Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) (73600 Views)

'I Need Only ATM Card Code To Empty Victim’s Account’ - Suspect (photo) / Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo / Pastor Contracted Me To Get A Virgin For Ritual Purposes —suspect (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by ijustdey: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2016
See earlier thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3393315/woman-plots-kill-husband-lagos

I’m a frustrated wife, says Woman who paid assassins N500,000 to kill husband

By Evelyn Usman

LAGOS— A 41-year-old woman, who was arrested by policemen attached to Area ‘J’ Command, Ajah, Lagos State, for allegedly hiring assassins to kill her husband of 14 years over a disagreement which led to their separation, has said she was a frustrated housewife but that she only sent the thugs to beat him.

The suspect, Mrs. Chika Orji, was arrested following a confessional statement by one of the suspected assassins, Bright Ikechukwu, who was arrested while attempting to break into Mr. Orji’s apartment at Jakande Estate, Ajah.

During preliminary investigation, it was discovered that one of those hired for the botched assassination was a carpenter, identified as Ekene, who usually worked for Mr. Orji.

During interrogation, Mrs Orji, a mother of four, denied sending thugs to kill her husband. Rather, she stated that she only told them to beat him, to teach him a lesson for always beating her.

According to her, “we got married 14 years ago and are blessed with three daughters and a son. All of a sudden, my husband became a wife beater. He would beat me, leaving me with swollen face and would also threaten to kill me.

“He chased me out of the house three years ago. I made several efforts to get my children back, part of which was to report him to human rights offices for settlement.

But he did not honour any of the invitations. Both families have made attempts to settle us, but he would not listen.

“He was served with a court warrant over the issue, but he also refused to show up. Along the line, he sold the house we both built for N85 million, but never gave me any dime.

“He also stopped our children from visiting me and any attempt to see them always resulted in beating. Out of frustration, I told Ekene, our carpenter, to beat him up. I did not pay him or hire anyone to kill him. I am a frustrated woman and I am sorry for everything.”

‘ She paid us to kill him’

However, the arrested suspect, Bright Ikechukwu, insisted that he was contracted by Ekene to kill Mr. Orji, on the instructions of his estranged wife.

Ikechukwu, a plumber, disclosed that he travelled all the way from Delta State to carry out the operation, with another thug whose name he gave simply as Samuel.
According to him, “I live in Ogwuashi-Ukwu, Delta State. My friend, Ekene, said he had a job for me. This was three weeks ago. I hurriedly came to Lagos and stayed with him in Ajah, where I met another of his friend, Samuel.

“He told us that Madam Chika promised him N500,000 to kill her husband.

Thereafter, he told Samuel to take me to Mr. Orji’s house, to identify the target. We went there and hid inside a tricycle, waiting for Mr. Orji, who we were told always came to open the gate himself whenever he was returning home.

“But on that day, it was his daughter that opened the gate. We went back the next day, yet it was his daughter that opened the gate again.

“By the time we went the third day, it was Mr Orji that opened the gate himself. The plan was to rush to him and stab him eight times in the chest, rib and neck. But Samuel, who was supposed to stab him, went to buy cigarette and by the time he came back, our target had gone inside and shut the gate.

“Out of frustration, I went back home and told Ekene to give me my own share of the money that I was going home. But he stated that Madam Chika would only pay after the job was done. I decided to go to Mr. Orji’s apartment to steal instead, to get some money to go back to Delta State.

“But as I was trying to jump through the fence, somebody raised alarm which attracted members of a vigilante in the area, who apprehended me. I had to open up when they almost killed me.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/im-frustrated-wife-says-woman-paid-assassins-n500000-kill-husband/

Pics: Mrs Orji and Ikechukwu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Basildvalour(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2016
Piteous generation where a woman could wish the husband death and also make plans to make true her wish.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by tonaydo(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2016
hmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by amuokuko: 7:36am On Oct 19, 2016
Nwanyi Uwa Mmebi..

So u promised them 500k to go nd beat up ur husband

I am very sure when she made that statement, devil exclaimed "Jesus is Lord"...

Madam Chika konntinew...

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by oglalasioux(m): 7:39am On Oct 19, 2016
Marriage is as false as religion.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by kachimighty0000: 7:53am On Oct 19, 2016
wen God is with u....no harm can come ur way
Mr orji, God has indeed show u mercy

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by 2el(m): 7:55am On Oct 19, 2016
wonder shall never end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by EHMIR(m): 8:03am On Oct 19, 2016
Name:mrs chika orji. Flat head extract

Crime;hires another flat head to kill her ex-husband, mr orji a chronic and unrepentant wife beater.

Having checked and cross checked the names properly,we came to a conclusion,that the ever industrious nd hard working ugwu exporters nd crimes like dis are synonymous...

All characters involved in this crime,are of the flat head extract.

NCA,konduga maiduguri

200 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by zinachidi(m): 8:05am On Oct 19, 2016
which story should we now believe? The woman's or the assassin's?
Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by zinachidi(m): 8:06am On Oct 19, 2016
EHMIR:

Crime;hires another flat head to kill her ex-husband, mr orji a chronic and unrepentant wife beater.

Having checked and cross checked the names properly,we came to a conclusion,that the ever industrious nd hard working ugwu exporters nd crimes like dis are synonymous...

NCA,konduga maiduguri
u need help.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by obinnashady(m): 8:08am On Oct 19, 2016
EHMIR:

NCA,konduga maiduguri
close your smelly mouth and gworo stained teeth.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by EHMIR(m): 8:12am On Oct 19, 2016
obinnashady:
[s]close your smelly mouth and gworo stained teeth[/s].

Mayday! Mayday!!

Igbo sightedgrin

143 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2016
Just imagine !!!

4 Likes

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by qualityovenbake(m): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
She's a disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by veekid(m): 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
End time woman

5 Likes

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Horlorlardaey: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
choi

end time woman

2 Likes

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by YourNemesis: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
See face .....
Is she an Osu refugee?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
This government sef embarassed

"Along the line, he sold the house we both built for N85 million, but never gave me any dime." That was the cause of the planned assassination. shocked

That means he wasn't killed undecided

**Ikenga, my son, when you grow up, learn how to stay with your wife...just in case, lets leave the thread..now, it rained yesterday and hopefully snake stories would make it to front page grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by casttlebarbz(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
F,..for failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Taryur3(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
may God spare us from this type of woman....she would have cried most if the deed was done.shior....

6 Likes

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Paragoon: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hmmmmmm...For better...for worse!

1 Like

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
end time wife endtime kindnapper.. lastly end time husband

4 Likes

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by kennyjam: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
Abeg una, bad news don do for today. check the trends... not encouraging at all.

1 Like

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
The suspect, Mrs. Chika Orji,

One of the suspected assassins, Bright Ikechukwu,

one of those hired for the botched assassination was a carpenter, identified as Ekene,

Madam Chika promised him N500,000 to kill her husband

When I maintained these people's conscience can be silenced with money, many thought I was being hateful.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by sukkot: 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
alaigbo on frontpage again. walahi today is alaigbo vice day on FP

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Exponental(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
Attempted murder!
Attempted Assault!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by southernbelle(f): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
Thank God the plans failed, how can she say she sent them to only beat him up? What if they had inflicted deadly injuries while they were beating him and he died from them, isn't she still responsible for his death?

I don't believe her side of the story, she wanted him dead for obvious reasons.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
I did not think of anything when I saw the names.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Lentafy: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
to think they once claimed to love eachother, smh, I don't even know what to say

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) by olutosfem(f): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
Even if you're frustrated u should never think of killing the father of your children. Obinrin bimo fun ni ko ni ko ma pani. Obinrin so iwa nu o ni ohun o Lori oko and some men too can be wicked sha. God help us

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Grinding Machine Cuts Off The Head Of A Lady In Kebbi (Graphic Photos) / EFCC Arrests 15 Yahoo Boys In Lagos; Charms, Cars, SIM Cards, Coffins Recovered / Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.