Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) (35110 Views)

Pastor Contracted Me To Get A Virgin For Ritual Purposes —suspect (photo) / Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) / We Impersonated Soldiers, Policemen, Says Suspect (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Islie: 9:56am On May 09, 2016
A suspected armed robber, Taofeek Lamidi, has told the police in Oyo State how he attacked a female trader with a machete and robbed her of N23,500. Lamidi of Ile Epo, Isale Oyo in Oyo town, who was earlier convicted for rape, was released from prison on February 1. But about three months later, he became a guest of the police along with 18 others linked to various criminal offences.

The state Police Commissioner, Mr Leye Oyebade, told journalists that on April 12 Lamidi accosted a woman, Fasilat Asimiyu, in Oyo town and proposed to befriend her in order to advance his criminal intent through her.

The suspect, while speaking with our correspondent, corroborated the commissioner’s statement when he said that he met the woman and proposed to her. According to him, the woman said she was living at Jamoosan Compound around Kanga area of Oyo town, but would not want him to visit her there.

The 41-year-old suspect said he was pushed to the idea of befriending Fasilat because his wife had died before he returned from prison and there was no one to take care of his children. He said:
“When I met this woman and proposed friendship to her, she said I could not come to her place at Kanga, but that she would be going to the Omooba Market at Iwo town the following day.

She said I could come and meet her there. “On April 23, I went to Omooba Market on a friend’s motorcycle and met her sitting down while selling kerosene and black market petrol.

I told her again that I wanted her to be my woman-friend and she agreed, but said that she needed money to boost her trade. “I told her I didn’t have money either, but that if I could see any of the traders who had money, I could snatch it for the benefit of both of us.

I told her, however, that I didn’t have any weapon to use, and she suggested a small ma ch e t e. When I said that I didn’t have money to buy one, she offered me N1,000 to buy it.

“A few days later, I borrowed the motorcycle of a friend of mine and went to Omooba Market. I was there around 7:30am and this woman welcomed me and I sat close to her at her shop till about 10am, trying to identify any trader who would have sold and made money to be transported back to Oyo.” Though, Fasilat denied having any such agreement with Lamidi.

She said: “I only discussed with him that he was wasting his time staying so long when petrol was very scarce and that he could be making cool money in Oyo if he had stayed there plying his business.”

But the suspect insisted that the woman was the one who eventually got a female trader for him while another one joined and they set off on the motorcycle, popularly called “Okada”.

He added: “On our way, I stopped at a point and brought out the machete I had bought from the N1,000 this woman gave me. I told the trader Fasilat got for me that it was her money that I wanted to collect, but she started arguing with me. So, I attacked her with the machete on her left shoulder and left thigh.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/lover-gave-money-weapon-says-suspect/

Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by zico530(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2016
Robbing with matchet? This one na learner. By the way that woman should be drilled. Her face and the guy's face are identical.

1 Like

Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Massdamm(m): 10:07am On May 09, 2016
Confarm learner
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 10:16am On May 09, 2016
Why is he still stealing? I thought Buhari has signed the budget gringrin

Meanwhile... See my signature grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:30am On May 09, 2016
Now you and your lover can go and enjoy your loot in prison.
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 11:55am On May 09, 2016
Kai! Another disappointment. Anywayz, NCAN - Moskow branch is off duty today. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Dripy(m): 11:56am On May 09, 2016
Very well; name checkers oya.

On a serious note, given that poverty is rife and unemployment rate leaves much to be desired, robbery of any form is a no-no. Instead of stealing, engage in something no matter how small.

After my NYSC, I needed money very badly to attend a burial but none was forth-coming so I had no option than to go to a building site, offered my services and made some money. I had some bad guys who were into crime and making cool cash but I passed. Some of them now are on the run and some are in.

Bottom line: crime does not pay; you will get caught someday.

12 Likes

Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by brunofarad(m): 11:56am On May 09, 2016
shocked
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by youngberry001(m): 11:56am On May 09, 2016
Huh nah so cry
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by RichYoungNigga: 11:57am On May 09, 2016
Came to check names.
I wasn't disappointed

3 Likes

Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by OsusuMustFlow(f): 11:58am On May 09, 2016
end time love
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by fingard02k(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2016
This is pure benin love.

Check my signature
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 09, 2016
Osusumustflow, what does ur moniker mean?
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by izzou(m): 12:00pm On May 09, 2016
is that his mother or his lover?

hehehehehehehehehehehhe
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by onosprince(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2016
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by measideyhere(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2016
the ladies face is that of someone terribly evil or so sure of her innocence...see composure like, abeg do make i comot here.
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by habss: 12:01pm On May 09, 2016
99 days for d thief one day for d owner
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by segneyukk(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2016
Lol! Lover boy.
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by TenPassfour(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2016
Honestly I don't know who to blame now. The Governement or the people.
Naija my country.
#TeamThinkForMe
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by greggng: 12:02pm On May 09, 2016
Me so much like women that motivates there men. From matchet he will graduate to gun
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by OsusuMustFlow(f): 12:02pm On May 09, 2016
money must come either by crook or anyhow. grin grin

MondeLuv:
Osusumustflow, what does ur moniker mean?
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Sweetcollins: 12:02pm On May 09, 2016
Contribute harder...the tough alone survives
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Sweetcollins: 12:02pm On May 09, 2016
Contry hard...the tough alone survives d economy legitly
Be tough
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by jaygem(m): 12:03pm On May 09, 2016
Taofeek Lamidi why?
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Sweetcollins: 12:04pm On May 09, 2016
Contry hard...the tough alone survives
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by olamds(m): 12:05pm On May 09, 2016
Wat kind luv be ds.......he is heartless to av ratcheted an inocent person.......what of if she dies.......he wl nw say naa DEVIL....
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by jeje123(m): 12:06pm On May 09, 2016
So if ur lover ask u to jump into ocean can u?

1 Like

Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Adeniyi077(m): 12:06pm On May 09, 2016
The love of money is the root of all evil...

You used a matchet on someone? A woman for God's sake!

Since you were so lazy to work, what happened to bet9ja! Fools been dying since year 001 BC.

1 Like

Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by petux(m): 12:06pm On May 09, 2016
meanwhile check my siqnature
Re: My Lover Gave Me Money For Weapon, Says Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 09, 2016
Adeniyi077:
T

Spacebooker of Life. I hail o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Doka Avong, Kaduna, Kill 6 People, Many Declared Missing / Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents / Robbers Rape Newly-wed In Lagos After Attacking Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.