Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August (2290 Views)

Poll: Which team will get their first 3 points?

Chelsea: 90% (9 votes)
Hull City: 0% (0 votes)
Draw: 10% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Everton (3 - 1) On Saturday 15th October 2011 / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On Saturday 15th October 2011 / Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Cristalz(f): 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2009
Opening game of the season begins at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon as Chelsea welcome Hull City. Finally, EPL lovers have their drug back. grin

Chelsea have been here before. The appointment of an internationally recognised and much decorated foreign coach and the promise of flowing football. Ancelotti has spoken of his desire to play with a midfield diamond, with attacking full-backs manning the flanks; shades of Scolari again.
For the players, there will definitely be strong competition for starting places on the team. For Didier Drogba and Nic Anelka, it may yet be a straight choice between the pair. Also, Florient Malouda was a different and far more effective player under Guus Hiddink yet his left-hand role may be threatened by the arrival Zhirkov. Where will Joe Cole fit in once his knee injury is cured?
Salomon Kalou and Branislav Ivanovic were two players who had their moments under Hiddink, with the Serbian defender a one-time target for Ancelotti at Milan, yet both face a fight to be in the starting line-up.
In the MF Michael Essien looks undroppable with versatility and athleticism adding legs to a bunch of over-30s if Mikel John Obi should be overlooked in favour of a deep-lying playmaker of the Pirlo or Deco type. Michael Ballack has extended his deal with Chelsea for another season but looks likely to have to fight to play. He and Lampard are still to gell and this is their fourth season together.
This battle for a start will definitely be a good thing for the team as each player will strive to impress the gaffer, thus putting more effort into being productive on the pitch.  .  .result = strong, determined team. Good start to the season indeed.

Hull City seem set to begin the new season with a bang.  .  .proof is the acquisition of United States striker Jozy Altidore on loan. Altidore completed his loan move to Hull on Monday after being granted a British work permit. The 19-year-old will play for the Premier League team on a season-long loan from Spanish club Villarreal. Hull has an option to buy him permanently at the end of the season.
Hull also acquired the services of Ireland international Stephen Hunt for an undisclosed fee.
Their first task of the season - subduing Chelsea- looks like an uphill one right about now, but who knows, they just might get a draw out of it. A  win is not very realistic now, is it?
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by MrCrackles(m): 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
Crizzle don come again o. . .
Are u going through the pain of setting up threads till the end of the season?
For how long?
Do you want to singlehandedly crash the forum?
Abi wetin be dis now? grin cheesy
Threads like this dont go beyond the first page, i dont think its cool jare! tongue
My two cents. . .I STILL LOVE U
Come to bed when u finish! tongue kiss
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Cristalz(f): 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2009
It's part of my 'job' description o. sad Oga's orders. grin
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by tkb417(m): 8:20am On Aug 14, 2009
2-0 in favour of Chelsea
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Emperoh(m): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2009
Brash
You no go leave Crizzle alone? Mancs don't do Gaynners

2-1 to chelsea!!
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by bydot1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2009
2-1 to chelsea,,., u chelsea shouldn't be surprise if it end as draw o
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by vikiviko(m): 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Cristalz

Wonderful and insightful commentary about the Chelsea vs Hull Match.

The long walk to a quadruplet starts tomorrow fro the pride of london.

Up Chelsea, more drogba goals this season.

Mikel should step his game and score at least 2 golas in every 10 matches.
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by mykali(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2009
vikiviko:

@Cristalz

Wonderful and insightful commentary about the Chelsea vs Hull Match.

The long walk to a quadruplet starts tomorrow fro the pride of london.

Up Chelsea, more drogba goals this season.

Mikel should step his game and score at least 2 goals in every 10 matches.

i laugh in swahili . . . . grin
but that's not a bad idea . . . cheesy
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2009
CFC 3 - 0 Hull
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by allboyz(m): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2009
BlueDiva:

CFC 3 - 0 Hull
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i see a : 2 - 2 draw grin
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by jalether(m): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2009
allboyz:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i see a : 2 - 2 draw grin

in ur dreams right
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by cyanider: 8:17am On Aug 15, 2009
UP BLUES! We go tidy Hull City.NOtin day hapun.Anti-Chelseas any betting?
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Dfash(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2009
OPEN LETTER TO THE DRAW PREDICTERS,

if your DRAW's predictions is a kind of a nasty dream you had better wake UP from ur slumber b4 you ''PISS 4 PANT'' because CHELSEA of this season aren't here 2 for jokes, but for buz. so watch out 4 a winning spree CHELSEA !
UP CHELSEA!!!!
one looooooooove!!!!!
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by IYANGBALI: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2009
4-0 in favour of Hull city

CHEALSEA SUCKS tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Borat1: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2009
I'll drink pee for the remainder of the day if we lose or even draw. cool
Lampard MUST score
Drogba WILL SCORE
A defender MAY SCORE.
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Krayola2(m): 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2009
these EPL animals have started kicking each other one minute into the season.
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Krayola2(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2009
Anelka looks like he's on a different page. Falling asleep on the ball and messing up plays
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Krayola2(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2009
20 mins in and Chelsea yet to get a chance. Not even a half decent shot on goal yet. Cech already forced into action.
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Krayola2(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2009
Hull Goal!! hunt 0-1 Chelsea. . .chelsea look impotent going forward. Lets see how they respond
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Borat1: 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2009
It only makes it more interesting. I cant complain at all.
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Krayola2(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2009
Drogba has equalized 1-1.
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Borat1: 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2009
Of course we saw it coming! grin
Cant complain at all. Super Drug!
Thats one prediction right for me. cool
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by khanye(m): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2009
Stephen Hunt, chelsea's public enemy number one grin
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by hackney(m): 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2009
Chelsea still at 1:1
time 68:38
this is a shame oo!
at stamford bridge? hiaee!!
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by khanye(m): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2009
1-1 . . . . . 74 min shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

@ Kray
shey u get link where i fit watch the match?
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by hackney(m): 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2009
Didier! Didier! Didier! Didier!
yes!!!!
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by FBS: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2009
DD is the No 1 Striker. Strong and powerful.

That second goal was something else even though he was trying to cross the ball.

Chelsea won the battle. 3 points in the bag.

Good defensive play from Hull City. Kudos Phil Brown.
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by bydot1(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2009
by.dot:

2-1 to chelsea,,., u chelsea shouldn't be surprise if it end as draw o

my prediction was right,, ,.,. Chelsea shud watch out for their next match, its going to be a draw believe me.
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by bgees(m): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2009
Any fool called a manager can manage Chelsea to at least a visible degree of success.

Face it, Chelsea are a threat anyday even without a manager. And I think the bookies and analysts might have a change of mind about Ancelloti after today's performance. They had already foolishly given him the Premier league trophy since his perfect pre-season.

Ancelloti isn't much of threat. But it is still early days so I will not completely write him off.
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2009
When the chips are down,
Call DD
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by allboyz(m): 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2009
good game!
Re: Chelsea (2) Vs Hull City (1) On Saturday 15th August by FBS: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2009
allboyz:

good game!
bros me, sup?
Your prediction are ever wrong. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Vs Hertha Berlin (4 - 0) On 15th Saturday,2011 / Portsmouth Vs Arsenal [1- 4] On Wednesday 30th December 2009 / Name Your First Ever Best Eleven Of The Decade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.