Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Former Mexican President Apologizes To Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former Mexican President Apologizes To Trump (415 Views)

Mexican Woman Returns Her US Visa In Protest At Trump / Mexican President Makes Shocking Announcement, Concedes Trump Has WON / US Election 2016: Donald Trump To Visit Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Mexican President Apologizes To Trump by stanech: 10:28am On May 09, 2016
SANTA MONICA, California — During an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, former Mexican President Vicente Fox apologized Wednesday for the vulgar language he has used regarding GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s proposal to build a wall along the southern border and invited the likely Republican nominee to Mexico to see the border from the other side.

Earlier this year, Fox said that he would not pay for Trump’s “f*cking wall,” and called Trump “Ignorant … crazy … egocentric … nasty … [a] false prophet.” Trump then called on Fox to apologize.

On Wednesday, he did so — in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News — and added that he wanted Trump to come to Mexico to see the border from the other side.

“I apologize. Forgiveness is one of the greatest qualities that human beings have, is the quality of a compassionate leader. You have to be humble. You have to be compassionate. You have to love thy neighbor,” Fox explained to Breitbart News while sitting in the hotel of the J.W. Marriott in Santa Monica, California on Wednesday afternoon.

“Love your nation. Love the world,” he added. “Yes, I’m humble enough as leadership be, [a] compassionate leader. If I offended you, I’m sorry. But what about the other way around?”

“I don’t think he should follow the strategy of attacking others, offending others, to get to his purpose. There are other ways and means of doing it,” Fox stressed, adding, “I invite him to come to Mexico and to see what Mexico is all about.”

Fox stressed the important trade ties the two countries have, noting that the U.S. benefits from Mexican labor and has much larger trade deficits with other countries.

He urged Trump to be more responsible, and suggested that he could help: “I can convince him to think intelligently” about trade and other issues, he explained.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/04/president-fox-apologizes-invites-trump-mexico/
Re: Former Mexican President Apologizes To Trump by orisa37: 10:33am On May 09, 2016
Trump is becoming better recognized.

1 Like

Re: Former Mexican President Apologizes To Trump by lekkie073(m): 10:53am On May 09, 2016
d trump card..

1 Like

Re: Former Mexican President Apologizes To Trump by lecturerdabo(m): 11:09am On May 09, 2016
This is how responsible statesmen behave! Unlike the Ota farm ...!!!

1 Like

Re: Former Mexican President Apologizes To Trump by queenoflafia(f): 11:13am On May 09, 2016
Trump is just being real.that is the mentality of an average white American

1 Like

Re: Former Mexican President Apologizes To Trump by stanech: 1:39pm On May 09, 2016
Those against Trump are just being foolish.

When the politicians (Both republicans and Democrats) and the corrupt media house (both fox and Cnn) are against a presidential candidate it means he is doing something right.

3 Likes

Re: Former Mexican President Apologizes To Trump by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:21pm On May 10, 2016
queenoflafia:
Trump is just being real.that is the mentality of an average white American

Interesting, not everyone knows this, as much as he is hated, the core white love him, the ones that really dislike blacks, dislike immigration wahala of allowing foreigners into their country the ones that dislike islam extremist and more, nice one babe

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uber Launches $100 Million Vehicle Access Initiative In Kenya / What Would Happen If 50 Armed Men Attacked The White House? / UK PM Cameron Says Will Step Down By October After Brexit Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.