Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,224 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day (847 Views)

The Wedding Day Is Not The Woman's Day But The Man / Is Sunday The Christian Sabbath Day? / Is Sunday The Christian Sabbath? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day by sigiyaya(m): 9:36pm On May 09, 2016
The word Sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning rest. Before the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Sabbath day commemorated God’s day of rest after He finished the Creation. It was a sign of the covenant between God and His people. We read in the book of Genesis that God created the heavens and the earth in six periods of time, which He called days: “And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it” (Genesis 2:2–3). Now the Sabbath also commemorates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The Sabbath day is every seventh day. It is a holy day ordained by God for us to rest from our daily labors and worship Him.

Now which of these days is Sabbath saturday or sunday?

fellow nairalanders please what is your take
Re: Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day by kiddoiLL(m): 9:42pm On May 09, 2016
Saturday is seventh day known as the sabbath...but it doesnt mean worshipping God on sunday is wrong
Re: Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day by Splinz(m): 10:48pm On May 09, 2016
kiddoiLL:
Saturday is seventh day known as the sabbath...but it doesnt mean worshipping God on sunday is wrong

Yours is clearly a case of wilful sinning, for though you know what's right yet choose to ignore it that you may do it your own way.

"Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, 'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they do worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men'. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men. And He said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!" - Mark 7:6-9.

Today, these words of the Lord is directly refering to you, who although knowing the right thing to do refused to do it, and arrogantly dismissed it as no wrong, in order to keep your cherished tradition. Be warned what is at stake, "in vain do they worship me".

Lastly, it is sheer foolishness for man to set aside his Creator command in order to establish his, and then somehow expects the Supreme Being to concur.
Re: Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day by kiddoiLL(m): 10:56pm On May 09, 2016
Splinz:

Yours is clearly a case of wilful sinning, for though you know what's right yet choose to ignore it that you may do it your own way.

"Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, 'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they do worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men'. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men. And He said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!" - Mark 7:6-9.

Today, these words of the Lord is directly refering to you, who although knowing the right thing to do refused to do it, and arrogantly dismissed it as no wrong, in order to keep your cherished tradition. Be warned what is at stake, "in vain do they worship me".

Lastly, it is sheer foolishness for man to set aside his Creator command in order to establish his, and then somehow expects the Supreme Being to concur.

hey bro watch it....i am a sabbatarian, i answered the question...i see nothing wrong in worshipping God on a Sunday or any other day..dont make it look like its evil to worship on sunday.....
Re: Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day by Splinz(m): 11:29pm On May 09, 2016
kiddoiLL:

hey bro watch it....i am a sabbatarian, i answered the question...i see nothing wrong in worshipping God on a Sunday or any other day..dont make it look like its evil to worship on sunday.....
Sabbatarian indeed. Are you then challenging God on what day He choose by His prerogative to sanctified and command observance? Who gave you the power to decide what's wrong and right in worshiping God?

Again, I repeat, "It is extremely foolish to flout God's order in order to keep yours. And then somehow expects the Almighty to agree with you". This is whether you're the one doing it, or you teach others to do it.

I gave you and all that cares to listen, God's word concerning this matter, and you're mad at me, why?
Re: Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day by luckyCO(m): 12:57am On May 10, 2016
Christ is an end to law of righteousness.
Sabbath has been fulfilled by Christ.
We worship.on Sunday not because it is new sabbath NO! We worship on sunday to mark that Christ resurected on Sunday.
If were to observe sabbath you may not keep it because you are not permitted to cook nor travel.
That is why humble submission.
Re: Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day by kiddoiLL(m): 6:46am On May 10, 2016
Splinz:

Sabbatarian indeed. Are you then challenging God on what day He choose by His prerogative to sanctified and command observance? Who gave you the power to decide what's wrong and right in worshiping God?

Again, I repeat, "It is extremely foolish to flout God's order in order to keep yours. And then somehow expects the Almighty to agree with you". This is whether you're the one doing it, or you teach others to do it.

I gave you and all that cares to listen, God's word concerning this matter, and you're mad at me, why?
I aint gonna argue with you, I have no power to change God's law... you are entitled to your thoughts..all i am saying is as long as i keep the real sabbath,would God condemn me for worshipping him any other day? You better check your words well, If you're gonna preach,do it to the unbelievers, do it to the people who doesn't know about this, this is just a forum,he asked a question which is the real sabbath and i gave him an answer, you didn't see me telling him its Sunday or Monday..i wont argue with a fellow brother, but one thing is this, when you're trying to change someone,you don't do it by picking faults and condemning him, you do it with patience and time, am not stupid.. after giving him an answer don't you think he'll still want to make more researches and ask more questions?? its different strokes for different folks anyways
Re: Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day by Splinz(m): 2:35pm On May 10, 2016
kiddoiLL:
I aint gonna argue with you, I have no power to change God's law... you are entitled to your thoughts..all i am saying is as long as i keep the real sabbath,would God condemn me for worshipping him any other day? You better check your words well, If you're gonna preach,do it to the unbelievers, do it to the people who doesn't know about this, this is just a forum,he asked a question which is the real sabbath and i gave him an answer, you didn't see me telling him its Sunday or Monday..i wont argue with a fellow brother, but one thing is this, when you're trying to change someone,you don't do it by picking faults and condemning him, you do it with patience and time, am not stupid.. after giving him an answer don't you think he'll still want to make more researches and ask more questions?? its different strokes for different folks anyways

If correction from God's word is what you called condemnation and faults picking, then go ahead and be the judge. But even if you're judged, you have that which judges you- the word! So deal with the message and spare the messenger!

Understand something here. There's a difference between a command and an obligation. The Sabbath is a command that must be kept as commanded otherwise it is not really a commandment when done one's way, while you're obliged to worship God every other day. Also note that the Saturday Sabbath was sanctified (set aside as holy time or period, Genesis 2:3) right from the beginning of creation, and was made for man not man for the Sabbath (Mark 2:27), i.e, man has no right to decide when or how to keep the Sabbath other than that which has already been laid. And of course, the son of man is also Lord of the Sabbath, verse 28. Who sanctified Sunday and is Lord over it?

I'm picking on you because you've done the innocent Op more harm than good, in that, although you fully know the right thing, but choose to lead him astray- into sin! Of what use is your answer to him when it is not for his edification? Or do you not know that "Whoever knows what is right to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin?"- James 4:17.

Remember, "Whoever then relaxes one of the[b] least[/b] of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and[b] teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"- Matthew 5:19. If breaking the least of the law has dire consequences, how much more the major Law of God?

Brother, do not think that I'm accusing or arguing with you, no! Rather, I'm telling you to always teach what is right and stand by it!

(1) (Reply)

Bloodshed And It's Consequences / What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? / 10 Unsolved Mysteries About Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.