Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,041 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9251856 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7712) (7713) (7714) (7715) (7716) (7717) (7718) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nonsoco80(m): 8:08am On Aug 15, 2020
anastasius:

6 minons liked this.
Then you people should stop harassing others to get Xiaomi when the support system is bad.
I didn't call anyone names, I only pointed out that you people act like gods when questions are asked. I'm beginning to think all these noise from all of you are marketing strategies.
You won, at least I bought one. I'm selling it off soon, cos even if transsoin devices are bad, I would be better off upgrading to Samsung n or HTC and the likes instead of allowing myself to be bullied into another chinko product of Xiaomi where the marketers called fans on Nairaland act like Jesus whenever questions are asked.
Sell it and stop disturbing people here. They don dey go one by one.

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2020
Sinachi100:

Tank u sirgringrin

Lmao. Say na thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2020
you these Xiaomi fan boys can really be annoying. laughing ..
you trolling someone complaining bitterly..
if curse you una now.. e go catch you o

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MilesLamar(m): 8:17am On Aug 15, 2020
mi band 5 and phone accessories gotten from macbyland... I highly recommend grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 8:20am On Aug 15, 2020
I noticed this too after the Android 10 update. My last charge was since yesterday night around 10pm yesterday but using my phone this morning for 2hours plus, but looking at the battery stats its showing 2hrs plus since last charge.. I don't understand this anymore

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
suco01:
I noticed this too after the Android 10 update. My last charge was since yesterday night around 10pm yesterday but using my phone this morning for 2hours plus, but looking at the battery stats its showing 2hrs plus since last charge.. I don't understand this anymore
press and hold power button till the phone vibrates.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sinachi100: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lmao. Say na thank you sir.
I pity d guy life, e wey start fight e no fit finishgrin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:43am On Aug 15, 2020
enigma0:

Bros, forca bar§a

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 8:47am On Aug 15, 2020
suco01:
it counts by the time the phone was on, I think
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:48am On Aug 15, 2020
[quote author=Tiger2020 post=92837948][/quote]
you no dey shame.. laughing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:51am On Aug 15, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

you no dey shame..
laughing
why will i grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veramani31: 9:08am On Aug 15, 2020
anastasius:
Hello nobody ever answer me.
How do I set the data consumption reading of my phone to show reading like from the 10th day of the month instead of the regular 1st day?
Like today is 14, I bought data, I want my monthly reading to start from today instead of 1st of August. How do I go about it?

Just seeing this, you actually can set it

Settings>Sim Card and mobile network >Set Data plan>Data Plan>Usage Reset date

Let me know if you need something else. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 9:24am On Aug 15, 2020
queenfav:
I hate how d camera looks�..My eye is entering Mi note 10 or the lite version, that's my dream phone walahi.Who wan buy me phone dey use 35k phone when e buy since 2017,fear no gree me say na 180k phone i really want.
You could try and personally pad the budget to get those phones. They're worth it. I think the mi note 10 lite should be around 140k or so.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:29am On Aug 15, 2020
Tiger2020:
why will i grin grin
8 2 na..
even Barca president get shame..
you be plastic fan o..
laughing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:29am On Aug 15, 2020
Tiger2020:
why will i grin grin
8 2 na..
you be plastic fan o..
laughing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2020
anastasius:

6 minons liked this.
Then you people should stop harassing others to get Xiaomi when the support system is bad.
I didn't call anyone names, I only pointed out that you people act like gods when questions are asked. I'm beginning to think all these noise from all of you are marketing strategies.
You won, at least I bought one. I'm selling it off soon, cos even if transsoin devices are bad, I would be better off upgrading to Samsung n or HTC and the likes instead of allowing myself to be bullied into another chinko product of Xiaomi where the marketers called fans on Nairaland act like Jesus whenever questions are asked.
You can throw the phone into the lagoon bro... Just use the exit buttonundecided

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

8 2 na..

you be plastic fan o..

laughing
no be only plastic but rubber grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 9:54am On Aug 15, 2020
Mustiboy:
Poweramp has had a poor output since I updated to Android 10. I've even tried older versions, but the sound is still very distorted, with the vocals being louder than the bass.

And Mi Music equalizer doesn't even support bluetooth headphones.

What do I do now? Any viable options for me

Viper only works on rooted devices. I need a good equalizer for my bluetooth headphones.

Update your poweramp to the latest version.

I use miui 12 (ie latest android) and my poweramp works flawlessly as before.

The
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2020
anastasius:

6 minons liked this.

This is uncalled for na.

He pointed ur last flaw out to you politely and all you could do is to add more. It's doesn't add more ego to the one you already have when you go about insulting people in a faceless forum.

I think you should apologize to everyone here.

I so much love that Techmaster092 dat came out to apologize irrespective of who is right or wrong. That's how you know a rational being.

For the record, I do not think anyone here forced or marketed Xiaomi devices to anyone except those in the Thread store. Cos I wasn't forced into buying mine.

Lemme throw in a lil sarcasm here, it bores down to how u process it. You can sell your device if you choose to, one thing is certain. No one here will mourn ur selling the device.

Do have a nice day ahead.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 10:21am On Aug 15, 2020
Was it macbeyland or someone here Sha..came to laud the K30's display some time back and that it even feels like AMOLED ...This article here even says that it has a better brightness than some AMOLED screen....So I guess Baba was right

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 10:26am On Aug 15, 2020
losdiose:

For the record, I do not think anyone here forced or marketed Xiaomi devices to anyone except those in the Thread store. Cos I wasn't forced into buying mine.
the above can never be overemphasized.
for me:
1. I use my fero phone to access the phone thread on nairaland a lot and the growth of the Xiaomi thread caught my attention.
2. I opened the thread and saw that the pros of the Xiaomi brand outweigh the cons.
3. I decided to try it out, prepared, withdrew some cash and went straight to raya stores all by myself... I don't recall anyone forcing me to do anything against my will.
let's learn to take responsibilities for our actions instead of blaming others.

18 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chimoski87(m): 10:32am On Aug 15, 2020
Pls, i trying to update my Redmi 8 but am stuck on this 83% for over an hour now. Who knows a way out to continue the update without it starting all over? I have switched off data several times and equally switched on airplane mode hoping to remedy this issue but it's not working out.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2020
Chimoski87:
Pls, i trying to update my Redmi 8 but am stuck on this 83% for over an hour now. Who knows a way out to continue the update without it starting all over? I have switched off data several times and equally switched on airplane mode hoping to remedy this issue but it's not working out.

I don't think it will resume. I recommend you download the recovery ROM and flash. Unstable network tends to cause this. Happened to me once on the RN7 A10 upgrade.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jameek(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2020
anastasius:

6 minons liked this.

The above response wasn't to me, but I'd like to politely chip in.
Emphasis placed on some parts of your comment.
My question: Did they hold a gun to your head?
My advice: Have a mind of your own. Please don't come up with funny excuses that you allowed yourself to be bullied or harassed into doing something which you ordinarily would not do.

veramani31:

@veramani31, thank you for giving him such a brief and helpful response. Calling people minions or whatever was very unnecessary.

My next few lines would be to a number of persons who keep insulting or using derogatory words here. Most of us are silent readers, but we observe almost everything (in our free time).

Firstly to those who feel attacked by lovers of Xiaomi whenever they ask questions. Such persons feel most lovers of Xiaomi on this thread have horrible manner of approach. If that's your belief, then why do you all keep coming back to ask questions and seek help IF you believe you won't be treated fairly? I don't get.

Why keep going back to a place where you know that you would only get pissed? Because you'd eventually get a solution to your queries, right? Good and fine, take the solutions and leave without resorting to name-calling or online brawls.

You must not respond to everything. Sometimes, it seems some persons just enjoy coming here with a mission to cause troubles.

Secondly, to the lovers of Xiaomi... Please anyone who feels he/she can't politely respond to questions being asked here without being rude need not even post a response.
I mean those who tend to be quick to fire back (and yes, some are here), if you feel anyone is here to disturb the peace, just ignore, don't respond. If you do, you glorify them and the back-to-back bashing starts.

There are folks here who have been offering very helpful solutions to others, don't let your terrible responses make others rubbish the efforts of the good ones.

Finally, with that said, I believe it's clear that I am neither in support of anyone (whether a solution seeker or a solution giver) being rude.
LEARN TO WALK AWAY!

24 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 10:49am On Aug 15, 2020
Mark9854:

the above can never be overemphasized.
for me:
1. I use my fero phone to access the phone thread on nairaland a lot and the growth of the Xiaomi thread caught my attention.
2. I opened the thread and saw that the pros of the Xiaomi brand outweigh the cons.
3. I decided to try it out, prepared, withdrew some cash and went straight to raya stores all by myself... I don't recall anyone forcing me to do anything against my will.
let's learn to take responsibilities for our actions instead of blaming others.

Real statements bro

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2020
Jameek:

The above response wasn't to me, but I'd like to politely chip in.
Emphasis placed on some parts of your comment.
My question: Did they hold a gun to your head?
My advice: Have a mind of your own. Please don't come up with funny excuses that you allowed yourself to be bullied or harassed into doing something which you ordinary would not do.

@veramani31, thank you for giving him such a brief and helpful response. Calling people minions or whatever was very unnecessary.

My next few lines would be to a number of persons who keep insulting or using derogatory words here. Most of us are silent readers, but we observe almost everything (in our free time).

Firstly to those who feel attacked by lovers of Xiaomi whenever they ask questions. Such persons feel most lovers of Xiaomi on this thread have horrible manner of approach. If that's your belief, then why do you all keep coming back to ask questions and seek help IF you believe you won't be treated fairly? I don't get.

Why keep going back to a place where you know that you would only get pissed? Because you'd eventually get a solution to your queries, right? Good and fine, take the solutions and leave without resorting to name-calling or online brawls.

You must not respond to everything. Sometimes, it seems some persons just enjoy coming here with a mission to cause troubles.

Secondly, to the lovers of Xiaomi... Please anyone who feels he/she can't politely respond to questions being asked here without being rude need not even post a response.
I mean those who tend to be quick to fire back (and yes, some are here), if you feel anyone is here to disturb the peace, just ignore, don't respond. If you do, you glorify them and the back-to-back bashing starts.

There are folks here who have been offering very helpful solutions to others, don't let your terrible responses make others rubbish the efforts of the good ones.

Finally, with that said, I believe it's clear that I am neither in support of anyone (whether a solution seeker or a solution giver) being rude.
LEARN TO WALK AWAY!
God bless ye
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2020
losdiose:

This is uncalled for na.

He pointed ur last flaw out to you politely and all you could do is to add more. It's doesn't add more ego to the one you already have when you go about insulting people in a faceless forum.

I think you should apologize to everyone here.

I so much love that Techmaster092 dat came out to apologize irrespective of who is right or wrong. That's how you know a rational being.

Lemme throw in a lil sarcasm here, it bores down to how u process it. You can sell your device if you choose to, one thing is certain. No one here will mourn ur selling the device.

Do have a nice day ahead.
You try to sound modest but you indeed your sausiness is loud to the deaf. I won't take such person seriously.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2020
micxwell:

You can throw the phone into the lagoon bro... Just use the exit buttonundecided
I'm not your bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2020
veramani31:

Thanks, God bless you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2020
Nonsoco80:
Sell it and stop disturbing people here. They don dey go one by one.
Come and buy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2020
explosiveskull:

Thank God, now we can rest. Hallelujah somebody .
Amen somebody
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2020
lanre316:

Update your poweramp to the latest version.

I use miui 12 (ie latest android) and my poweramp works flawlessly as before.

The

I've used the latest and previous versions. Still the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7712) (7713) (7714) (7715) (7716) (7717) (7718) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.