Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,427 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? (815 Views)

Evil Sodomite Cults Deliberately Spread HIV VIA Organized unprotected Sex Parties / New Original Naira Notes Needed For Owambe / posh Yoruba Owambe Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? by Praizekeyz(m): 1:51am On May 11, 2016
hello nairalanders.....
This particular question has been bothering me a lot and am sure you all would have been wondering the same thing too..........like is it a normal thing for you to attend an owambe party and after 2/3hours of serving, you start hearing no meat again (ko si eran no)

like this is very common in almost every party......and the most funny and annoying part is that the people in control of the food, will later pack dozen of meats home.......like why is it always like that?? I noticed this thing happens in almost all parties WHY??
Re: Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? by NiRfreak(m): 2:00am On May 11, 2016
Bros......and the thing used to pain u ba??......
Re: Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? by Praizekeyz(m): 2:11am On May 11, 2016
NiRfreak:
Bros......and the thing used to pain u ba??......
ummmmmmmm guy I no fit talk.....
Re: Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? by NiRfreak(m): 2:20am On May 11, 2016
Praizekeyz:
ummmmmmmm guy I no fit talk.....
next time....try aluta....the meat will come out...trust me
Re: Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? by pomide(m): 5:11am On May 11, 2016
last naming I been go... 1 full cow don dey finish even before the naming start proper at 4pm.. I blame the chefs partly for serving without sense but the butchers are the main thieves!

when cutting the meat they cut enough meat with the bones, when done, they pack the bones in black nylon claiming they would dispose it.

we caught two red-handed at my grandmother's burial.
Re: Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? by treasuredkids(f): 8:29am On May 11, 2016
Most of these caterers are dishonest when it comes to their work. Some times I wonder, if stealing the meat will put a permanent stop to their hunger for it. When dealing with customers demands, honesty is my watchword. I can't soil my name for a morsel of meat.
Re: Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? by absoluteSuccess: 8:41am On May 11, 2016
pomide:
last naming I been go... 1 full cow don dey finish even before the naming start proper at 4pm.. I blame the chefs partly for serving without sense but the butchers are the main thieves!

when cutting the meat they cut enough meat with the bones, when done, they pack the bones in black nylon claiming they would dispose it.

we caught two red-handed at my grandmother's burial.

You people created the problem by yourselves.

The best thing to serve people in naming ceremony is sugar, honey, sugarcane and salt or aadun aka donkua.

I have seen someone who served people biscuit and soda. he was not arrested afterwards.

At burial akara, mosa, the reason is there is a standing myth that dedybody people used to wash hand in foods being served at funeral.

What if they mistakingly taste the meat and finds it to be delicious? Your guess is as good as mine.

I've come to agree that many people coming to owanbe are not all human being, some are dedybody. And I don't expect anyone to ask for prove if you can't prove otherwise but argue.

Imaging when dedybody goes to Owanbe with utmost expectations of eating himself to stupor only to find out meat has finished.

Fela caught a vivid imagination of the scenario in one of his songs, double wahala for dedybody.

It used to be the reason for a lot of fight at funeral parties especially. Someone will just whisper your name and the moment you look away, your meat disappeared.

Then you look at the drunk stranger opposite you with "cause trouble" on your mind. Annoyance makes you ask him hey did you call my name? I'm asking you did you took my meat?

Then come the trouble.
Re: Why Do Meats Get Finshed Early In Owambe Parties? by caprini1: 5:10pm On May 11, 2016
OP......not all owanbe party.I attended one at lekki ,from 3pm to 9pm there was like 4 different catering companies,I had to take Pain killers for my tooth aches,the next day,because we had so much meat,fresh fish,kpanla to eat ,so much crowd,yet a lot of people still went home with takeaway packs.

(1) (Reply)

CUCUMBER UPDATE: Chidinma Okeke Declared Missing By Family / I’m A Spirit, Its A Taboo To See Me Eat / Afia Olu Nnewi; Preserve, Improve, Invent; Ezeemo, Igboezue Advocate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.