Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,009 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9167251 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7709) (7710) (7711) (7712) (7713) (7714) (7715) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xionez(m): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2020
Dwaynestefan:
Please anyone, How can I stop these files from multiplying everyday. I don't know what they are, or what causes them.

Use a text editor to open the file. The details should in in there so that you may know the app that it's doing this. I'm suspecting the MIUI gallery app is backing up and uploading your images going by the time or it creates a temporary file if you edit your pics in some way.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2020
explosiveskull:

Seriously me too need that mi dialler, am not just digging this google dialler.
I did download the mi contacts and dialler, it installed fine but whenever I want to use it, it crashes with these messages .
Reboot your device and it should start working fine. Same thing happened to most of us using it when we first downloaded it.
Modified:
My Mi Contact and Dailer is not working well on Android 10, i can dial and make calls but i can't access my contact. Anyone with solution should please help, thanks...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2020
People wey sabi....

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:55am On Aug 14, 2020
Kallmerb:
andriod 10 no gree for mi dialer at all
For real? Ha me prefer Mi Contact and Dailer, na to borne A10 be that na....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, Am sorry for the heated argument that resulted here yesterday as a result of my complains which was legitimate, I understand i used some foul words on some persons here which were improper regardless of the fact dat i was attacked, violence is never the proper way of resulting differences. Some persons here have taken their time to render solutions to other users here at no cost and it is unfair to regard them as agents, so moving forward let's tolerate ourselves especially in a faceless forum like this and complains should be met with sympathy, the truth is we all desire a perfect device

20 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Sir genius, is it safe to do manual update to Android 10 on my Redmi 8 even though it's hasn't been officially released? I got a link on the Redmi 8 thread and i have downloaded it but am afraid of updating. Please your expert opinion needed, thanks....

As long as you downloaded the right ROM.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
genius43:

As long as you downloaded the right ROM.
Yes i did, global version V11.0.2.0.QCNMIXM. Thanks chief
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nonsoco80(m): 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
techmaster092:
Good afternoon everyone, Am sorry for the heated argument that resulted here yesterday as a result of my complains which was legitimate, I understand i used some foul words on some persons here which were improper regardless of the fact dat i was attacked, violence is never the proper way of resulting differences. Some persons here have taken their time to render solutions to other users here at no cost and it is unfair to regard them as agents, so moving forward let's tolerate ourselves especially in a faceless forum like this and complains should be met with sympathy, the truth is we all desire a perfect device
I still dey vex ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
Mrviktor:

I'll like to see it.

A chinese site that ships outside of China oh.

Also Alibaba wouldn't be on ur list

Xiaomi Mi 10 PRO White 8 + 256GB Cell phones Sale, Price & Reviews| Gearbest Mobile https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009476524228.html#.XzZ7S3xrkRU.whatsapp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vickyhow(m): 1:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
ajoddo:

Callus miller doesn't sell Xiaomi phones..I bought my RN8 from fine brothers at artillery port Harcourt

Sorry how can I locate Fine Brothers pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
Elslim:

Xiaomi Mi 10 PRO White 8 + 256GB Cell phones Sale, Price & Reviews| Gearbest Mobile https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009476524228.html#.XzZ7S3xrkRU.whatsapp

I knew u will pull this out.... 720k.

Well done sir..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry grin grin angry angry angry angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
Pls o i need gcam link for Mi note 10 lite
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
Mrviktor:

I knew u will pull this out.... 720k.

Well done sir..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry grin grin angry angry angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gates01: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Can't say how Happy i am to have bought a redmi K30 pro from Nurex01.
You are the best dealer so far till date. He ordered, shipped and even went as far as calling DHL on my behalf. Man spent his time, effort and money to make sure I got my phone as quickly as i wanted it.

If you have money and want any Xiaomi device from any country at all but don't want to stress yourself, he's your man!

@Nurex01 I appreciate the work put in to get this stuff to me as quickly as possible. May God bless you for this!!

I endorse him fully. You can trust him with your money cause he's going to make every kobo worth it!!
I really appreciate Sir!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
suco01:

Nothing much about this update but battery hasn't been good as before after download. Phone at idle overnight from 100% dropped to 89% without pressing it, also fingerprint unlock doesn't respond welI even after removing and creating another one. I shock ooo been using Battery savers mode since then and using pin to unlock when fingerprints no response. I am planning to downgrade it back to 9 sed

Yeah I can attest to this.

I updated to Android 10 in July, RN7. I started having indifferent SoTs and so I attributed it to bad network as well as my heavy usage. I run my pages and blog straight out of the phone.

This month after it was taken off me by my younger brother, he called to complain that the fingerprint scanner was dead. The solution was that we wiped off the old fingerprint info and cleared the cache of the entire phone. Forced restart it and then put in a new one. FP started working again but it would lag something.

He got another update on Monday I think which I hope fixed it as he hasn't complained about it anymore. The battery life also improved.

I hope this was of some help to you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
Call recording function now available on Phones (beta testing phase for now).

NB: It informs the other party that the call is being recorded in compliance with EU Privacy regulations. Also, you cannot start recording until the person has answered and the call has gone on for 1 sec at least.

Spies in the house that can't do without call recording, do you accept these odds as laid out by Google and the EU?

PS: They'll get informed on whatever device they're recieving the call on and whether or not your data connection is active.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JamOSneh: 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
Abbeycaesar:
I didn't dupe you. I already stated phone is mtk in my advert. I have reached out to you. Take this down as I've done transparent business here without any hitches.
u can deal with Abbeycaesar he later sort everything out gave me back my money, he is a very nice person nd God fearing, we are now a friend, he really surprised me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JamOSneh: 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
Abbeycaesar:
I didn't dupe you. I already stated phone is mtk in my advert. I have reached out to you. Take this down as I've done transparent business here without any hitches.
Abbeycaesar is a very nice person after I explain the issue am facing on the phone I bought from him he returned my nd everything went cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
techmaster092:
so after all the drama you finally realized that complaints doesn't bring the update any sooner, we welcome you back with open arms sha...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
suco01:

Nothing much about this update but battery hasn't been good as before after download. Phone at idle overnight from 100% dropped to 89% without pressing it, also fingerprint unlock doesn't respond welI even after removing and creating another one. I shock ooo been using Battery savers mode since then and using pin to unlock when fingerprints no response. I am planning to downgrade it back to 9 sed

maybe it's urs.
I notice my battery is better now.
I removed my phone from charger at 3:10 am slept till 9am. I was surprised it still stood at 100% which never happened b4 the update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Mark9854:

so after all the drama you finally realized that complaints doesn't bring the update any sooner
Not necessary bro.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
JamOSneh:
Abbeycaesar is a very nice person after I explain the issue am facing on the phone I bought from him he returned my nd everything went cool
Nice. Oya make both of una go edit una posts, in future, some persons eyes fit go there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
Elslim:

Check giztop
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
Gptech:
Not necessary bro.
but I came in peace na...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
Finally Android 10 is now officially released for Redmi 8 global version. Haven't seen any different so far since i updated though. Miui 12 is next
Modified:
Am starting to see ooh, e.g fonts are now bolder and legible, i can now see bolded text on opera mini (i use to browse mostly to conserve data). Screen now looks crispier and sharper. A10 make brain wela....

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Finally Android 10 is now officially released for Redmi 8 global version. Haven't seen any different so far since i updated though. Miui 12 is next
there aren't much visible difference in the Android 10 because miui 11 already brought a lot of it's features to our devices.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
suco01:

Have you done hard restart by pressing power button for like 10 sec till phone vibrate?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chigirlangel: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
TrebleChamp:

I pray this update resolve my phone issues cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
chigirlangel:

I pray this update resolve my phone issues cry
What are the problems? I believe it will, just make sure you do a hard restart after updating it. Also try and download the full rom and update manually. Goodluck..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chigirlangel: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
TrebleChamp:
What are the problems? I believe it will, just make sure you do a hard restart after updating it. Also try and download the full rom and update manually. Goodluck..

The new update isn't a full ROM?? Battery problem, plus my battery stats dey malfunction sometimes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
please the Xiaomi Redmi and the Note Series, which of them is better
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obascoetubi: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
Elslim:

I DON'T LIKE PHONE WITH 5G

(1) (2) (3) ... (7709) (7710) (7711) (7712) (7713) (7714) (7715) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.