Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Mtn Is Fraud - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Is Fraud (1339 Views)

MTN Is Giving 1G And 500MB Out Free.. / Mtn Is Giving Away Free 4GB Data This 2017 :check Out / Awoof! MTN Is Giving Free 100% Browsing Now...see How! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Is Fraud by heroshark(m): 10:50pm On May 09, 2016
mtn is fraud.... I subscribe for the 3.5gb but cant browse since Friday.. I have called them over thirty times and each time they come up with an excuse... I just discovered that I can only browse b/w 9pm and 7am... what sort of rubbish is this? anyone experiencing the same?
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by chiefolododo(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2016
I no tell you?

1 Like

Re: Mtn Is Fraud by coolopj: 10:55pm On May 09, 2016
Am also experiencing it.Mine is 1000 for 1.5GB.I've call their cc countless time
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by Royruky(m): 11:11pm On May 09, 2016
Mine is 5000 Naira for 10000mg. Since I subscribed to the data, I have not been able to use it. I called them for close to 6 times. It's one excuse after another. This evening one of their customer care agent told me that the data is not active. Meaning my money is gone.
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by TDonald: 11:47pm On May 09, 2016
The plans are working perfectly for me

1 Like

Re: Mtn Is Fraud by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 09, 2016
Eyes don see for mtn.
As for me, when it comes to browsing, na glo get am
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by Nobody: 1:26am On May 10, 2016
This is why I enable network cheats wholeheartedly anytime I come across them. MTN has made my eyes see terrible things in this life, I don't pity them at all and always wish the worst for them.
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by MEDOLAB: 4:13am On May 10, 2016
heroshark:
mtn is fraud.... I subscribe for the 3.5gb but cant
browse since Friday.. I have called them over thirty
times and each time they come up with an excuse... I
just discovered that I can only browse b/w 9pm and
7am... what sort of rubbish is this? anyone experiencing the same?
have been experiencing same thing on my phone here
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by Sheggy13(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2016
heroshark:
Somebody said she did this and it worked for her:
"I subscribed to the Mtn 3.5g for 2k yesterday and it wasn't browsing, the i dailed *446*1, after that I subscribe to Mtn bblited for 70naira and that was how it started browsing 24hours for those saying its a night plan, it is not a night plan." To sub for the bblited, u dial *216*3*1#....you'll have to sacrifice 70 naira. Let's see if it'll work for you. Mtn are bastards. That was how they deceived me saying if u migrate to truTalk and load 500 naira, then text V500 to 131, you'll be given 1950 naira together with 100mb to last for 7 days. I did that since Saturday, till date, they refused to respond to the texts. I even messaged their Customer Care on whatsapp. The respondent apologized and asked me to drop my number for him/her to look into it. Till date, the person has stopped responding to my whatsapp messages. Do you also notice that you can't across to their Customer Care again through call, by dialing 180..I wish they increase their fine. They're the most deceptive and useless telco in this country.
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by JideSM: 8:12am On May 10, 2016
heroshark:

Hi heroshark, so sorry to hear this. I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer Care Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread, where this issue could be resolved promptly. Please PM your mobile number to me and I will help resolve this. Regards
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by dasphinx1(m): 9:03am On May 10, 2016
heroshark:

Have you subscribed to mtn night plan before sometime in the past? Because it seems its the night plan that is active. Thats why you cant use your data in the daytime. Text RESET to 131 so as to cancel that plan.... Always know that before you subscribe to a different data plan from your previous data plan, you should deactivate the previous data plan.

I subscribed for the 3.5gig yesterday day afternoon and it has been working since. Prior to the subscription, i deactivated mtn night plan on my sim which i have been using for a while now.
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by Nobody: 10:51am On May 10, 2016
EastGold:
Eyes don see for mtn.

Tanku brala. This msg wen i send u now sef na glo sub i dey.
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by heroshark(m): 11:20am On May 10, 2016
JideSM:

Hi heroshark, so sorry to hear this. I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer Care Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread, where this issue could be resolved promptly. Please PM your mobile number to me and I will help resolve this. Regards
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by franzis(m): 12:37pm On May 10, 2016
I dey use 1.5GB , 1K AND E DEY WORK PEREFECTLY WELL
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by ishola24: 1:10pm On May 10, 2016
it is working perfectly, that is what I am using now.
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 10, 2016
EastGold:
Eyes don see for mtn.
IS GLO FAST IN UR AREA?
Re: Mtn Is Fraud by chakaz(m): 2:51pm On May 10, 2016
heroshark:
Someone having same issue on another thread was advised to go to his APN, and clear the ip address and port. Ie to clear 010.199.212.002 and also clear port which is 8080 and save it will work.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap And Affordable Tecno Phones To Buy Right Now / Product Name AUKEY Quick Charge 2.0 USB Wall Charger 3 Port Smart Fast Turbo Mob / What Do You Think About The Upcoming Iphone 8?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.