Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9189567 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7227) (7228) (7229) (7230) (7231) (7232) (7233) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 6:52pm On May 14, 2020
festwiz:

Your analogy justifies the point you're trying to disprove.
All I am trying to say is there shouldn't be any considerations when choosing between two devices with LCD and and Amoled displays.
If you have the budget, go for the amoled whether the cost of changing the display is much or not.
The pros outweighs the cons. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ne0w1zarD: 6:53pm On May 14, 2020
PotatoSalad:

KWGT?

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xionez(m): 6:55pm On May 14, 2020
fibonacci2526:

No OEM will do this.

Na real wa!!!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 6:55pm On May 14, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:

Yes
It's beautiful. Does the buttons have tactile feedback when you press them?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 6:56pm On May 14, 2020
PotatoSalad:

The pros outweighs the cons. wink

True. I personally don't take maintenance or parts into consideration. If I can afford it, I can afford a replacement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 6:57pm On May 14, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:

Yes
Got the V40?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xionez(m): 7:04pm On May 14, 2020
Bahddo:
...I dare say, they are in the vocal majority...

No be small o.
Was wondering if they fixed the stuff sef.
Well, being open minded, I will assume it is an OEM issue. If so, then Samsung displays is a big no no.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ne0w1zarD: 7:06pm On May 14, 2020
PotatoSalad:

It's beautiful. Does the buttons have tactile feedback when you press them?

Of course, you can set them in kwgt

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 7:07pm On May 14, 2020
Xionez:

No be small o.
Was wondering if they fixed the stuff sef.
Well, being open minded, I will assume it is an OEM issue. If so, then Samsung displays is a big no no.
Do what you're comfortable with.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ne0w1zarD: 7:08pm On May 14, 2020
festwiz:
Got the V40?

No, it was sent from Lagos since on 4th via Nipost, but I'm yet to receive it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by andresia(m): 7:14pm On May 14, 2020
GrandMufti:

Let him try your own sim in his phone. Or upgrade his sim if it's still a 3G SIM.

But mind you, the two phones are different

I tried my SIM in his and issue persists.

My SIM works perfectly with the note 8, I wonder why it is having mobile network issues with the note 8 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 7:23pm On May 14, 2020
abdsamad:

grin
I was going to sneak past that one cos... U pipu cannot come n break someone's fast

Ehen, I've been looking for you sef.
Please what can you tell me about your experience regarding the motorized pop up camera. Any issues so far, or any disadvantages; anything at all?
Thanx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2020
fibonacci2526:

No OEM will do this.

Transsion? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2020
madgoat:

Babe fell ur fone 4 times and u no talk grin
I understand what u were doing at the time wink
Oga get ur mind out of the guttar
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2020
how come no one is talking about the dollar rate..aliexpress is a no go area like this.. Banks are charging 445 for one dollar..madness.. Those that have bought phones are lucky oh..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 7:36pm On May 14, 2020
Good day house. I have been trying to chat with aliexpress but to no avail. Please can someone kindly help me.. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:59pm On May 14, 2020
Mrviktor:
how come no one is talking about the dollar rate..aliexpress is a no go area like this.. Banks are charging 445 for one dollar..madness.. Those that have bought phones are lucky oh..

Na to avoid alixpress be that Na. It's a no go area for now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:07pm On May 14, 2020
busuyi44:
We have found alternatives to the delayed Redmi Note 9s..

This post just dey vex me the more now that I just read that it has HD+ on an almost 7" device and a micro USB port. The expensive price tag doesn't make it an alternative. undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:14pm On May 14, 2020
fibonacci2526:

This post just dey vex me the more now that I just read that it has HD+ on an almost 7" device and a micro USB port. The expensive price tag doesn't make it an alternative. undecided
E ma binu ma. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2020
Since we are discussing about screen panel.. Lemme ask, between an amoled screen with hd+ and lcd with fhd+ which will you pick?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 8:25pm On May 14, 2020
Deeni131:

To be frank, I have been using amole screen for long without having any changes in my vision but now just less than six months of using lcd on redmi note 8, I'm facing blur vision.

Turn off your auto brightness when not in use

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:30pm On May 14, 2020
jboixxx:
E ma binu ma. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 8:35pm On May 14, 2020
genius43:

Okay, in comparison to this?

I should spend up to 90k on a 720p display. Oga clap for yourself, I like your comic relief
make Xiaomi sev release this Note 9s... We are tired of waiting.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 8:35pm On May 14, 2020
freeAgent99:

Ehen, I've been looking for you sef.
Please what can you tell me about your experience regarding the motorized pop up camera. Any issues so far, or any disadvantages; anything at all?
Thanx

Hmm

Pop up cam...

It's honestly just there. I think i can count the number of times I've used the selfie cam. I seldom take pictures and when i do i use the main camera or i use a mirror (if i want to see myself. Lol)

It's cool shaa, whenever it pops up. Even people with better phones still do a little admiring. It may be a problem if u use face unlock cos it has to climb up n down but the few times i used it i wasn't really put off. It was again cool... Almost like the computer granting u special access like u see in movies. The delay is barely noticeable in my own opinion.

i cannot say anything about risk of breaking it when in use cos i protect my phone jealously (and i scarcely use it)

What else... ahhh, i guess that's all.

Oh! Picture quality is very satisfactory. It's sharp and clear etc.
Maybe I'll dash u the phone if i finally run to mi 9 cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:39pm On May 14, 2020
Alfred234:

I understand that some older device will get the MIUI 12 as a skin release on their current Android version but MIUI 12 is based on Android 10 and that's just what i want to be clear about.

This is not true.

Many devices will receive MIUI 12 based on Android 9 or 8 self.

Most Android 10 and even 11 features are already integrated into MIUI 12. That's why Xiaomi MIUI update is more important than Android version upgrade.

Recently, MIUI 12 GSIs based on Android 9 was released. So, MIUI 12 can be based on Android 10, 9, 8 even 7 and you might not even notice self. That's a good thing about Xiaomi.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 8:39pm On May 14, 2020
AirVaans:
Infinix Note 7 obviously wasn't made in Nigeria, it was Shipped in... Them Launch am today and its already available for Purchase... Wetin come dey worry Xiaomi naaaaaa embarassed sad
In fact, I just weak... and they keep advertising the phone on their facebook page often... people don vex tire sev
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:43pm On May 14, 2020
Emjace:
Since we are discussing about screen panel.. Lemme ask, between an amoled screen with hd+ and lcd with fhd+ which will you pick?
it's the quality of a display that matters ooo
Amoled hd(+) due to the Pentile Matrix arrangement is not really advisable for lower resolution like 720p and below

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 8:44pm On May 14, 2020
abdsamad:

Hmm

Pop up cam...

It's honestly just there. I think i can count the number of times I've used the selfie cam. I seldom take pictures and when i do i use the main camera or i use a mirror (if i want to see myself. Lol)

It's cool shaa, whenever it pops up. Even people with better phones still do a little admiring. It may be a problem if u use face unlock cos it has to climb up n down but the few times i used it i wasn't really put off. It was again cool... Almost like the computer granting u special access like u see in movies. The delay is barely noticeable in my own opinion.

i cannot say anything about risk of breaking it when in use cos i protect my phone jealously (and i scarcely use it)

What else... ahhh, i guess that's all.

Oh! Picture quality is very satisfactory. It's sharp and clear etc.
Maybe I'll dash u the phone if i finally run to mi 9 cool

Ah... Thank you in advance. I'll surely include you in my supplications tonight in order to FastTrack the handing over. I've already seen you with the Mi 9 as I've seen myself with yours (soon to be mine cheesy.)
Abeg you people should join me in thanking him for this his generosity O.
Truly, the Lord works in mysterious ways.
grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 8:50pm On May 14, 2020
gidieberry:
it's the quality of a display that matters ooo
Hmmm.. What about RN8 vs Mi a3 screen quality
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sullenx(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2020
genius43:

There are a lot of things that makes a smartphone and in the hindsight of specs that they have, the RN8 has a lot of things not available on the R8.

If you knew the R8 was better because of Battery why throw the question in the public?

How it stands

Camera: RN8
Processor : RN8
Support : RN8.
Display: RN8

T
Thanks for this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2020
Emjace:
Hmmm.. What about RN8 vs Mi a3 screen quality
i never use both phones so I can't make a comment but what I can tell u is that an average phone with a Samsung or BOE amoled /Oled display is good

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2020
GrandMufti:

You eye dirty. Pick one take clean eyes

I go need pass one grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7227) (7228) (7229) (7230) (7231) (7232) (7233) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.