Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9190445 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7224) (7225) (7226) (7227) (7228) (7229) (7230) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:02pm On May 14, 2020
Thomsyne:

Hi Chief,

Attached is the last tracking details of my package that was sent since 16th of March. Any chances its at NIPOST already? I addressed it to NIPOST Ikeja branch but with my name and phone number.

Thanks

It should be in Nigeria but might be stuck at IMPC at the Airport and NIPOST aren't currently commercially in operation so even if it is at your post office it might not be updated.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xionez(m): 2:05pm On May 14, 2020
Mrviktor:

Nawah oh.
That one bad oh.
I hate seeing that kind of thing.

As in eh, I vividly remember watching Furious 7 on my phone then. The snow scene was looking soo annoying. Letterings here and there against the vivid white snow. Very distracting. Out of annoyance, I had to re-watch it on my laptop with an IPS screen.
I did my checks and found out that its a normal thing in AMOLED...which I refuse to swallow.

Black spotting (which I experienced in Nokia N86) I can manage. Its a manufacturer defect or due to impact. Very little likelihood of occurrence.
If you are unfortunate, just change it and your okay.
But you see burn-in, if you like put your phone inside a military grade shock proof pack...as far as that screen lights up, it will be prone to burn-in.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Betnomore: 2:13pm On May 14, 2020
One question for the house. What's d essence of having that fucking sticker at the back of Xiaomi phones since warranty can't work here on Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 2:16pm On May 14, 2020
Betnomore:
One question for the house. What's d essence of having that fucking sticker at the back of Xiaomi phones since warranty can't work here on Nigeria
quick question for you, are the phones manufactured in Nigeria for the Nigerian market only?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Betnomore: 2:19pm On May 14, 2020
Maybe I no ask my question well. What is the point of keeping it for a Nigerian user.

Bahddo:
quick question for you, are the phones manufactured in Nigeria for the Nigerian market only?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thomsyne(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
genius43:

It should be in Nigeria but might be stuck at IMPC at the Airport and NIPOST aren't currently commercially in operation so even if it is at your post office it might not be updated.

Yeah thanks, there's been no update on their website either for a while now. Although I noticed a discrepancy. On the 27th of March, NIPOST website showed that it was already at IMPC. By Monday the 30th, its only the EDI-received record that was there and its been that way till now. Bear in mind that the lockdown was announced that same Monday night.

Any chances it could have been moved from IMPC to Ikeja Post Office? Someone commented on a thread and said he saw NIPOST bus in operation today.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StrongandMighty: 2:40pm On May 14, 2020
abdsamad:

Yeah i have. I guess it's fine. I can really tell if there's a difference but it's not worse sha
name of this font abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 2:42pm On May 14, 2020
Mrviktor:

But it's something to consider..
That's how someone broke my note 6 pro screen.. It has a crack now. Nd no genuine shop at Ikeja can fix it..
Not happy about the complains am hearing about nairaland Xiaomi repair guys too.

It's something to consider if you are in the habit of breaking your phone screens..
For those that are not in the habit of doing that,screen repairs are the last thing that cross our minds while choosing the next device.. grin

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tucker18(m): 2:45pm On May 14, 2020
Mrviktor:

U have very careful friends

Lol so you don't?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2020
fibonacci2526:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed : undecided undecided. People who buy phones with amoled displays do not even think of the "cost of repair", they just buy for the satisfaction it gives them for media and viewing. This conception that amoled is not great because of the cost of repair dey one kain jare. Personally i won't use an LCD display as a daily driver.
LCD eewww nasty.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 2:53pm On May 14, 2020
StrongandMighty:

name of this font abeg
I think it's this one

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 2:53pm On May 14, 2020
Xionez:
Its funny. SD865 phone with an IPS LCD display is very very scarce. I was curious about the whole AMOLED thing and just checked. It just a Vivo Neo 5G only.
I hated AMOLED because of the burn in defect. I hated to see it on my S5 and still hate to see it now.
It very annoying especially when viewing movies...and you would be seeing your keyboard outline against a sky white background or your battery icon and network status.
I wish they could find a method of fixing it.

Come O, are you people trying to discourage we people from buying phones with Amoled screens?
I've been reading some scary sh*t all through, from screen burns to screen bleeding and what have you
festwiz:

Just an opinion,

I don't really think these high end devices are designed for such extended periods of screen usage at a time, say 8 hours of use from wake-up. Given the prices, I'd say the target audience are not extreme users that have their smartphones as their only computing device. They are designed to be powerful across all aspects of usage, not to be tortured 24/7 on a single task.

OLED screens are great for viewing content and for creatives due to it's colour accuracy and amazing contrast. I think a majority of users that purchase flagships and high end devices are mild users and not heavy users and as such they can go through a full 2 year smartphone cycle and have no issues with their OLED displays.

If you compare this to users that push 16 hours of SoT daily, well, you begin to see the problem there.

#IMO

You try small in cooling my mind sha...

But can someone please give me(us) a genuine review of the pros and cons of the Amoled thing, as per personal experience.

Anyone, please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StrongandMighty: 2:57pm On May 14, 2020
abdsamad:
I think it's this one
okay but still cant figure out the name
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2020
Xionez:
Its funny. SD865 phone with an IPS LCD display is very very scarce. I was curious about the whole AMOLED thing and just checked. It just a Vivo Neo 5G only.
I hated AMOLED because of the burn in defect. I hated to see it on my S5 and still hate to see it now.
It very annoying especially when viewing movies...and you would be seeing your keyboard outline against a sky white background or your battery icon and network status.
I wish they could find a method of fixing it.

This is not only an amoled problem.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2020
Mrviktor:

U have very careful friends

Maybe u need to start carrying a knife grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2020
Please let's not start an AMOLED vs LCD war, we've been through this topic uncountable times.

Both screen tech has it's own merits and demerits which their respective fans are already aware of.

Use what works best for you

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2020
DarkJeddi:
It's something to consider if you are in the habit of breaking your phone screens..
For those that are not in the habit of doing that,screen repairs are the last thing that cross our minds while choosing the next device.. grin
Did you really have to say this? grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lovelani(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2020
freeAgent99:

Come O, are you people trying to discourage we people from buying phones with Amoled screens?
I've been reading some scary sh*t all through, from screen burns to screen bleeding and what have you

But can someone please give me(us) a genuine review of the pros and cons of the Amoled thing, as per personal experience.

Anyone, please?

Simply type IPS LCD vs AMOLED on your Google... Then tell us what you see.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 3:05pm On May 14, 2020
StrongandMighty:

okay but still cant figure out the name

It's at the top naw: Lhandw
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 3:06pm On May 14, 2020
Elslim:
God bless ALHAJI LEI JUN smiley smiley smiley

I dey envy these Chinese people tbh, they get to enjoy these yummy deals solely.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 3:06pm On May 14, 2020
freeAgent99:

Anyone, please?

Personally I think it all boils down to luck. Both issues you highlighted above affect both screen techs respectively. AMOLED screens suffer burn-in while LCD screens suffer screen bleeding. Much like you've the back axle vs front wheel drive debates in cars.

But then a person may see an issue manifest in his screen even unboxing his device while another will use same model for donkey years without any issues whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 3:07pm On May 14, 2020
Betnomore:
Maybe I no ask my question well. What is the point of keeping it for a Nigerian user.

it's your phone, bro. You don't need a 'point' to keep or discard whatever you like.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 14, 2020
If you need jumia coupon code hala..me ..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 3:14pm On May 14, 2020
Ziyech:

I dey envy these Chinese people tbh, they get to enjoy these yummy deals solely.

Cheap 5G phone grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 3:19pm On May 14, 2020
genius43:

May 19 is MIUI 12 release date for Global and it will be beta first before stable. Don't confuse MIUI 12 with Android 10.
But what Android version is MIUI 12 based on?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 3:23pm On May 14, 2020
We have found alternatives to the delayed Redmi Note 9s..

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:24pm On May 14, 2020
Alfred234:

Lolz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 3:36pm On May 14, 2020
busuyi44:
We have found alternatives to the delayed Redmi Note 9s..
This is it.. This is the phone that will destroy the Redmi K30 Pro.. Damn, Infinix has done it again shocked cheesy

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 3:41pm On May 14, 2020
toniotonero:

Broda which custom rom u dy use now?

Latest RevOS based on MIUI 12. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ndagi123(m): 3:42pm On May 14, 2020
tasonivan:
Hmmmm, might probably be the reason... Because my RN8 is Android 9, and the Samsung A30 that it's cast is working smoothly is Android 10.... RN9S way we go then

I had same issues with my RN8 but solved it by installing nova launcher and disabling miui optimization then downloading VLC for android to cast in full screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:44pm On May 14, 2020
Alfred234:

It depends on the phone. That is not how it works. Redmi Note 5 will receive MIUI 12 still based on Android 9 that it received few months before MIUI 11 was received.

So if we are to go by your analogy does it mean all devices currently running Android 10 on MIUI 11 will automatically get the unreleased android 11 as MIUI 12 is rolled out?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 3:47pm On May 14, 2020
abdsamad:

Maybe u need to start carrying a knife grin

Naso..
I've never used any of my phones with screen guard.. And all my phones are very neat..

But on the day of the murder of my phone.. This babe fell my phone 4 times face down..
Na after I reach house highness clear from my eye.. The line was getting longer and longer as d highness was erasing from my eyes.. The next morning I saw 3 very long line. Like river Niger and river venue...
Wasn't nice at all...
Now I want to sell the phone but nobody can assure me of fixing the screen.. . . Not liking the reviews am getting on repairng nairaland page

(1) (2) (3) ... (7224) (7225) (7226) (7227) (7228) (7229) (7230) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rashmond2007(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.