Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9170498 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9225) (9226) (9227) (9228) (9229) (9230) (9231) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donkaz(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
Please who knows how to stop that rotation sign at the bottom left end of my screen from showing whenever I turn my phone? It started after upgrading to MIUI 14

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
ifymorena:
My Redmi 9t develop a problem last week, the battery life would be at 65 and it will just off and it will just keep coming on and going off till you plug in charger.... The battery is not the problem sha but I don't know what is wrong

Who says your battery is not the problem?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifymorena(f): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
genius43:

Who says your battery is not the problem?
someone told me it's a common problem with most redmi 9t
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grudges: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
genius43:

That version was halted
I see, thats why when I downloaded it from miui downloader its refuse to install. thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
ifymorena:

If this is a deadboot issue it would come on once it goes off. But what do I know.

So it can be a battery problem or a deadboot issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
Igemburg:

Difficult to know tho, but if you are buying iphone from someone, ask for the person means of ID or anything that can show that his name correspond with the one on the icloud, ask him to sign out.

He should sign out of every account including itunes if available on the phone. Keep the ID and ask him to write an undertaking, then ask him to wipe the phone ( but ask him if the phone is network unlock or network bypassed. If it's network bypassed and he wipe it, it will lock again and that will be an issues as you will not want to buy again and he won't be happy after going through all that stress, although most iphone users don't know if their phone is network bypassed and the bypass is not working again for iphones unless they use chip).

Although iphone deal is very tricky, some are stolen at gun point and they will be asked to logout of the phone. I have seen a situation whereby a guy stole his friends iphone, he knew his friends icloud password, logout and sold it, it was when the friend track the phone with help of police, they trace it to the person using it, and the person using it bought it from a dealer that the thief sold it to, both the dealer and the new user paid good money to bail themselves. So it's kind of tricky jare. That's all I can say about iphone for now.
In short; just buy a new one if you have the means cry.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaquemyc: 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
ifymorena:
Go and change your battery. Deadboot is different from what you described there. I'm using a 9t btw
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifymorena(f): 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
blaquemyc:
Go and change your battery. Deadboot is different from what you described there. I'm using a 9t btw
How person wan see the battery, the phone was discontinued

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaquemyc: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
ifymorena:
How person wan see the battery, the phone was discontinued
Parts are still available. Ask around

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seaboyzen: 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
Donkaz:
Please who knows how to stop that rotation sign at the bottom left end of my screen from showing whenever I turn my phone? It started after upgrading to MIUI 14
android 13 features
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donkaz(m): 10:34am On Aug 29, 2023
seaboyzen:
android 13 features

So it cannot be removed?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seaboyzen: 11:47am On Aug 29, 2023
Donkaz:

So it cannot be removed?
Maybe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donkaz(m): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2023
seaboyzen:

Maybe

Thank you.

It is really annoying there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Amex2018: 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2023
Please someone suggest a good phone i can buy with a budget of 120-130k.

My redmi note 9s just stopped working.

Highly appreciates your inputs and recommendation. I stay in Lagos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SyncForth: 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2023
It's more annoying when you're using gesture I think.
Donkaz:

Thank you.

It is really annoying there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by geezynoni: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2023
Amex2018:

Is the screen good, abeg com sell d screen to me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by geezynoni: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2023
Lorbar:
Hello people.

My dads redmi note 9s suddenly went off, gave a phone repairer and he was told that the motherboard is damaged/expired. Does redmi motherboard expires?

If no, can anyone please recommend a phone repairer that can fix it? Location is Lagos.

Thanks all.

Were u able to repair? Com sell the screen to me abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2023
Amex2018:

Just know you won't find a new phone with a better performance than your old one at that price.

Redmi Note 12 is probably your best option

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Amex2018: 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2023
Update:
Just this evening after returning from work, lo and behold, I powered it on and it came on. And since then it has been working perfectly okay.

I initially took the phone to a repairer to help me change the battery. He told me all the batteries he used couldn't power the phone on. This made me lost every iota of hope I had on the phone.

With this one, I am a bit confused on what to do. Whether to continue managing it or take it for proper repair or buy another.

Please someone should recommend a good place in Lagos I can take this for repair. Honestly I don't want to change this phone now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zanjorrg(m): 7:32am On Aug 30, 2023
Good morning great men and woman in the house, please my GF redmi 9t just off and all attempts to on it either thru hard reset or normal had yielded no result.

Who knows what could cause this and how would I repair it

Pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:38am On Aug 30, 2023
zanjorrg:
Good morning great men and woman in the house, please my GF redmi 9t just off and all attempts to on it either thru hard reset or normal had yielded no result.

Pls

This one is most likely deadboot.

Contact Igemburg if you are in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zanjorrg(m): 8:06am On Aug 30, 2023
genius43:

Thanks boss, I'm in Lagos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaquemyc: 8:22am On Aug 30, 2023
zanjorrg:

Pls
Deadboot. Look for a rubber band or cellotape. Press down the power button and use the band or tape to keep the power button pressed down. Leave the phone for like 5 to 6 hours then remove the rubber. Now attempt to power on your 📱 it should turn on.
Alternatively, if you have the know how/equipment, open the phone and unclip the battery, test the battery with your tongue like we do to these small torchlight phones to see if the battery still has charge, clip it back and power it on. This is the method I now use anytime I experience deadboot as I can't afford to wait for hours again. Fyi, I reboot my phone every 24 hours so I occasionally encounter deadboot. Both methods have not failed me before but non might work for you. Just give it a shot and see. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fuckboys: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2023
Donkaz:
android 13 features, cannot be turned off.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by profoslan(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ogas in house, please how do I disable proximity sensors on redmi 9, whenever call comes in, the screen goes black, sometimes when I play voice note on WhatsApp. It goes black too and it's very frustrating.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zanjorrg(m): 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
blaquemyc:
Deadboot. Look for a rubber band or cellotape. Press down the power button and use the band or tape to keep the power button pressed down. Leave the phone for like 5 to 6 hours then remove the rubber. Now attempt to power on your 📱 it should turn on.
Alternatively, if you have the know how/equipment, open the phone and unclip the battery, test the battery with your tongue like we do to these small torchlight phones to see if the battery still has charge, clip it back and power it on. This is the method I now use anytime I experience deadboot as I can't afford to wait for hours again. Fyi, I reboot my phone every 24 hours so I occasionally encounter deadboot. Both methods have not failed me before but non might work for you. Just give it a shot and see. Good luck

I will check the first method as it doesn't imply hardware touch
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Karimalism05(m): 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
Meister:

Just know you won't find a new phone with a better performance than your old one at that price.

Redmi Note 12 is probably your best option
Good evening boss
Please I'll like you to any android phone that is very good and not more than 250k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Karimalism05(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
genius43:

Good evening boss
Please I'll like you to any android phone that is very good and not more than 250k for me.
Thank you in advance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Karimalism05(m): 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2023
[quote author=atheistandproud post=125347508]I balance read thread looking for some quarrel or where person take drag mod. I no see anything. So why did they lock the thread?
Good evening boss
Please I'll like you to any android phone that is very good and not more than 250k for me.
Thank you in advance.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Karimalism05(m): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2023
atheistandproud:
I balance read thread looking for some quarrel or where person take drag mod. I no see anything. So why did they lock the thread?

This thread along with the ones I created are the only sane threads on NL. If this thread goes, the phone section dies. You would think that Nairaland and its management would use common sense when addressing issues concerning this thread. Mtcheew.

Good evening boss
Please I'll like you to any android phone that is very good and not more than 250k for me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thazard(m): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
genius43:

Hello genius43

Please I know you have been asked such questions over and over again but please answer me.

Which Xiaomi or Redmi phone with curved screen is the cheapest out there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9225) (9226) (9227) (9228) (9229) (9230) (9231) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.