Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

Freely Ye Have Received, Freely Give - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freely Ye Have Received, Freely Give (624 Views)

Freely Give / Ye Are Gods, All Of You, All 100 Trillion Of You. / What Seek Ye?(the Grail Message-vol 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Freely Ye Have Received, Freely Give by lagoshost(m): 12:02am On Aug 14, 2009
“Freely ye have received, freely give.”

Eugene Lang stands in the Elementary School in Harlem, where he graduated 53 years
ago. Looking over an audience of 12-year-olds in their caps and gowns, he says, “This is your first graduation – just the perfect time to dream! Decide what you what to be, and never let go of your dream!” He continues, “If you work hard and stay in school I‘ll….”Then he pauses dramatically and , as if inspired, he announces” … I ‘ll give each of you a college scholarship!” Suddenly a wave of emotion breaks as parents jump to their feet cheering, weeping, and hugging each other. Ina community where 90 percent of the children drop out of school, a Puerto Rican child runs into her mother’s arms shouting, “ I‘m going to college!” it’s a scene of ecstasy!

In his 70s, Eugene Langs has come back to his ‘roots’ and brought his I Have A Dream Foundation with him. He‘s here to give back what has been given to him. Other businessmen have caught his vision, too, and they’re going into school all over New York, doing the same thing. All these children needed was somebody to believe in them, and their live were changed forever.

The most miserable people on earth are those who wonder how the world is going to make them happy. The happiest people are those who’ve invested their lives in others. That’s why Jesus is saying to you and me today, “Freely ye have received, freely give.”

I got this from: http://blog.ccokoji.org/?p=18
Re: Freely Ye Have Received, Freely Give by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 14, 2009
Our preachers today are only interested in receiving, they rarely give and some even demand payment for their imagined services.

(1) (Reply)

Why The Difference? / The Evolving Hiv Virus / Where Is The Destination Of The Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.