are dragging tiger generator for here...

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 7:45am On Nov 10, 2019
omoadeleye:

Well there's limited amount of memory storage that a phone can handle, it was before that all these manufacturers always state the maximum amount of memory storage that a user should insert in their phone...
Bro the average Redmi can handle up to 256GB of storage what are u saying.. We re talking about Storage speeds

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 7:48am On Nov 10, 2019
AirVaans:
, the highest performing device on Benchmark is not even a Stock Android device....
grin grin grin No be lie sha..

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 8:00am On Nov 10, 2019
Guys pls, is there any other speaker better than this with the same price range. I'm planning on getting one or go for soundcore pro+

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:13am On Nov 10, 2019
Thayay:
Guys pls, is there any other speaker better than this with the same price range. I'm planning on getting one or go for soundcore pro+

Except you want to go for JBL and it's likes

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by footprintD55(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2019
Hi all, had my note 7 for a few weeks now, and really chuffed with it, until recently, possibly the last update, my battery has started draining quite a bit more than it was, it will drop overnight, when not in use by about 10% and its just not as good as it was a two weeks or so . I'm not a heavy user by any means on an average day I suppose it used to drop to about 70% but now with the same amount of use its down to 40-50%, I've uninstalled the few apps I added recently, with no effect, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? currently running miui 11.0.3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 8:19am On Nov 10, 2019
genius43:

Except you want to go for JBL and it's likes
Thanks. but JBL is quite cost than this right?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2019
footprintD55:
Hi all, had my note 7 for a few weeks now, and really chuffed with it, until recently, possibly the last update, my battery has started draining quite a bit more than it was, it will drop overnight, when not in use by about 10% and its just not as good as it was a two weeks or so . I'm not a heavy user by any means on an average day I suppose it used to drop to about 70% but now with the same amount of use its down to 40-50%, I've uninstalled the few apps I added recently, with no effect, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? currently running miui 11.0.3

When did you update to version 11?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2019
Thayay:
Thanks. but JBL is quite cost than this right?

JBL Charge 4 brand new is around 55k

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rajo4real(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2019
Pls where can i download full ROM for RN7 MiUi 10.3. 10

Gracias!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:26am On Nov 10, 2019
Umarzy:
is it that airtel data is getting weaker or my xiaomi device is zapping data too much. I don't usually use Instagram and Twitter.

Just WhatsApp, Nairaland, Gmail , LinkedIn (seldomly)
If u dey view WhatsApp status, hmmm.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Godwin091(m): 8:27am On Nov 10, 2019
Hello guys, I have 30k to spare for a phone and a friend here on NL advised me to get a xiomi phone but the problem is that I've never used this brand before and I don't wanna regret it later on. Besides, I don't even know the model I should go for.

Your help will be highly appreciated

Thanks in anticipation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:28am On Nov 10, 2019
omoadeleye:

You have to limit the amount of time you spent browsing... Or still toggle the batter saver mode. That will limit all sychrosynchroni and background working apps
Email sync will be paused!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2019
kekilika:
-ve energies de increase o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:32am On Nov 10, 2019
AirVaans:
who gives a Fvck what you feel fam?, definitely not me... If it makes you sleep better at night, good for you
Bros who vex u dis early morning nau, calm down jare grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:32am On Nov 10, 2019
Gptech:

If u dey view WhatsApp status, hmmm.
That thing de gulp data o....I don't know which one sabi btw it, Facebook and Chrome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by footprintD55(m): 8:33am On Nov 10, 2019
genius43:

When did you update to version 11?
a week and some days
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 8:35am On Nov 10, 2019
jboixxx:
The street is no longer safe.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:37am On Nov 10, 2019
jboixxx:
That thing de gulp data o....I don't know which one sabi btw it, Facebook and Chrome
As u dey laf naxo ur data dey laf u too grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:37am On Nov 10, 2019
AirVaans:
who gives a Fvck what you feel fam?, definitely not me... If it makes you sleep better at night, good for you
Howdy brotherly.... This is a faceless forum, let us learn to communicate and correct each other in love and in an unprovocative manner.
An apology to the offended party won't hurt, even if you are opined you are not in the wrong
One love

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seankafor(m): 8:39am On Nov 10, 2019
Thayay:
check out zealot s7

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:42am On Nov 10, 2019
Godwin091:
Hello guys, I have 30k to spare for a phone and a friend here on NL advised me to get a xiomi phone but the problem is that I've never used this brand before and I don't wanna regret it later on. Besides, I don't even know the model I should go for.

Your help will be highly appreciated

Thanks in anticipation
Check out the Redmi 7a especially during this period, you'll likely get a good deal because of sales anniversary in many platforms. You'll actually regret if you go for another brand especially at this price range. If you have a little more cash to spend, go for one with a higher Internal memory.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:43am On Nov 10, 2019
kekilika:
jboixxx:
I notice it is mostly around weekend that it's at its peak. God help us o. I am beginning to tireniutbof the weekend "fight". We don't want it again �
#SayNoToWeekendFight
#WeCanAddressTheMessageRatherThanTheMessenger
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by larkz(m): 8:45am On Nov 10, 2019
Luisema4luv:
In other news, i just picked up my Google map local guide socks frm d PO

They offered me this o. Dunno why I didn't put in effort to get mine cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Odunharry(m): 8:45am On Nov 10, 2019
wamiikechukwu:
hello guys,

yesterday night, made it a 24hr since I got this phone and it has consume more than 500 mb.

I know It sound lame, but how do I manage to reduce the data consumption rate on this phone or how do you guys manage data.
. Go and restrict app you don't use from accessing the Internet and restrict your photos from your gallery too. Google photo is a culprit too.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:47am On Nov 10, 2019
wamiikechukwu:
hello guys,

Last paragraph refers:
Follow the 1st attached picture to monitor the apps gulping your data and picture 2 to restrict any apps data access (foreground and background).

Go by dropping your notification pane and select the data counter.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:47am On Nov 10, 2019
rajo4real:
Pls where can i download full ROM for RN7 MiUi 10.3. 10

Gracias!
Hope you are not downgrading?
https://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.3.10.0.PFGMIXM/miui_LAVENDERGlobal_V10.3.10.0.PFGMIXM_730eb0aa6e_9.0.zip

(1) (2) (3) ... (6215) (6216) (6217) (6218) (6219) (6220) (6221) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.