Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business (26553 Views)

Starting A Bread Bakery Business / Bread Bakery Business / Regulatory Information For Establishment Of Bread Bakery Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by akataman: 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2009
Hi Nairalander,

Can somebody give me a clue how much is required to start a lucrative bread bakery biz.I have some thousands I received from loan.Please, can you advice or

Do you know of anyone who want to sell an existing bakery ? Please contact me on this forum.thanx
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by dinggle: 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2009
Bakery is a very good business, we had one when i was growing up as a boy that was in the early 80s.
Look for the association of Nigerian bakers nearest to where u are u might findout better information.
You wanna make sure ur oven runs on coal because electricity will bankrupt you. Ensure that u personally supervise the day to day activity. Install a smoke detector at all location of your bakery, cos in our case all our night shift workers once fell asleep making about 5 flour bags of baked bread burn to ashes we were lucky the building didnt burn down. So dont over look little mistakes from workers other wise it will come back to hunt u.
When employing workers ensure that u employ the best, if there are graduates applying for the job, pls take the graduates before SSCE holders, cos they have the tendency to be more careful due to the experience from college.
Make sure ur bread conforms with Nafdac requirement the Nigerian bakers association will give u the details.

Good thinking, Good luck!!!

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by akataman: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2009
Thanx dinggle ur response is highly commended.How abt the cost ? can u say anything abt a medium size bakery
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by duzz: 11:10am On Aug 17, 2009
send email at matheworama@gmail.com, I will forward to you the list of equipments you need and pricing
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by stardeejay2: 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hi, my email address is adesina.ayodeji@gmail.com. I will like to have the list of what I need to have,to start a bakery too. Thanks
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by babytejiri(m): 6:22am On Jan 02, 2016
poqwrr
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by godsgracealways: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2016
Starting a bakery is very good business. If you are thinking how much you can start wit. You may not get real answer to that. But I will advice you to get the knowledge first and see how you can start wit the money u have with you. First think you need is knowledge and think about how to start small and be unique. You can start with what you need.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by kingssmith(m): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
if you need professional help you cant get it right here, contact a consultant before you sink your little thousands, however bakery can take noting lesser than 400k to but together that is the lowest cost depending on your area and what you have on ground already. which also determine your ROI in sense that, the more efficient machinery/equipment you have the wilder your supplies.

As bakery rely on huge turnover to be in business. let me shock you, do you know that the profit margin on regular loaf is about 20%
if you are honest enough not use the likes of Potassium bromate to generate higher yield. below are the current categories bakery and the estimated cost.

traditional bakery (outdated) 500 k
modern bakery (with high facilities about 3mil)
hybrid bakery (this is bakery and confectionery/coffee shop etc 4.4)

so do your feasibility properly

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by gistcity(m): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2018
Start your bakery business with a well detailed business plan
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by Prestdude: 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
Starting your own bread bakery business plan can be very easy... https://www.ngbusiness.com.ng/bread-bakery/
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by konews: 4:58pm On May 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by Bestnigeriabusi(m): 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
Current Cost Of Starting A Bakery In Nigeria

For those who are considering starting a bakery business in Nigeria and are wondering what the cost might be, then you are welcome to this publication because we will be discussing that in detail. However, that you are reading this publication, means that you are probably considering going into the bakery industry and interested in knowing more about the bakery market as well. Like I insinuated earlier on, you are in the right place; on the right page; and yes, with the very right idea.

click the link for the full details >>> https://www.latestnigeriaprice.com.ng/current-cost-of-starting-a-bakery-in-nigeria/
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by nevplus(m): 12:36am On Dec 11, 2020
Time will not permit me to say it all.
Bakery is of two main category; local and modern.

To start local bakery, you need steam tube oven or locally fabricated gas oven, the former two bags capacity is 900k and the later one bag capacity is 300k.you need locally fabricated milling machine,200k.lister 200k, cutting table made of galvanized steel 25k, analog scale 4k, mixing bowl 5k.bread pan 30k for 100pcs. Nylon 150k for rubber stereo and printing of 10,000pcs. Just budget 900k

Modern bakery, this one is a different ball game, but you can open it in small package aka mini bakery, you need foreign deck oven 1.2m, it was 700k before but due to dollar, it is now 1.2m, that is for half bag(50 loaves) one bag is 2m. You need spiral mixer half bag 800k, though you might see tuknbo 500k, you need generator of minimum 15kva, and it must be three phase,which is 350k for china type 1115 imex or viking.digital scale 30k . Water chiller or freezer 75k.nylon and printing 150k.

For big mordern bakery, this one need moneyoooo, no be moi moi, hmm.
One bag rotary oven 4.5m ,1bag mixer 2m. Generator 5m, nylon, cylinder with printing of minimum of 50,000pcs 1m, scalling and cutting machine 650k, molder 800k, prover. 500k etc

Note: before you start bakery business, please do adequate research,if possible visit already working bakery and monitor for two weeks. Don't start bakery if you are not ready so you don't waste your hard earned naira , country hardoo.dont just start because you see other doing it.
Make sure you consult nafdac and join master Baker's association in your locality before you start. Fell free to WhatsApp 08165719385 or call 08063992969.
Shalom!
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by fastseo: 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2020
nevplus:
Time will not permit me to say it all.
Bakery is of two main category; local and modern.

To start local bakery, you need steam tube oven or locally fabricated gas oven, the former two bags capacity is 900k and the later one bag capacity is 300k.you need locally fabricated milling machine,200k.lister 200k, cutting table made of galvanized steel 25k, analog scale 4k, mixing bowl 5k.bread pan 30k for 100pcs. Nylon 150k for rubber stereo and printing of 10,000pcs. Just budget 900k

Modern bakery, this one is a different ball game, but you can open it in small package aka mini bakery, you need foreign deck oven 1.2m, it was 700k before but due to dollar, it is now 1.2m, that is for half bag(50 loaves) one bag is 2m. You need spiral mixer half bag 800k, though you might see tuknbo 500k, you need generator of minimum 15kva, and it must be three phase,which is 350k for china type 1115 imex or viking.digital scale 30k . Water chiller or freezer 75k.nylon and printing 150k.

For big mordern bakery, this one need moneyoooo, no be moi moi, hmm.
One bag rotary oven 4.5m ,1bag mixer 2m. Generator 5m, nylon, cylinder with printing of minimum of 50,000pcs 1m, scalling and cutting machine 650k, molder 800k, prover. 500k etc

Note: before you start bakery business, please do adequate research,if possible visit already working bakery and monitor for two weeks. Don't start bakery if you are not ready so you don't waste your hard earned naira , country hardoo.dont just start because you see other doing it.
Make sure you consult nafdac and join master Baker's association in your locality before you start. Fell free to WhatsApp 08165719385 or call 08063992969.
Shalom!

Here are the quotations some one gave me.
I don't understand the aspect of divider for 2m

Mixer.....700,000
Oven......1,300,000
Divider....2,000,000
Slicer.......400,000
Packaging..300,000

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business by nevplus(m): 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
The divider is the one for big loaf, it cuts into 20 pics.u don't need it as a biggner, just get yourself digital scale 40k and you are good to go. Contact me when you are ready , I will tell you how to get those equipment cheaper at alaba intl mkt

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form / Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.