Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Gold Is Prohibited For Men - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Gold Is Prohibited For Men (566 Views)

Islamic Dress For Men / Is Chatting With Opposite Sex on Social media Khulwa That Is Prohibited? / Perfumes Prohibited For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold Is Prohibited For Men by Newnas(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2016
Brothers Stop wearing Gold

‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه narrated that the Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ took a piece of silk in his right hand and some gold in his left, then he said:

“These two are haraam (forbidden) for the men of my umm'ah.”

[Abu Dawood (4057), al-Nasaa’i (5144) and Ibn Maajah (3595), Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood].

Al-Nawawi رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰعنه said in Sharh Muslim (14/32):

With regard to gold rings, they are haraam (forbidden) for men according to scholarly consensus. The same applies if they are part gold and part silver. Our companions said: If the top of the ring is gold or if it is lightly plated with gold, it is haraam, because of the general meaning of the hadeeth concerning silk and gold, “These two are haraam for the males of my umm'ah and halal for the females.”
Re: Gold Is Prohibited For Men by Plaitex(f): 8:33pm On May 10, 2016
Asalamualykum. Are jewelleries which are also plated with gold colour but not real gold also haram for men?
Re: Gold Is Prohibited For Men by Newnas(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2016
Plaitex:
Asalamualykum. Are jewelleries which are also plated with gold colour but not real gold also haram for men?

I don't know. It's better to contact the people of knowledge regarding it.
But I will advise that one refrains from it till he is sure of its permimissibility because whoever refrains from doubtful matters has preserved his Deen and honour as we know from the hadith of Ibn Bashir.

Allah knows best
Re: Gold Is Prohibited For Men by Plaitex(f): 7:54am On May 11, 2016
Newnas:

I don't know. It's better to contact the people of knowledge regarding it.
But I will advise that one refrains from it till he is sure of its permimissibility because whoever refrains from doubtful matters has preserved his Deen and honour as we know from the hadith of Ibn Bashir.

Allah knows best
Jazakumllahukhayran
Re: Gold Is Prohibited For Men by Newnas(m): 7:52pm On May 11, 2016
Plaitex:
Jazakumllahukhayran
Aameen wa iyyaak

(1) (Reply)

Response And Reaction / Your Life Summarised In 1 Aayah/verse! / Shahadas And Dawah....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.