Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9179550 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9226) (9227) (9228) (9229) (9230) (9231) (9232) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by geezynoni: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
Amex2018:
Update:
Just this evening after returning from work, lo and behold, I powered it on and it came on. And since then it has been working perfectly okay.

I initially took the phone to a repairer to help me change the battery. He told me all the batteries he used couldn't power the phone on. This made me lost every iota of hope I had on the phone.

With this one, I am a bit confused on what to do. Whether to continue managing it or take it for proper repair or buy another.

Please someone should recommend a good place in Lagos I can take this for repair. Honestly I don't want to change this phone now.

What happened to it again. Comman sell ur screen to me biko, my rn9s don get screen p.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
Usmanzy:
I a

No adverts here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
Karimalism05:

Good evening boss
Please I'll like you to any android phone that is very good and not more than 250k for me.
Thank you in advance

Look for either Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G, Samsung A34 or if you can add 50k I would suggest the Poco F5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
Thazard:

Hello genius43

Please I know you have been asked such questions over and over again but please answer me.

Which Xiaomi or Redmi phone with curved screen is the cheapest out there?

No Redmi with curved screen.

And currently curved screens are found on the flagships.

So this year Xiaomi 13 Pro and 13 Ultra.

Last year Xiaomi 12x, 12 Pro and 12 have curved screens. And they are not cheap.

And it also depends on your definition of cheap

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrifindorHouse(m): 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
genius43:

Look for either Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G, Samsung A34 or if you can add 50k I would suggest the Poco F5

Please What's your take on the Poco F5, I'm considering getting it or Pixel 7.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
@genius and others,
Am having issues with Truecaller.
I have been using the app for a long time now but recently when I receive a call, the phone will be ringing but it won't display the caller on my phone (RN10s).
My phone is up to date.
The Truecaller is also up to date.
Please what is the possible cause and solution.
Thanks for your reply
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:54pm On Aug 30, 2023
Karimalism05:

Good evening boss
Please I'll like you to any android phone that is very good and not more than 250k

Brand new ? At this moment I don't even know any 250k good phone tbh

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Naanlong01: 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
Naanlong01:

Bros abeg which one be firmware?

Thank you and God bless you sir. My phone is now working normal after following your advice, though only the apps were updated, as for the MIUI, it's requesting 3.3gig, would you advice that I still do the MIUI update even though the phone is fine now.? My fear about that is that some people have complained of issues that weren't there but suddenly showed up after updating MIUI.
Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 11:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
really? pixel 6a isn't good?
Meister:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:56am On Aug 31, 2023
GrifindorHouse:

Please What's your take on the Poco F5, I'm considering getting it or Pixel 7.

It is okay in my perspective but if the choice is between it and pixel 7 and you can afford the 7 then go for it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:57am On Aug 31, 2023
Mfunkynation:
@genius and others,
Am having issues with Truecaller.
I have been using the app for a long time now but recently when I receive a call, the phone will be ringing but it won't display the caller on my phone (RN10s).
My phone is up to date.
The Truecaller is also up to date.
Please what is the possible cause and solution.
Thanks for your reply

I don't use truecaller
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Karimalism05(m): 6:20am On Aug 31, 2023
genius43:

Thank u so much boss.
I'll go for the Redmi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Karimalism05(m): 6:22am On Aug 31, 2023
Meister:

Yes brand new. I have decided to go for Redmi Note 12 Pro 5g
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Solanaa: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2023
Hi guys, My Gcam camera comes out perfect, Like the picctures are so wonderful but the only problem I have is that when you are on the camera mode (That is the camera mode display before you take the pictures), It is blur!!! . (portrait and other modes are better)

Although when the picture is taken, It is very bright and clear.

Is it normal for everyone or am I the only one who is noticing it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 31, 2023
Please how do I fix my Redmi note 9s volume going up automatically who has it happened to it is disturbing me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 31, 2023
Greetings house, how do I stop my Redmi note 9s volume going up automatically. It's disturbing me from studying for my exam. It stops n continues after some time even when I increase d volume up a bit it starts again

Please I need help and I will be reading comments abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Solanaa:
Hi guys, My Gcam camera comes out perfect, Like the picctures are so wonderful but the only problem I have is that when you are on the camera mode (That is the camera mode display before you take the pictures), It is blur!!! . (portrait and other modes are better)

Although when the picture is taken, It is very bright and clear.
You're not the only one, I had one good one before I formatted my phone. Then I downloaded the one I'm using now and I notice what you're saying.

Is it normal for everyone or am I the only one who is noticing it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Amex2018: 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
hello everyone.

How can a 15secs videos be using 53MB on my redmi note 9s. Please what settings should i adjust.
This is quite ridiculous
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Solanaa: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
Japaperson:
Greetings house, how do I stop my Redmi note 9s volume going up automatically. It's disturbing me from studying for my exam. It stops n continues after some time even when I increase d volume up a bit it starts again

Please I need help and I will be reading comments abeg

I think ur phone has software issues, Download button mapper on playstore and alter some settings. Maybe tap twice for volume button up to work.

You can also try ridiculous one like hiting the button hard on a table, very Funny but it worked for me then I went ahead to unistall the button mapper.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Solanaa: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2023
[quote author=23jerryking post=125485630][/quote]

??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2023
gsparks01:
really? pixel 6a isn't good?

Well I've not seen the brand new in a minute
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Merovi: 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
23jerryking:
Guys please I need original redmi 10 C battery.
My phone has been overheating and battery is dropping rapidly. It started yesterday after I connected my phone to one wall socket (my extension got burnt). I got a new one today and recharged my phone but the overheating and dropping continues.

Do you upgrade your 10c? If yes smh
Redmi 10c is like redmi 7 when it comes to upgrade. Once you do you don fuckup be that. No matter the ba3 you change it can't last much longer. But na luck sha

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 5:58am On Sep 01, 2023
Merovi:

Do you upgrade your 10c? If yes smh
Redmi 10c is like redmi 7 when it comes to upgrade. Once you do you don fuckup be that. No matter the ba3 you change it can't last much longer. But na luck sha
But I've used the Android 13 update for long before this issue started. It happened when I plugged my phone to one wall socket like that, even the socket was so hot that night. That was how my battery starting overheating and misbehaving since then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:50am On Sep 01, 2023
Amex2018:
hello everyone.

How can a 15secs videos be using 53MB on my redmi note 9s. Please what settings should i adjust.
This is quite ridiculous

Check the resolution quality you are recording at. The larger the resolution. The larger the size.

If you are bold to record at 4K don't complain about size because that is how it is.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:52am On Sep 01, 2023
Karimalism05:

Thank u so much boss.
I'll go for the Redmi.

The pixel 6A is another option like someone mentioned.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Merovi: 11:24am On Sep 01, 2023
23jerryking:
But I've used the Android 13 update for long before this issue started. It happened when I plugged my phone to one wall socket like that, even the socket was so hot that night. That was how my battery starting overheating and misbehaving since then.

Ask this man for ba3 if you dey Lagos but he can also waybill to your city

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2023
Merovi:

Ask this man for ba3 if you dey Lagos but he can also waybill to your city
Thanks so much bro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shegsman58(m): 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
Pls guys, which good phone can i buy within the 70 to 80k range. Not a fan of itel and tecno
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oyaskii(m): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2023
shegsman58:
Pls guys, which good phone can i buy within the 70 to 80k range.
Not a fan of itel and tecno
Redmi 12C. Or if you a fan of second devices, you can get decent deals on 2nd good Redmi mid rangers from years past around that price Mark
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by I8id(m): 12:12am On Sep 02, 2023
Is there any possible means of moving obb and data files successfully to internal storage on android 13 now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eawwal(m): 8:10am On Sep 02, 2023
Good morning

I have a Redmi 8 phone that I use as my secondary device. Although the phone is in good condition, a few weeks ago, it suddenly lost network connectivity. I sought assistance from three different engineers, but none of them were able to repair it. What can I do next to address this issue?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 8:42am On Sep 02, 2023
I8id:
Is there any possible means of moving obb and data files successfully to internal storage on android 13 now?
Yes, there is!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9226) (9227) (9228) (9229) (9230) (9231) (9232) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.