Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

My Ordeal With Diamond Bank Plc - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ordeal With Diamond Bank Plc (705 Views)

Diamond Bank Rewards Alkali Adamu As Who Returned Money Wrongly Dispensed To Him / Man Returns N30,000 Wrongly Dispensed To Him By Diamond Bank ATM / Aminu Babangida Appointed As Chairman Of Unity Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With Diamond Bank Plc by femynho(m): 8:37pm On May 10, 2016
Femyawesu

10th May, 2015.

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

Should i term this as: Ineptitude/Inefficiency in the banking sector? (pls read my ordeal with Diamond bank and you may also provide suitable heading for the note).

Please, I need this piece of note to be brought to the notice of Diamond Bank management team. I have been frustrated by the bank and i have to voice out.

I opened an account with Diamond Bank not quite long (between 2012 to 2014), both on and offline, in order to encourage myself for personal savings in case of the 'unforseen'. I was to travel to the Northwestern part of Nigeria for the 'Clarion Call', that was when the issue of BVN comes up. I had to rush down to the bank (Diamond bank), to register for the BVN, i was issued a ticket number and was told, after i receive a text from them i should report back.

After some 4 to 5 days or so, my other bank (First) sent me a text to comeby and register for my BVN. I went and explain things to them, that Diamond Bank had given a ticket number to wait for their text or the BVN (either to carry the BVN or to calculate the number, i wasnt sure...smiley ). To cut this part of the story short, i registered with First Bank and was told i can link it with any of my bank.

The unexpected happened. I travelled around 3th/4th of May, 2015. Around September 2015, i tried to withdraw from my Diamond bank account in order to register for a management programme but i cound not (UNABLE TO WITHDRAW...thats the ISSUE but the bank allow for transfer into or deposit in the account, IMAGINE THAT!). I used other means to pay for the programme. On the 12th November, 2015 at 11:20am, i sent Diamond Bank a mail containing the BVN i got from the First bank to link it to my account as there was no Diamond bank in the vicinity i reside (except you travel to the capital, which is about 3 to 4hrs journey plus bad road...i cant risk it, mydear).
They send a mail "Dear A**** O*******,
Thank you for contacting Diamond Bank.
This is to acknowledge the receipt of your mail.
Please be informed that your BVN update request
is receiving the required attention and ....."
With fast response, on the 15th of Nov., 2015, i received a text that the BVN issue had been resolved and i was like...ONE OF THE BEST BANK IN AFRICAN.

The topic changed, untill i tried to withdraw, then i know the BVN has nothing to do with or did not resolve the main issue. I keep complaining about the same issue, but nothing was done.

I came back to Lagos after this bank had frustrated my life so as to resolve the issue on a one-on-one basis.

After 'parabulating' the premises of one of its branch for somedays, i was told to get some school documents. I even mail the bank and later received calls that they will resolved. I came back after two days to tender the docs with my National I.D. card (that was last week), as i type, no notification, no text, no nothing...NOTHING IS DONE.

I just couldnt come to a conclusion concerning these questions:

* What took this bank so long to attend to this issue?

* Is this a kind of ineptitude or inefficiency on behalf of the staff or management?

* When you have minor issue with your bank or any institution in this modern times, must you be physically presen?

I have to bring this to the notice of the Diamond Bank management, shareholders, their staffs, customers, the general public, colleagues, and friends.

I sincerely apologise in case this note cause any form of criticism.

Awesu Oluwafemi

Pls, Mods, Nlanders and Passerbys, i need this complaint to reach the apex recipients. If this will be the only means for the Diamond Bank team to situp and compete with other top banks in Africa.

Thanks.

Jargons
*clarion call* - National service
*bvn* - Bank Verification Number
*parabulating* - walking aimlessly
*mods* - post modifiers
*nlanders* - Nairaland users
Re: My Ordeal With Diamond Bank Plc by TLAX: 8:44pm On May 10, 2016
Send this your experience to complaints@diamondbank.com and you will receive attention. Include the branch where you opened the account and your account number in the email.
Re: My Ordeal With Diamond Bank Plc by femynho(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2016
TLAX:
Send this your experience to complaints@diamondbank.com and you will receive attention. Include the branch where you opened the account and your account number in the email.

Thanks, i have been doing that since last year but to no avail. This is the reason i brought it here.
Too bad.
Re: My Ordeal With Diamond Bank Plc by femynho(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2016
Finally, i was able to withdraw all my cash after i threatened to closed down my account (advised by Esq. Babatunde James aka. Babs).
You need to see how one of their staff was trying to persuade me. I told i her i cannot be persuaded because have already concluded be arriving the bank.She promised to get it done while i waited. In the 30mins, it was done.
As i have already decided, i have parted with the bank unofficially.

Thanks to TLAX, Babs and other concerned parties. I am grateful.

(1) (Reply)

Hot Sales!!! Pen For Printing 3d / Vulnerability Of Nigeria’s Economy Worsens – Fitch / Imported Doors,wardrobes,kitchen Cabinets And Closet For Your New Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.