Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Birthing A New Company - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Birthing A New Company (651 Views)

I Need A Director For A New Company With A Very Humble Begining / A New Company Needs A Marketer/manager / Nigerian Graphics Designer: Professional Logo Design call: 07018880219 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Birthing A New Company by Nobody: 8:57am On May 10, 2016
Hello reader, i opened this thread mainly to get answers to the following questions on starting up a business. I really need comprehensive & thorough answers as i hope to refer to this thread many times in the future. I promise a little gesture of appreciation to the monicker whose answers meet my needs the most.

1. What are the requirements for registering a company(in Lagos for example). How much does it cost & which agency is responsible for that?

2. In choosing a company name, what are the factors to be considered? What will make a name disapproved & vice versa? Will a name be approved here, if a foreign company(not so popular anyway) bears the same? I chose a name & then discovered that a little consulting company in America bears the same.

3. What is the nature of corporate tax payment in Lagos, for example. What are the rates of the various classes of taxes to be paid?

4. What major advice or set of advices would you give to a new company involved in heavy equipment services & heavy transportation? Please add words of caution.

5. What government policies control a company's corporate social responsibilities?

6. Any other relevant thing a new company's management must know in Nigeria, to keep head above water.

These are my questions for now. I intend on returning to this thread whenever i need help from the experienced. Any other random advice will also be appreciated.

Thank you so much & God bless you.
Re: Birthing A New Company by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 10, 2016
holamiday:
Hello reader, i opened this thread mainly to get answers to the following questions on starting up a business. I really need comprehensive & thorough answers as i hope to refer to this thread many times in the future. I promise a little gesture of appreciation to the monicker whose answers meet my needs the most.

1. What are the requirements for registering a company(in Lagos for example). How much does it cost & which agency is responsible for that?

Ans: it depends on if its a business name or a LLC for Business name you need passport/certificate of proficiency(if any) and contact details.

2. In choosing a company name, what are the factors to be considered? What will make a name disapproved & vice versa? Will a name be approved here, if a foreign company(not so popular anyway) bears the same? I chose a name & then discovered that a little consulting company in America bears the same.

3. What is the nature of corporate tax payment in Lagos, for example. What are the rates of the various classes of taxes to be paid?
The rates depends
we have VAT, Whitholding tax, education tax and rent.
some are remitted to the federal while some are remitted to the state.

4. What major advice or set of advices would you give to a new company involved in heavy equipment services & heavy transportation? Please add words of caution.

5. What government policies control a company's corporate social responsibilities?

6. Any other relevant thing a new company's management must know in Nigeria, to keep head above water.

These are my questions for now. I intend on returning to this thread whenever i need help from the experienced. Any other random advice will also be appreciated.

Thank you so much & God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Time To Export Food Items Is Now; How To Source For Foreign Buyers / Power Of The North / Advice Needed Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.