Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,267 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Beware Of Mtn Fifa 2010 Promo Fraudster - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beware Of Mtn Fifa 2010 Promo Fraudster (832 Views)

The Madness Of MTN. wit evidence, lol / Result Of Mtn Project Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Mtn Fifa 2010 Promo Fraudster by flexinet: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,

Early Friday Morning of 14th August, 2009, was one of the day fraudsters attempt to dupe me, luckily for me, i know some of this there tricks, I first woke up in the morning checking my Mobile phone text messages and missed calls, guess what i saw on my inbox,

Below is the text message

You are a winner of (N1, 000, 000.00 & a free ticket to the 2010 W/CUP. Visit (www.yellofifa.com) immediately for verification:

CODE: 462070

When i saw this message, i immediately switch on my Laptop and connect my internet,

i first went to www.who.is to verify the registrar of the domain and compare it with www.mtnonline.com

see what i discover

FAKE PROMO WEBSITE
(www.yellofifa.com)

Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin (Email Masking Image@privacyprotect.org)
P.O. Box 97
Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

ORIGINAL MTN WEBSITE
(www.mtnonline.com)

Registrant:
On Behalf Of MTN Nigeria Communications Limited
5th Floor, Churchgate Towers
Afribank Street
Victoria Island LA01
Nigeria

BEWARE OF THIS FRAUDSTER

Re: Beware Of Mtn Fifa 2010 Promo Fraudster by ayeesha: 8:25am On Aug 14, 2009
Very true!

My partner got the same message and trust us, we quickly dived for the laptop, logged in and started searching untill we got to where they asked

for your bank details. There the search ended fast fast cos we know MTN will NEVER ask for your bank details!!! Moreover, i know one is supposed

to send a text before being qualified or so and my guy said he never did.

Yes, everybody needs money but plsssssssss, BEWARE OF BEING DUPED OF THE LITTLE YOU HAVE ALREADY!!!!
Re: Beware Of Mtn Fifa 2010 Promo Fraudster by mamagee6(f): 11:41pm On Aug 14, 2009
Okay thank you.

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is Your Lawyer? / Toyosi / Na Wetin We Call Dis One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.