Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,682 members, 7,816,787 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

The Tale Of Her - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Tale Of Her (595 Views)

A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tale Of Her by Bisiebae(f): 6:53pm On May 10, 2016
MOTHER'S DAY
I stared at her one pastime before the nurse covered her face. She looked so beautiful, so peaceful, so lifeless. Here was the only person I could trust in, in this earth, but she was leaving too early.
Dad patted my shoulder, I looked at him, he was holding those tears in, he tried to hide his pains, perhaps to prevent me from crying any further.
But I couldn't hold the pains of the lose of a mother, I fell to my knees and wept into her ice-cold hands.
It was just like yesterday I remembered her smiling brightly, it was on the day of her 37th birthday. I, being the only child, was the only one she confided in, most times. She sat me down, and informed me she was dying.
I was sixteen at that time, I had thought she was joking because I had never seen her smiling so genuinely. She had only five years to live. Five years! how could I have believed her? She looked so healthy and active.
It was hardly three years after, she was gone, I had finally gotten into the college she wanted me to be, Harvard. But she was gone without the sadness of farewell. Till we meet again mother, till we meet again.
*Happy Mother's Day!*

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

You Just Must Watch These Movies In 2016 / Thank You Nigerians, From South Africans!!! / Have You Read Echoes Of The Dark?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.