Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,288 members, 7,839,428 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff (34251 Views)

Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States / Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? / Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by hotdi(m): 11:04am On May 10, 2016
Benjom:

Were you there when the original post read "FCMB closed branches and sacked workers"?

It was later changed just as I've also done to your original post/reply.

Lol
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by playtheblues(f): 11:04am On May 10, 2016
Buhari is the best!

Best at spoiling Nigerian economy.

Sai Baba go-slow.

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by izzou(m): 11:05am On May 10, 2016
eyeview:
...And how many jobs did Buhari and APC promise to create in their one year in office?
Every day we hear of massive sack.
how many massive sack did you hear of yesterday?

Exagerrator
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by 4nobody4every1: 11:06am On May 10, 2016
OlowoB:
If you are in Nigeria at the moment, you better buckle up cos things will likely get worse before it gets better (this is not a curse)

The past govt has sold Nigeria away and things can only get better after a lot of thorough cleansing has been done by the current administration.

Good news is, if you are a child of God and you have something doing no matter how small, you will be immune to all the wailings of some people left, right and centre.

This is my opinion.
cool

1 Like

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by walexy14(m): 11:08am On May 10, 2016
The majority of these closures have been attributed to the increasing use of online and mobile banking as technology enables consumers to manage their accounts, make remote deposits and shop for services more efficiently from desktops or smartphones.

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by walexy14(m): 11:09am On May 10, 2016
The majority of these closures have been attributed to the increasing use of online and mobile banking as technology enables consumers to manage their accounts, make remote deposits and shop for services more efficiently from desktops or smartphones and not what you guys are saying.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by eyeview: 11:10am On May 10, 2016
izzou:

Exagerrator
Its either you live in a bubble or in denial.
In the last 3months alone,we have heard the following:
First bank to sack over 1000 staff(this may)
Massive sack in Arik Air(april).
Feel free to google and udate your knowledge before coming on public dormain to showcase your ignorance,son.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:10am On May 10, 2016
OlowoB:
If you are in Nigeria at the moment, you better buckle up cos things will likely get worse before it gets better (this is not a curse)

The past govt has sold Nigeria away and things can only get better after a lot of thorough cleansing has been done by the current administration.

Good news is, if you are a child of God and you have something doing no matter how small, you will be immune to all the wailings of some people left, right and centre.

This is my opinion.

Captain of the Zombie United FC....

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Omooba77: 11:12am On May 10, 2016
OlowoB:

This is my opinion.

Ordinarily I wouldnt have said anything,but this government is doing nothing, sorry to let you know this,please stop blaming the past.We all need to move forward, God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by ekpesa(m): 11:16am On May 10, 2016
[quote author=OlowoB post=45484928]If you are in Nigeria at the moment, you better buckle up cos things will likely get worse before it gets better (this is not a curse)

Are you saying that there was no child of God among the sacked workforce of the bank? try and be honest to yourself, syco~phan~tic lifestyle you are living won't help this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by excess4luv: 11:19am On May 10, 2016
OlowoB:

This is my opinion.

after a year you are still blaming the last administration.
What has gone wrong with sensible comments
When PMB was promising Nigerians heaven on earth where was his reasoning and economic permutations, I just hate passing blames of this government though I knew he isn't going to better.

4 Likes

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by McPerry(f): 11:22am On May 10, 2016
Who sack epp ooo?
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by McPerry(f): 11:26am On May 10, 2016
This could lead to another domestic violence....frustration n pressure frm victim's family....Choiiii Odiego...
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by longayink: 11:31am On May 10, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Most Banks dwelled on federal treasury/Oil money/Politicians loots
cool cool cool cool

Yeah, most of Nigeria's banks thrive through stolen oyel money.

Banks normally make money through interest on mortgages and loans. Most Nigerian banks hardly engage in lending for mortgage or business.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Nobody: 11:35am On May 10, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
May God help them if they didn't vote for fake change
grin wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by eyeview: 11:38am On May 10, 2016
I think the most stupid set in nigeria now are those who after one year are still accusing the last administration for this govt's poor performance.
Buhari and apc made some promises during their campaign. Can someone please ask them how they had planned to fulfill those promises.
1,Buhari promised to create 1000 jobs every year, please,he needs to tell us how he had planned to achieve that. Instead what we've been having have been job losses of over 3,000 in less than one year.
2,Buhari promised to make $1 equal to N1. Instead what we had was $1 going to an alltime high of over N400(first in the history of the naira). Can someone in a media chat ask him how he actually planned to fulfil that when he made that promise during campaign.
3,Buhari promised to increase power production to 10,000 megawatts from the near 5,000megawatts jonathan left it. Instead he hit 0megawatts(first in the history since the amalgamation of nigeria in 1914). He needs to explain to us how he had planned to achieve this when he promised it(fashola even went further to give a realization period of 6months to that promise). Instead it has moved from bad to worse with nothing but increase in the tarriff.
4,Buhari promised to bring back the chibok girls in weeks if voted in.he was voted. And in this case,the BBOG campaigners and their parents asked him directly and the man looked them in the eyes and told them that he doesn't know where their daughters are and left.
5,Buhari critisized heavily the subsidy regime and promised to end fuel scarcity if voted. Today,he is even paying more for subsidy and we are now having the longest persistent queue in the history of Nigeria(4months uninterrupted).

I don't even want to go into other promises like daily feeding of school children and paying the unemployed the sum of N5000 monthly. Anyone that believed those are of all men most pitiable.
Buhari and Apc made these promises on their own volition(independent of pdp and GEJ) and we believe they must have a definite strategy on how to bring it to pass. So,nobody should keep alluding to the past.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by ademoladeji(m): 11:45am On May 10, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Emtyhen fit fumble nah(no network coverage things), make u dey follow me like hunchback, e no dey forsake nor fumble..

I concur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by izzou(m): 11:49am On May 10, 2016
eyeview:

Its either you live in a bubble or in denial.
In the last 3months alone,we have heard the following:
First bank to sack over 1000 staff(this may)
Massive sack in Arik Air(april).
Feel free to google and udate your knowledge before coming on public dormain to showcase your ignorance,son.
but you typed everyday
Just stop exagerrating abeg
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by MrGerald(m): 11:52am On May 10, 2016
fcmb shutdown? and my money is in that bank sef
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by KingRex1(m): 11:52am On May 10, 2016
Im not surprised, FCMB is a very terrible bank, no offense.

I couldnt withdraw from my salary savings account for almost 6months they had so many lame protocol excuses, went to the customer care bt saw a long queue of bittered customers. Mehn i gave up, had to make transfers to my other bank b4 withdrawal
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Ramanto(m): 11:54am On May 10, 2016
hardywaltz:
Makes economic sense...
But Doesn't Make Political Sense
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Babyphinas(f): 12:01pm On May 10, 2016
No not all am presently in dia branch @ Abakaliki
But I just made inquiries & they said is d branch @ AFIKPO in EBONYI state
Benjom:
You mean ALL their branches ?
It is well with Nigeria.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by utehru: 12:09pm On May 10, 2016
That is why you need to insure your job before the unfortunate such as this will happen, so as to continue receiving that your salary.
What do I mean?, I meant exactly what I said!

You can agree with me that most of this guys that were relieved of their job, commit no crime of their own, right?

Yes, Right?............

ANCHOR INSURANCE COMPANY has come up with new product called "ANCHOR LOEIS" (ANCHOR LOSS OF EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE SCHEME), mainly for this reason of losing jobs anyhow in the country (banking, manufacturing, insurance, etc) sector.

For more details on this products, please call: 08068347759, 08170324727,
email: omiji.b@anchorinsuranceng.com, ogheneovo59@gmail.com.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by teepain: 12:21pm On May 10, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Most Banks dwelled on federal treasury/Oil money/Politicians loots
cool cool cool cool

Very sensible comment!

In the past, commercial banks depended on government patronage and round tripping. Not many of them practised banking (I doubt if there was any!).

How do we explain how banks were posting humongous profits while the real sector players (manufacturers & co) were posting losses in most cases and marginal profit in some cases?

From where did the banks make their profits if most of their clients were posting losses?

In saner climes banks would help entrepreneur to start small businesses, assist small businesses to transform to medium businesses and help medium businesses to transform to transnational corporations. That is how banks ought to grow their businesses through the growth of their customers.

Buhari is right in starving these banks of illicit funds cause it is common knowledge that bad money chases good money in any financial system.

When the president acts rightly let us applaud him and when he acts wrongly let us give him the knocks, that is the only way to move the nation forward.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:02pm On May 10, 2016
eyeview:
...And how many jobs did Buhari and APC promise to create in their one year in office?
Every day we hear of massive sack.
How does this have to do with Buhari?
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 10, 2016
Even the ones that have jobs are being owe 5 to 10 month salaries by the government that promise to create jobs during el electioneering campaign.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 10, 2016
izzou:

Exagerrator
There are some sacks that are not published.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 10, 2016
walexy14:
The majority of these closures have been attributed to the increasing use of online and mobile banking as technology enables consumers to manage their accounts, make remote deposits and shop for services more efficiently from desktops or smartphones.
Does traders,eg tomatoes and pepper sellers do online transactions?Even though i a computer literate,i don't do online transactions because it is risky.A situation where one will make a withdrawal in atm,where money doesn't dispense,they will send an alert that money has been withdrawn.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by onyxo76(m): 2:07pm On May 10, 2016
OlowoB:

This is my opinion.
Pastor Adeboye predicted such at the beginning of the year, all will be well
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by faruz: 2:42pm On May 10, 2016
focus7:
Seun and lalaclasla thunder fire you for banning at the politics section because am always hitting hard on your clueless hero Jonathief. You are cowards.

Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Coldfeets: 2:51pm On May 10, 2016
Love Machine:
Does traders,eg tomatoes and pepper sellers do online transactions?Even though i a computer literate,i don't do online transactions because it is risky.A situation where one will make a withdrawal in atm,where money doesn't dispense,they will send an alert that money has been withdrawn.

I don't think you're computer literate.

I think you're simply old fashioned.

Which explains your line of reasoning.
Re: FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 10, 2016
Coldfeets:

I don't think you're computer literate.
I think you're simply old fashioned.
Which explains your line of reasoning.
Explain rather than name calling.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) / Court Awards ₦200 Million To Yobe Girl Electrocuted By MTN Cable / Allen Onyema Wanted In Canada For Alleged Multi-Million Dollar Fraud In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.