Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job (20284 Views)

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / Resignation From Your Former Place Of Work Without Negotiating Your Salary For T / Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by onismate: 6:46am On May 10, 2016
Here is a beautiful and inspiring story of how this young lady got a job that changed her life.

I want to share this beautiful life experience of mine, how I got a job that changed my life.

November 2010 when I finished my NYSC in Rivers state. I was joy to me, but also sadness because I wasn’t retained in the Government school I served. I gave my best, my all in all. I even donated text books to the school library. Even the church I attended, I was a very serious church worker who participated in virtually all church activities. I was so pained because it looked as if I gave my best and I wasn’t rewarded by God for my hard work and loyalty to God.

After my passing out parade (POP), I went back to Benin. I began searching for job. For 4 months I couldn’t see a reasonable job with a fairly moderate pay. All was just teaching jobs with 10 to N15,000 per month. I was so devastated because N15,000 couldn’t go any were. My Aunty in Mararaba, Abuja invited me to come over to stay with them. When I came down to Abuja, there was a school close to their house. She (my aunty) linked me to the proprietor of the school that they were looking for a chemistry teacher. Well I decided to apply. But the day I came to the school, I changed my mind. The school was built with palm fronds, and I don’t think it was even registered. The principal. I even heard the principal can only pay me N7,000 if they employ me. Na so I refused ooo. “I can’t imagine myself working there” I thought to myself. When I went back the house, I told my aunty that I can’t work in that school. Though my Aunty was angry with me that I didn’t want to do anything. But it wasn’t so. I was only looking at convenience.

As time went on, I got a job in a hotel (not a big hotel) in Mararaba. I was being paid N25,000 per month. The pay was fair enough to me and my work operates in shifts.

As time went on in the hotel, I tried as much as possible to maintain my dignity. Some customers came to like my jovial and working attitude, that they tip me regularly. Infact I get up to N10,000 in tips monthly.

There was this particular day that the owner of my hotel came with a guest who lodged in the hotel over the night. When the guest was leaving with my Oga. My Oga turned to him and was like “see one of una people ooo. She’s from Edo state.” Referring to me as he (my Oga) was telling the guest about me. The guest laughed and asked my name. I told him. He asked where I came from in Edo state. I told him it’s Ekpoma. He spoke the language while I replied with the language too. We all laughed as he introduced himself as one of the Managing director (MD) in Federal Government owned bank. He gave me his complimentary card before he left. When I looked at the complimentary card sef, I was impressed, but I kept it inside a bag some were in my room. I felt contacting him later would be a waste, he may take advantage and or sleep with me.

I continued with my job and my life, enjoying the little tips I get from my working place with the shifting job. It seemed I wasn’t ready to leave there. I was just so comfortable.

2 months later, I was on afternoon shift. I came to work a little bit late due to traffic jam caused as a result of protest going on in some parts of Abuja. Na so I come inside the restaurant, the manager began shouting and quarrelling for me. I was trying to explain to him what made me come late but wasn’t ready to listen. Before I knew what was happening, a hot slap landed on my right cheek. “kaiii, na that one pain me pass.” I wanted to slap him back but I kept cool and angrily left the place. I don’t want us to start disgracing ourselves in front of customers and guests. Make them no come dey separate fight. As I left there, I went to a corner of the building and started crying. I was so pained. If my Oga(the owner of the hotel) was around, he wouldn’t have supported what the manager did because he likes me and would understand because I don’t just come late to work. I felt belittled because the manager in question, the way he was abusing and raining raining curses on me as if I was her daughter. This was someone who is just an SSCE holder. Just because he was opportune to be the manager of the hotel. As I cried, a friend of mine consoled me. As at then I wished I had a better job. My friend asked me about the MD that gave me his card. I told her I didn’t know where I kept the card, and I had even forgotten about the whole incident because I felt he may request to sleep with me before helping me. She (my friend) encouraged me to try and find the man’s (MD) number and call him. She said in as much it’s rampant that bosses are sleeping with their employees in exchange for favour, it’s not every boss that does so. And this MD might be different. She said I should just try but if he tries to do anything funny, then I can run as fast as my leg can carry me.

I got home that day and began searching for where I kept the MD’s card. I couldn’t find it. It took me 2 days to later discover it inside one of my handbags in my clothes box. Immediately I found it, I called him but the number was switched off. I tried the number the next day and it went through. I told him I was, at first he couldn’t recollect but I had to describe the incident that happened the day him and my Oga came to our hotel. Na there he come remember. He asked why I didn’t call him since all those while. I no even know wetin I wan answer. He asked me to come see him the next day.

The next day I just abandoned my hotel job and went to his (MD’s) office to see him. He was kind of angry that I didn’t call for over two months he gave me his card. I no hide myself ooo. I told him I was In need of a good job when he asked me some few questions about me. Well, he told me that his bank is currently recruiting and they gave him only one slut. Though he has a cousin of his who needs the job, he reserved the slut for him. but as it is, he will collect the both of us CV, any one the company picks from the both of us is the lucky one. I thanked him so much.

The next day I brought my CV to MD. I resigned from the hotel I was working just to avoid the too many embarrassment I was facing.

A month and two weeks later, the MD called that I should come to his office. I came to his office the next day. He sat me down. “Do you know what?” he said. I was kind of scared and curious. I asked what was that. “You have a good head,” he said as he laughed. He said he just wanted to tell me that the bank preferred me over his cousin that submitted his CV. He congratulated me because I have been hired. “You are just highly favoured and lifted by God” he said again. As he was saying it, tears ran down my eyes. I didn’t even know how to express myself as he asked me to go to their HR department. He even asked why I was crying. Me I no know wetin to tell him.

To be sincere with you, that was how I got the job. Since I got that job, my life had not remained the same.

Fast-forward to one year later, my boss(MD) sent me to the hotel I work before to deliver something to the Oga who was his friend. And guess what! I went there with my car. When the Manager saw me, you need to see the way he ran to hug me. This was someone that abused me when I was working there. But now things had changed. We talked so well. Thank God things changed for better for me.

I am telling this story to encourage those that are looking for job. God will do it for you. It’s just a matter of time.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1140-after-much-struggles-and-humiliations-she-finally-got-a-good-job-that-changed-her-life-for-better

197 Likes 26 Shares

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Nobody: 6:53am On May 10, 2016
something to lift my spirit this morning.
thanks for sharing at op...
May we be favored this month,..
my testimony is next in line..
....click like if you believe you getting your desired job this month..smiley and share if you have your desired job already..smiley

let our faith work for us today...

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by agabaI23(m): 6:59am On May 10, 2016
Beautiful story

Lesson: don't always assume that all men are after your panties.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by amtaken(f): 7:02am On May 10, 2016
Nice story. Congratulations.

You told us how much they paid you in your former place of work but refused to tell us how much your Federal Bank pays you shocked

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Isoni(m): 7:03am On May 10, 2016
Cool story bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by hemartins(m): 7:05am On May 10, 2016
Just one person can change your life
One signature and you are there
Just one, only one.

God, I believe this is my month.

18 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Nobody: 7:06am On May 10, 2016
congratulation ma.
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Big4wig(m): 7:07am On May 10, 2016
All things work for the good of those who trust in him.. God's time is the best

5 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by scribble: 7:08am On May 10, 2016
It's being not been

Lalasticlala oya spell am well
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by ITbomb(m): 7:11am On May 10, 2016
So you became the slut that the bank reserved for him. Issorait

BTW, when a girl says someone abused her, I would always like to hear the second opinion
Na so I come inside the restaurant, the manager began shouting and quarrelling for me. I was trying to explain to him what made me come late but wasn’t ready to listen. Before I knew what was happening, a hot slap landed on my right cheek. “kaiii, na that one pain me pass.” I wanted to slap him back but I kept cool and angrily left the place

What tone of voice did you used, what exactly did you say, did you in any way insulted him?
There is no way a girl would say "I tried to explain....." in any tense situation and I believe her. Most times the way women respond, even in the tone of voice, do escalate already bad situations.

Anyway, congrats on your new job, it is slot not slut.

17 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Exponental(m): 7:11am On May 10, 2016
Favour.... Joseph of Ur time
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by kennyman2000(m): 7:13am On May 10, 2016
amtaken:

You told us how much they paid you in your former place of work but refused to tell us how much your Federal Bank pays you shocked

she go tell u when she gets another better job

7 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by delishpot: 7:14am On May 10, 2016
Not by hard work alone but by the grace of the most high God.

6 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2016
Wow! I tap into this favour by faith....
But if I was the one slapped by the manager, I doubt if anything would have stopped me from retaliating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Barrywilly(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2016
God reward those who serve Him diligently
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by iceberylin(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2016
All these Job threads will a Nigga quit school...

Gosh,no be everybody go meet MD Ni cry
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by sholay2011(m): 7:15am On May 10, 2016
scribble:
It's being not been

Lalasticlala oya spell am well
...and 'slot', not 'slut' grin

Congrats OP.

3 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by olojuede01: 7:15am On May 10, 2016
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by muller101(m): 7:16am On May 10, 2016
Movie don finish fast fast?

1 Like

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Kaldakinn: 7:16am On May 10, 2016
Glory be to God
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by goshen26: 7:17am On May 10, 2016
wow! tho I'm currently working where I earn peanut, buh soon Gos will increase my financial territory too... happy for u Sis

5 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by grandstar(m): 7:17am On May 10, 2016
"gave him only one slut!"

pls change it now now!

1 Like

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Ayomax(m): 7:18am On May 10, 2016
everything still end up with connections in Nigeria, you must know some1 to work for govt
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by kevoh(m): 7:19am On May 10, 2016
If the OP had not decided to manage the hotel of 25k she probably would not have had that link to her present job.
Do not despise humble beginnings! This goes out to all of you who have refused to get something doing after years of missing your chance to work in the so called Oil and Gas corporation!

18 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Nobody: 7:19am On May 10, 2016
Destiny can only be delayed. i must make it in life through christ that strenght me
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by fleps(m): 7:19am On May 10, 2016
Thank God for you! And for the 'slot' (not 'slut') smiley
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Nobody: 7:19am On May 10, 2016
Destiny can only be delayed. i must make it in life through christ that strenghten me

4 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by Big4wig(m): 7:20am On May 10, 2016
amtaken:

A Wise person would never disclose that

5 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by sammybrandy(m): 7:20am On May 10, 2016
Congratulations...evrybody ve his/her appointed time to be blessed. Is your time.
Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by arabaribiti(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2016
Emi ni ire kan next

2 Likes

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by maxwell767(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2016
Nice... I plug my wire tapping from ur testimony grin

1 Like

Re: After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job by cruz419(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2016
Congrats to u,, what an encouragement for some of us!!! Just preparing to head out in search of a work the struggle continues??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronation Merchant Bank Graduate Trainee Programme 2018 / Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job / Invited For Interview By Mutual Benefit Assurance Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.