Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,800 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:32 PM

Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd (29229 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Davido With His Sister And Cousins / Davido And American Singer Tinashe In New Stunning Photos / Davido Cuddles Around Tinashe - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by QueenColeen(f): 12:34pm On May 11, 2016
Rikidony:
Obo pls bring back the grammy
It will be easier for Chimamanda Adichie to win FIFA Ballon d'or than for Davido to win a Grammy.
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by goingape: 12:38pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by DedeNkem: 12:42pm On May 11, 2016
Tinashe and Rae sremmurd? I haven't heard about them at all.

Davido should go for big American artists like Kendrick Lamar, Kanye, Beyonce, Jay z, Pharrell Williams, Lady Gaga, Drake, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, etc
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by pressplay411(m): 12:51pm On May 11, 2016
I love this guy's competitive spirit. Not one to be outdone.
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by busomma: 12:52pm On May 11, 2016
These are no name artists in America.
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by luvablesam(m): 1:17pm On May 11, 2016
charix:
He's relatively bigger than them in his home country and continent. Their music is not known outside the USA of which even there its played only by African Americans and a minority of other races.
He should dream bigger and leave these hoodrats alone, they're not on his level. With his status in Africa he should aim for a feature with Taylor Swift.

'hoodrats' makes me remember Freda Gats'....she's so hood
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by phinaluv(f): 1:36pm On May 11, 2016
Dat First RAE STREMMUD guy luks lyk wWIZKID too much like if u tink so

1 Like

Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by sanity12(m): 1:39pm On May 11, 2016
Amberon:
You really sound like you're 12. How many commas do you need to type before passing a useless point across? Nobody ever became great by their tribe but rather their will power , determination and persistence.

Fix your grammar before anything else. Being Yoruba won't take you nowhere, just like being American never made anyone great.
mission achieved,,,,,dn't get it twisted,,,,I love all tribe,,,,my first girl frend na igbo girl,,,,I only wanted to get noticed.....
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 11, 2016
charix:
He's relatively bigger than them in his home country and continent. Their music is not known outside the USA of which even there its played only by African Americans and a minority of other races.
He should dream bigger and leave these hoodrats alone, they're not on his level. With his status in Africa he should aim for a feature with Taylor Swift.

[EDIT]
I'm beginning to notice many users don't come here to enlighten themselves and make a conscious effort to remain mediocre. Because African Americans are what you see on MTV Base does not make rap a significant genre in the US music industry. Can any of the acts shown here compete with Kenny Rogers or Dolly Parton in recognition? Davido on the African continent is on a mini-level as the rock legends I mentioned. I was shocked to see Zambian and Namibian housemates on big brother Africa discuss Davido and Wizkid's matter like they were based in Nigeria. Go to Mexico or the Dominican Republic and tell me if anyone there knows these three shown in pictures.

Davido has the money and connections, he should link up Taylor if he's ready to put Nigeria on the map when it comes to music.
For the poster who says she's racist, educate yourself; she's introduced Fetty Wap on stage and performed with Nicki Minaj before. In my opinion Davido's 100x more talented than Fetty.

Yea right ! as far as World scene is concerned, their Least Artist will still be recognized better than our best artist !

Rae Sremmurd has songs with 377+ million views...from viewers all around the world

Tinashe isn't an unknown Artist ! most people in Africa know who Tinashe is ! atleast when they play her song...you will remember

1 Like

Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 2:42pm On May 11, 2016
Amberon:
Globally Rae Sremmurd are still bigger than wizkid. But Wizkid is bigger in Africa cuz Africans now prefer Afrobeat. Wizkid is doing fabulously well too.

What's your facts that they are bigger than Wiz and even Davido, is it because the latter are Nigerians because by awards recognition and social media followers, our guys aare bigger. Ur Opinion though.
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by fittty(m): 3:10pm On May 11, 2016
Amberon:
Hahahaha

Their music isnt known outside USA and we know them, how?? Theyre done of the biggest acts right now in USA and youre bluffing.

Outside Africa WHO knows davido?? huh? Didn't most Nigerian clubs play "No flex zone"? Who except Africans listens to Aye (davidos biggest song) in USA? That's like saying Genevieve is as big as Angelina Jolie.

Dude I love Davido but this hype isn't necessary.

Tell em!
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by fittty(m): 3:33pm On May 11, 2016
charix:

[EDIT]
I'm beginning to notice many users don't come here to enlighten themselves and make a conscious effort to remain mediocre. Because African Americans are what you see on MTV Base does not make rap a significant genre in the US music industry. Can any of the acts shown here compete with Kenny Rogers or Dolly Parton in recognition? Davido on the African continent is on a mini-level as the rock legends I mentioned. I was shocked to see Zambian and Namibian housemates on big brother Africa discuss Davido and Wizkid's matter like they were based in Nigeria. Go to Mexico or the Dominican Republic and tell me if anyone there knows these three shown in pictures.

Davido has the money and connections, he should link up Taylor if he's ready to put Nigeria on the map when it comes to music.
For the poster who says she's racist, educate yourself; she's introduced Fetty Wap on stage and performed with Nicki Minaj before. In my opinion Davido's 100x more talented than Fetty.
Stop the Hype my friend! We love Davido but this isn't necessary. You're talking about some Z-list ZAMBIAN and NAMIBIAN BBA AFRICAN housemates as if they're Sway, DJ funk flex, Charlemagne, Angela Yee or the likes. Dude save your data if you know nothing or have nothing to say. What has the collaboration Davido done with Meek Mills brought to him? Or what other African artist collaboration with American artist brought to them except Drake and Wizkid One Dance? Yeah Davido or other A-list African artists can afford to feature Americans but how would the song get international? The only song so far that's gaining air play now is Drake's One dance with wizkid which didn't even have Wizkid do much on the track. Music isn't about money or connection, its more about the society accepting the genre of music you're offering. Who else except the Nigerian community here go to Davido, Wizid, Timaya, P-square.. shows? You cant go to a random American club or radio station and play African songs and expect the crowd or listeners to groove. You'll be fired the next day as a DJ. Americans haven't come to the stage of liking African songs. They dont know about or have heard of our Artists. When an upcoming American have just one good single it goes world wide but our African artist sing "hit songs" for decades but don't get international recognition but yet they make money. Davido has more songs and money than some American acts but look, his Neighbors in Atlanta called the cops thinking he was a drug dealer not until he showed the cops his YouTube Channel. Let Davido, Wizkid, D-Banj or any of our African artists walk on the street of New york, Boston, Philly, LA, ATL or other Major cities in different countries and see if random people walk up to them asking for a Picture or autograph. Now let an American walk through these major cities and see how !many people recognizes them right away and ask for autographs. Bottom line is this, yes our African acts sing good music ONLY we Africans like and make lots of money but they dont nave the international recognition like Americans do have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by lordpapi001(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2016
Hmmm...d only flaw in this ur essay is saying davido is better than fetty wap....bros chill abeg....100×..... shocked
charix:

[EDIT]

Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by Booty4me: 4:00pm On May 11, 2016
fittty:

Stop the Hype my friend! We love Davido but this isn't necessary. You're talking about some Z-list ZAMBIAN and NAMIBIAN BBA AFRICAN housemates as if they're Sway, DJ funk flex, Charlemagne, Angela Yee or the likes. Dude save your data if you know nothing or have nothing to say. What has the collaboration Davido done with Meek Mills brought to him? Or what other African artist collaboration with American artist brought to them except Drake and Wizkid One Dance? Yeah Davido or other A-list African artists can afford to feature Americans but how would the song get international? The only song so far that's gaining air play now is Drake's One dance with wizkid which didn't even have Wizkid do much on the track. Music isn't about money or connection, its more about the society accepting the genre of music you're offering. Who else except the Nigerian community here go to Davido, Wizid, Timaya, P-square.. shows? You cant go to a random American club or radio station and play African songs and expect the crowd or listeners to groove. You'll be fired the next day as a DJ. Americans haven't come to the stage of liking African songs. They dont know about or have heard of our Artists. When an upcoming American have just one good single it goes world wide but our African artist sing "hit songs" for decades but don't get international recognition but yet they make money. Davido has more songs and money than some American acts but look, his Neighbors in Atlanta called the cops thinking he was a drug dealer not until he showed the cops his YouTube Channel. Let Davido, Wizkid, D-Banj or any of our African artists walk on the street of New york, Boston, Philly, LA, ATL or other Major cities in different countries and see if random people walk up to them asking for a Picture or autograph. Now let an American walk through these major cities and see how !many people recognizes them right away and ask for autographs. Bottom line is this, yes our African acts sing good music ONLY we Africans like and make lots of money but they dont nave the international recognition like Americans do have.

Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by kritth: 4:14pm On May 11, 2016
charix:

[EDIT]

Davido has the money and connections, he should link up Taylor if he's ready to put Nigeria on the map when it comes to music.[i][/i]
dats ur opinion
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by RemyMartinz(m): 6:04pm On May 11, 2016
charix:

[EDIT]

Please, are u a career analyst
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by oluwasegun007(m): 6:33pm On May 11, 2016
dis rea guy is always shirtless he no get money to buy cloth.
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by wittyt98(m): 7:39pm On May 11, 2016
charix:

[EDIT]

nigga based on what u just said I think u re high on meth not weed ...... who doesn't know rae sremmurd especially sway lee? just tell me u don't play such songs in your house nd I'll delete comment straight up .....look at this guy ... he said he should feature Taylor swift lol..a country pop act its just like saying tori lanes ft daddy shokey on the Diego track .... do u even know what u re saying at all rae sremmurd was on the street s of south africa sometime ago nd u need to see how people were begging for selfies ... how many people have begged davido for a selfie in the city of los angeles alone? im not saying davido isnt popular or isnt good buh i totally disagree with your point of who knows those hood rats ... at least the hood rats be making thous like errday while people like u hate anyway tho I don't blame u buh the meth u smoked ..

based on this pictures I'm suspecting some nice dope trap music and afro style jam coming up nice one davido!
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by Iamlordgee(m): 8:54pm On May 11, 2016
danieloy4:
WizKid for me is still number one,that collabo with Drake that entered Billboard No 1 charts says it all. Until Davido has a great record like that or starts singing songs that wil make international acts know him or feel his song,then he isn't ready for the top yet
And who is talking of the top.. u just da talk like say na em get The Song
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by Iamlordgee(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2016
I ain't done Gat no type. Bad B*tches Is The Only thing that I like

Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by YabaLeftist: 10:15pm On May 11, 2016
sanity12:
at wot age did dey feature rick ross and TI?,,,,remember dbanj still first dem feature international artiste,,,,dbanj ft snoopy dogg,,,,,tell me one igbo nigga I will u ten yorubas,,,yorubas are dominating d music industry in nigeria..

Sharap tribal bigot! 1diots like you are always trying to turn a pretty harmless thread into an Igbo vs Yoruba battle zone. Grow some sense, dolt!
Re: Davido With Tinashe And Rappers, Rae Sremmurd by DealZ(m): 10:28pm On May 11, 2016
Make obo represent well o, make him no go form wetin him no be this one wey na only him de laf for the pics, make him no too try to belong, if dem no go respect d african blood den fvck'em...#naijamade

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crazeclown And His Fiancee, Jojo, Expecting Their First Child / Protest: Tuface 2Baba Meeting Online By 3pm With Everyone / Mr Ibu Looking Very Stylish In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.